OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Hal, John, and Kyle. Safe to say the three are in the GL movie?

Well, it did not say it wouldn't have Hal, John, Kyle. I hope they show up.

Just when i thought i could be done with MG...here he is.

I feel bad for Kyle since he went from top GL to DC trying everything in their power to make him a nobody

yea wish Kyle was in this instead of Alan or Guy.

Also thats a lot of characters for a 10 episode series(?)

I don't understand not having Hal or John in the show. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
Must be saving them for the movies. They need to leave something on the table for the movies to chew on, but this isn’t a bad roster of characters though since both Jessica Cruz and Guy Gardner are awesome, and they even have Sinestro in the mix as well.

Though I’m surprised there’s no Kyle Renner(who’s my favorite GL after Guy). Either they’re saving him for a movie, or he just isn’t in this season.

Last edited:
Must be saving them for the movies. They need to leave something on the table for the movies to chew on, but isn’t a bad roster of characters though since both Jessica Cruz and Guy Gardner are awesome, and they even have Sinestro in the mix as well.

Though I’m surprised there’s no Kyle Renner(who’s my favorite GL after Guy). Either they’re saving him for a movie, or he just isn’t in this season.
As long as we see Green Man, I will be happy :)

I'm hoping this is a sign that we'll get Blackest Night in some form in the future....:hmr:

I know they will not do it, but it would be cool if the Alan Scott episodes were set during the 1940's.

AACGL.jpg

Ya'll really acting like MG is running the show. He's only co-writing the first episode

Ya'll really acting like MG is running the show. He's only co-writing the first episode
My thoughts exactly. I trust him well enough to at least get this thing started off on the right foot. It’s the long-term prospect of his leadership where I start to become weary, especially given how much he likes to pile other projects onto his plate when he should be focused on the one thing.

Would be too big a name for this, surely

He's already done television/HBO/NETFLIX. HBO MAX is suited to him.

But i think that they'll make Alan in his 40s/50s.

I wonder if they'll attempt to explain majority of their main cast being human and why so many from Earth get chosen.

How did the comics explain it?

My thoughts exactly. I trust him well enough to at least get this thing started off on the right foot. It’s the long-term prospect of his leadership where I start to become weary, especially given how much he likes to pile other projects onto his plate when he should be focused on the one thing.

Sounds like Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti.

How did the comics explain it?

Before the Guardians lost their minds during the Rise of the Third Army, they were keeping a close eye on Earth due to its unusual amount of terrestrial villains, and its a magnet for universal threats.
Also (and I can't remember the exact issue), but I remember one of the GotU saying that humans were naturally effective Green Lanterns.

I've read a few articles this evening on Instagram from David Ramsay (Arrow's John Diggle) stating that there's news coming regarding Green Lanterns.

I can only imagine at this point that maybe he's either going to become John Stewart in the Green Lantern show, or he's going to become John Stewart and appear (sporadically) in the Superman show and/or a crossover or two.

I’m getting live action Jessica Cruz!! I’m in!!

yea wish Kyle was in this instead of Alan or Guy.

Also thats a lot of characters for a 10 episode series(?)

Kyle works better as a character who is portrayed as different than the other GLs. I'll be disappointed if he never shows up, but he's perfectly suited for some future storyline where the GLC is in trouble an he's brought in to save the day. There's unlimited potential there.

Kyle works better as a character who is portrayed as different than the other GLs. I'll be disappointed if he never shows up, but he's perfectly suited for some future storyline where the GLC is in trouble an he's brought in to save the day. There's unlimited potential there.

But you have to get to know Kyle and go on his journey from GL to something different.

But you have to get to know Kyle and go on his journey from GL to something different.

Unless the show is cancelled prematurely, there's time for that. If he's there from the start as just part of the group, then he can't be made into anything like the spirit of the Torchbearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"