OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Rayner has always been my favorite GL! So I would love to see him in it. I do like John Stewart & Hal too. but I loved Kyle being the only GL for awhile.

oh that would be cute! You could even have Hal and John in a green lantern movie and Kyle in a series! Then they can meet up! I love that idea.

but most important question, who could play him?
Well now that same guy at Reddit is apparently saying he was wrong about Kyle and that they haven't made the decision of which GL they're using (don't even have a showrunner yet), so I guess it's a little early to get attached to that idea, lol. Also, if it's in such early stages I guess we shouldn't expect to see this show for at least 2 years.

That’s a shame but hopefully Berlanti is aware of it and thinking about it. I think he would be better at writing Kyle than Hal anyway. I love Kyle.

has anyone seen any really great green lantern cosplay? The costume is what killed the last film

Now I’m aware this is HBO Max and isn’t actually HBO but I’d be hard-pressed to believe that compete with Disney Plus and Netflix with poorer quality shows.
The Disney+ shows haven't even come out yet, we don't know what their quality will be. Considering that Mandalorian isn't even screening for critics, lets wait until it's actually out first.

The Disney+ shows haven't even come out yet, we don't know what their quality will be. Considering that Mandalorian isn't even screening for critics, lets wait until it's actually out first.
Mandalorian looks expensive & enticing so it looks like Lucasfilm put in a considerable effort on it in terms of production values. Also, Marvel looks to be doing the same with their shows. Marvel has a impressive track record when it comes to quality so I fully expect those shows to be good, or least above average. I think Disney is going to be successful with their Disney Plus shows and it will reap them major rewards.

If HBO Max is competing against that they should put up content that is up to par with those shows look like they will doing which is why I think a big budget Green Lantern show could be the answer to that.

Last edited:
Who would you guys cast in the key roles? Who do you think would be cast? Do you think they’ll attempt to land A-List movie star talent, or are we think more second tier stars like Watchmen (Regina King is an A-lister but the rest of the cast I would say is B-list in terms of fame).

I’d bet on maybe one or two A-Listers with a mix of B- and C- listers and talented up-and-comers.

And for the sake of diversity, I predict the lead Lantern will be Jessica Cruz.

Who would you guys cast in the key roles? Who do you think would be cast? Do you think they’ll attempt to land A-List movie star talent, or are we think more second tier stars like Watchmen (Regina King is an A-lister but the rest of the cast I would say is B-list in terms of fame).
I'm guessing they'll go with known/recognizable TV talent (with possibly some movie cred). Some realistic choices that come to mind for me:

Kyle Rayner

Diego Boneta
6452075.jpeg

Sean Teale
MV5BOTM2ZjdiNWUtYTI2NS00NWM4LTg5NmItNzUwOWFmNmE1YTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAwNjE2MDky._V1_SY500_CR0,0,333,500_AL_.jpg

Hal Jordan (if they go with "Older Hal")

Gabriel Macht
suits_gabriel_apple_blog.jpg

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
nikolaj-coster-waldau-4-1570240562.jpg

James Marsden
james-624x412.jpg

And this is like the ONE time fan fave casting of Nathan Fillion actually seems realistic, as I'm pretty sure his ABC show will be cancelled soon, and he's in the right "league" of actors I think they'd be looking at.
PRI_81670828.jpg

Hal Jordan (if they go for "Younger Hal"...which I kinda hope they don't)

Jamie Dornan (IF he can get his American accent under control, because despite Fifty Shades, I've really liked him in several other films/shows now)
GettyImages-461131488-43d1085.jpg

Austin Stowell
images

John Stewart (he's one where I think the most popular fancasts are already realistic options)

Ricky Whittle (as I don't see American Gods lasting beyond S3)
ricky_whittle_a_p.jpg

Trevante Rhodes
RhodesT_headshot_web.jpg

Jessica Cruz

Stephanie Sigman
Stephanie-Sigman-Photo.jpg

Gina Rodriguez
ginarodriguez-janethevirgin-nword.jpg

Sinestro

Naveed Negahban
legion-shadow-king.jpg

Or if they want a bigger/more recognizable name, bring back Mark Strong goddammit, he was already perfect!
v1.cjs0NDk2MTtqOzE4MjI1OzEyMDA7MjIwOzE5Ng

Ha, I almost listed him too, but I thought 4 was enough. He's another great option though. :up:

I love Nikolaj Coster-Waldau for Hal, i thought about him, a couple of years ago :) i'd like James Mardsen and Nathan Fillion too :up:

Mark Strong of course returning would be great. And Trevante Rhodes has been my pick for a while Dont know enough the others on the acting front, but they sure do look the part.

Yahya Abdul-Matteen just came off a billion dollar grosser haha, he's gonna be an A-lister pretty soon considering he has a Sorkin film & Matrix 4 lined up too

(L-R) Stewart, Carol, Sinestro, Hal, Guy
actors-jovan-adepo-carrie-coon-scott-glenn-justin-theroux-and-chris-picture-id664671338

Get Lindelof to show-run, he's already under DC's pay-roll

Yahya Abdul-Matteen just came off a billion dollar grosser haha, he's gonna be an A-lister pretty soon considering he has a Sorkin film & Matrix 4 lined up too

True, but he's been a bit player on the show so far.

I'm guessing they'll go with known/recognizable TV talent (with possibly some movie cred). Some realistic choices that come to mind for me:

Kyle Rayner

Diego Boneta
6452075.jpeg

Sean Teale
MV5BOTM2ZjdiNWUtYTI2NS00NWM4LTg5NmItNzUwOWFmNmE1YTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAwNjE2MDky._V1_SY500_CR0,0,333,500_AL_.jpg

Hal Jordan (if they go with "Older Hal")

Gabriel Macht
suits_gabriel_apple_blog.jpg

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
nikolaj-coster-waldau-4-1570240562.jpg

James Marsden
james-624x412.jpg

And this is like the ONE time fan fave casting of Nathan Fillion actually seems realistic, as I'm pretty sure his ABC show will be cancelled soon, and he's in the right "league" of actors I think they'd be looking at.
PRI_81670828.jpg

Hal Jordan (if they go for "Younger Hal"...which I kinda hope they don't)

Jamie Dornan (IF he can get his American accent under control, because despite Fifty Shades, I've really liked him in several other films/shows now)
GettyImages-461131488-43d1085.jpg

Austin Stowell
images

John Stewart (he's one where I think the most popular fancasts are already realistic options)

Ricky Whittle (as I don't see American Gods lasting beyond S3)
ricky_whittle_a_p.jpg

Trevante Rhodes
RhodesT_headshot_web.jpg

Jessica Cruz

Stephanie Sigman
Stephanie-Sigman-Photo.jpg

Gina Rodriguez
ginarodriguez-janethevirgin-nword.jpg

Sinestro

Naveed Negahban
legion-shadow-king.jpg

Or if they want a bigger/more recognizable name, bring back Mark Strong goddammit, he was already perfect!
v1.cjs0NDk2MTtqOzE4MjI1OzEyMDA7MjIwOzE5Ng

Love most of these choices. I'd be all for bringing back Strong but I don't think it will happen; I'm guessing DC doesn't want ANY association with the Ryan Reynolds movie.

I hope the costumes this time are physical, not that awful CGI monstrosity from the 2011 film!

Well I just saw the new Terminator, and it was mediocre, but I'll add Natalia Reyes to my list of Jessica Cruz candidates, because I thought she was pretty solid in it.

Hal- I like the Gabriel macht and Anson mount suggestions( want him for superman actually).
John- Jovan adept but Ricky whittle seems feasible tbh.

I hope they don't make Jessica badass.She needs that development from anxious mess to self confident badass :) Also hope its Jess as main character. Her or Kyle but I still have doubts about how strictly this show will follow comics.

At least if the budget is high they can get some great actor like with Doom Patrol but more a-list.

I’m so hyped about this. :funny:
It’ll no doubt be a while before we see any movement on it but it’s easily one of my most anticipated projects in tv or movies.

I’m so hyped about this. :funny:
It’ll no doubt be a while before we see any movement on it but it’s easily one of my most anticipated projects in tv or movies.
Me too. Even before this was announced, I'd been really hungering for a better look at the day-to-day operations of the Green Lantern Corps lately. Like, in recent weeks, I had been Googling stuff like "Green Lantern Sector Houses" and "what kind of currency is used on Oa" because I just wanted to see how much they fleshed out that world in comics, so needless to say, I'm hyped that there's a whole team of creatives about to be assembled to bring that stuff to life. And I'm more likely to get those little details from a TV show than I would be from a movie, so I guess I'm more excited for the world-building here than anything else, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"