Green lantern corps:Choose your Lineup

WBwins

Sidekick
Reaction score
So choose the Lanterns you want as the main heros in this movie.Which lanterns do you expect the movie to focus on?Which lanterns are the protagonists?

Last edited:
My choices are

1.Hal jordan
2.Kilowog
3.Katma tui
4.Arisia

If they need another human maybe throw in John
No more than 2 humans in lineup

Jordan, Gardner, Stewart and leave Rayner for the sequels. As for the alien GLs, Kilowog, Salaak, Soranik Natu, Arisia, Tomar-Re, Sodam Yat, Iolande, hell let's put Vath Sarn and Isamot Kol in there, too. They are awesome.

In that case Hal and John as the veterans/mentors, Guy and Kyle as the younger recruits. All of them can have equally important roles in the movie with nobody playing the role of the sidekicks/supporting characters.

In 'Empire Strikes Back' terms:

Luke = Hal
Yoda/Vader = Sinestro
Han = John
Leia = Guy
Chewie = Kilowogg
C3PO = Arisia
R2D2 = Ch'p
Lando = Katma Tui

(And just like Empire, I'd have Hal and Sinestro off doing their own thing while John and Guy develop their bromance elsewhere)

plus a bunch of other lanterns in minor roles. The more visually interesting the better, like that one guy made of fire, or that alien who looks like a big 12-sided die, haha.

Last edited:
In 'Empire Strikes Back' terms:

Luke = Hal
Yoda/Vader = Sinestro
Han = John
Leia = Guy

Chewie = Kilowogg
C3PO = Arisia
R2D2 = Ch'p
Lando = Katma Tui

(And just like Empire, I'd have Hal and Sinestro off doing their own thing while John and Guy develop their bromance elsewhere)

plus a bunch of other lanterns in minor roles. The more visually interesting the better, like that one guy who looks like a big 12 sided die with arms, haha.
So Hal,John,Guy as the main heroes?

Hal as a veteren mentor, with Guy and John as new recruits. Their individual personal flaws (John's self doubt, Guy's over-confidence) balance each other out very nicely. Kilawog is the comic relief/muscle, bring in either Arisia or Katma Tui as a love interest, and then some expendable ones for Sinestro to kill off. Then add in a pre-ring Saint Walker as the object of their mission and you're all set.

I'd say Hal and John as the main characters. Hal can be the established veteran, and he can bring John on as his new partner/alternate (similar to Men In Black, only more serious and without a drastic age difference in the two leads). You can also throw Guy in there as the original person the Guardians selected, and show his injury and resulting personality change. Sinestro would be the villain, and Kilowog, Tomar Re, Katma Tui, Carol Ferris and Ganthet would have supporting roles. Kyle can be saved for a sequel.

I'd like it to be John & Guy, like the Green Lantern Corps books were. The rest of the corps should be aliens

I'd say Hal and John as the main characters. Hal can be the established veteran, and he can bring John on as his new partner/alternate (similar to Men In Black, only more serious and without a drastic age difference in the two leads). You can also throw Guy in there as the original person the Guardians selected, and show his injury and resulting personality change. Sinestro would be the villain, and Kilowog, Tomar Re, Katma Tui, Carol Ferris and Ganthet would have supporting roles. Kyle can be saved for a sequel.

Serious Men In Black is a perfect comparison. That's exactly how a GL movie should be. Hal is the more exciting/fun main character just like Will Smith, and John would be the more serious, by the books character like Tommy Lee Jones's character

Hopefully the Hal /John dynamic is explored in GLC.

Great news that both Hal and John are confirmed for GLC . That means Hal is the main GL in GLC and Jutsice League, while John will likely be intruded in GLC . That's easily the best and most obvious way to portray those characters on screen

John and Hal were confirmed by the people that went to Sdcc. Concept art showed Hal and John

Hal and John train Guy. And Aliens with Kilowog.

For JL probably Hal since we can't get Idris till after. :woot:

Don't know if JL is all on earth. But what if they went with Arisia on JL1 and she is part of the GLC. Would add another female to the group until Vixen shows up in Phase 2 :oldrazz: Probably best to go with Hal, just thinking outside the box

Hal and John with Guy in a supporting riole.

roach once metioned how he'd like to see this movie have a Seven Samurai-esque feel, with seven Corps member defending a planet from say, Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns. I really like that idea, and my ideal lineup would be something like this:

Hal Jordan - The leader (think Brad Pitt in Fury).
John Stewart - The second in command.
Guy Gardner - The comic relief.
Kyle Rayner - The new recruit, also serves as the audience avatar.
Kilowog
Sinestro - The loose cannon.
Either Tomar-Re or Katma Tui

Any thoughts of Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz DC's been pushing them more lately

Hal, John and Jessica because I live for the fan rage!! Hals only there because he came first, John and Jessica are the real stars :woot:

Any thoughts of Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz DC's been pushing them more lately

Simon Baz has become my favorite Green Lantern. AFAIK he's the only Green Lantern that was a felon before getting his ring. His drive to redeem himself to himself is admirable. He doesn't try to exploit his past to seem like a badass either.

GLC #1

Hal (cowboy cop)
John (by-the-book rookie)
Kilowog (the big guy)
Tomar Re (the badass book worm)
Sinestro (the pragmatist/well intentioned extremist)

GLC 2

John
Kyle
Kilowog
Tomar Re
Katma Tui

GLC 3

Everybody including Baz and Cruz.

I want to see as many Lanterns as possible, and references to the Corps being large, active, and ancient. We'll see Hal because Green Lantern is his universe. We'll see John in some capacity as a new recruit and/or partner to Hal. Hopefully, we'll see the chips down for the Corps at some point, necessitating Kyle bringing them back from the brink.

Guy, Jessica, and Simon? Sure. Soranik, Bzzd, Laira, Boodikka, Iolande, Hannu, Arisia, Ke'Haan, Morro, Sodam, and Mogo? The more the merrier.

Hal - The Leader
John
Guy
Kilowog
Salaak
Sinestro - The corrupt one
Sodam Yat - The powerful one, and just cause he's a character I wanna see in live-action.

And plenty more. I'd love to see as many GL aliens in live-action as possible.

Hal and maybe john but that's it for human lanterns. Then, as many aliens as they want but kilowog must be in it.

A GL Corps is a stupid idea from the get go.

Make a GL movie and go from there.
When it makes sense, make a spin-off movie series called GL Corps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"