Arrow Green Lantern in Arrowverse

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
Atleast during the seven seasons I've seen, there was not a mention of any Lantern. I don't count Earth-90s Flash remark about Diggle and the ring.
Granted, the supernatural heroes tend to appear mostly on Flash (Elongated Man, Firestorm etc). But Green Arrow/Green Lantern once were a duo in comic books. It's quite a let down that we never got to see it in live action, even if would have been in a TV series.
It didn't actually HAVE to be Hal Jordan. They could have gone the more mystical route with Alan Scott. I could see it working because they used both Constantine and Vixen for the mystical element. But thinking about it, maybe they picked Vixen over Alan Scott because she also get the power from a totem (instead of a ring).

If I had been one of the creators on the arrowverse, I would have Alan Scott (or Hal Jordan) appear for a season, or atleast a couple of episodes.
I wonder why they never thought about that. Did it ever cross their mind that they could do it?

Sorry if there's already a thread for this topic.

Don't be surprised if the Green Lantern streaming show is in the Arrowverse

Maybe so, but Oliver Queen is gone and it's him that should have teamed up with a Lantern.
Now it's too late. But we can still wish for it to happen in DCU

Quentin would've been a good fit for the role of Arrowverse Green Lantern. As a space cop, he'd have to deal with the same ethical dilemma regarding The Hood that he faced in his civilian job. He could've been the Arrowverse doppelganger of Guy Gardner, a little older than in the comics and having learned a bit of restraint.

Quentin getting the ring later on in the series, you mean?
The Lance family would be packed with heroes, for sure

Last edited:
New Quentin getting the ring later on in the series, you mean?

I was thinking more of early in the series, during Ollie's sort-of-well-intentioned serial killer days, but that's a lingering matter of justice later on, too, so Detective GL Quentin would still have to face the issue.

I think the key to successfully including any Green Lantern on an Arrowverse show would be to make the character a new recruit to the Corps, with little experience as a ringbearer. Otherwise, he or she would be massively overpowered against anything other than a Crisis-level threat, and the other heroes would be effectively sidelined. (They tried the hugely-unbalanced power-set team-up against the Shadow Demons, and I just couldn't suspend disbelief for that fight scene.)

If he got the ring early in the series, he would be over powered towards the end.
He would also have survived long enough to be a part of Crisis.

New If he got the ring early in the series, he would be over powered towards the end.
He would also have survived long enough to be a part of Crisis.

Oh, he'd have all of Sector 2814 to keep him busy policing once he'd become good with the ring, and Crisis happened everywhere. By then, the show could have him back to Star City for family visits and the occasional warning of impending cosmic doom.

"Impending cosmic doom" - Yeah he would be back in Star City for the Crisis. :)

But long before that, he and Oliver would be that Arrow/Lantern team that should have happened on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"