Green Lantern Recharge Talkback/Discussion

Lt. Figgnuts said:
Would all of you guys recommend the new Green Lantern series?

I've been wanting to get into the character on a monthly basis, but I'm not sure if the new ongoing is any good.

i'm guessing you mean the solo series. i get it. its ok. i really enjoyed the first three issues. issue four was kinda... not up to par i guess. but if you can find the issues i'd pick it up. its a good read, just not kevin smith/green arrow good :)

^ It is?!
Excellent, because despite myself, I really liked the first issue. That Guy, what a maroon! :)
I actually care about the recruits, especially the doctor chick since we really do need a strong female Green Lantern. My favourite part was Kyle saying goodbye to the Justice League. It was sweet, because I kinda got the feeling they forgot all about him. I was disappointed however that Flash wasn't there. :(
Really looking forward to the second issue.

*************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
ive read it. pretty great issue. batman getting mooned and saying guy needed a shave cracked me up.

I love this page from the book:

ByeByeBats.jpg

TheCorpulent1 said:
Green Lantern is a title for a superhero that Alan Scott invented on Earth, though. He's this planet's first GL and he's proven himself to be one of the most respectable, powerful, and enduring heroes over the 50 or so years he's been active. He's been recognized by the Guardians as an honorary member of the Corps, as well, so it'd actually be more like a private detective who did the exact same job as the "real" cops, but he did it so well that the state actually sought him out in order to grant him the title of "police officer." Hal, John, and Kyle have all turned to Alan for advice and support throughout the years, too.

Not to mention that the Hal character was a re-imagining of the Alan Scott character. Scott was the original Green Lantern (as in back in the 1940's) and has about a strict code of honor as the "modern" GL's. I am glad that in the pages of JSA, it shows that even Superman holds Alan in high regard. In short, without the Golden Age GL, there would have been no Hal Jordan GL. Thus, I find it completely appropriate that Geoff Johns finally wrote him as claiming the title of Green Lantern and getting rid of the "Sentinel" name.

All that having been said, I am a GL Hal Jordan fan. You shouldn't diss Alan Scott for being the original Green Lantern. He owned the name for a couple of decades, and is finally getting his due. Likewise, I am glad that Hal is back as GL and overjoyed that the GL Corps is back to kick @$$ and take names.

I loved the book. Especially the way it spanned it's tones...it went from humorous (Guy's farewell to Batman...priceless) to dark...(the foreshadowing to the Crisis..."the whole universe is about to change.") As of right now, it looks like a great set up to what's to come in the DCU...especially with the need for a larger corps...it should be a good series.

Okay, so is this a mini to be followed by an ongoing or is it just an ongoing? I'm not sure and I've hears both ways.

i really liked it. It was good to see Kyle and Guy get recognition for all they have done, without stealing Hal's thunder.
I think Kyle would obviously make a better instructor than Hal, he's more patient, less cocky, and I dunno, I just think he would.
Don't get me wrong, I still think Hal would tool Kyle, I just think Kyle is a much better choice for instructor that's all.

JewishHobbit said:
Okay, so is this a mini to be followed by an ongoing or is it just an ongoing? I'm not sure and I've hears both ways.
I think they're taking a page out of Marvel's book and seeing how the mini does first. Then they'll decide if they want it to be an ongoing. I don't know how they'll handle numbering and stuff, if the ongoing would continue the mini's numbering or get a new #1 or whatever.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I think they're taking a page out of Marvel's book and seeing how the mini does first. Then they'll decide if they want it to be an ongoing. I don't know how they'll handle numbering and stuff, if the ongoing would continue the mini's numbering or get a new #1 or whatever.

Its a ongoing for sure, in the back of the issue, in the preview thing, its says so. :up:

Yeah it is!!!! It says in the back it is coming in eary 2006. Hopefully Geoff Johns is writing it. He's my favorite writer in the world.

BTW does this issue happen before the trinity broke up or after?

TheCorpulent1 said:
Does it? I missed that.

you were right, though... it was originally only a mini. Based on orders, they must've decided to make it ongoing since they were already leaning that way.

That is awesome. I hope they drop the "Recharge" part when it becomes an ongoing, though. And hopefully Gibbons will come back to write it and Johns will keep himself available for consultation.

I thought it was great & I'd love to see it as aan on-going title. The old GL Corps Quarterly was awesome too & I hated to see that go. There's so much potential when you've got 7200 GLs to pick from/make up.

I loved seeing Bats getting the pressed ham from Gardner too :up:

Unthinkable said:
I'm also really, really happy this is turning into a ongoing with the same creative team.

Sounds great to me! I really hope they leave it in the hands of a good writer. These characters have so much potential.

DrVenkman90 said:
Yeah it is!!!! It says in the back it is coming in eary 2006. Hopefully Geoff Johns is writing it. He's my favorite writer in the world.

Geoff Johns said in an interview that Gibbons will be taking the book solo for the ongoing.

Dr.Fear said:
BTW does this issue happen before the trinity broke up or after?

The good guys are smiling... I think it's safe to say the book's set pre-Sacrifice.

Recharge was supposed to start coming out a month or two before it actually did, wasn't it? Rebirth and the GL monthly's delays held it back, if I recall correctly. So yeah, I'd say it's before "Sacrifice" or maybe even during "Sacrifice," since I doubt Kyle, Guy, and Kilowog would care enough about Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman's little spat to rush back to Earth while they're out dealing with interstellar threats.

from any official comic book or rpg product, does any person know the duration of a GreenLantern power ring effect regardless of whether it is a GreenLantern corps power ring or just any Green Lantern power ring wielded by any being? when a GreenLantern is willing any power or any ability of the ring to activate, how long will the effect last?

traditionally, it's 24 hours...then the ring needs to be recharged.

an construct can last that long or less if the GL wants

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"