OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they’re saving Hal and John for the movies, I think that’s idiotic. DC has often made the mistake of saving things for future movies, (Sinestro in GL 2011, Darkseid in JL, etc; ) it’s best to just throw it all out there because we’re never guaranteed to get future content with these types of IP

Hopefully they're not thinking that way, because at this point, who knows if a movie will even be made. We had that Comic Con announcement about a GLC movie, what? Like four years ago or something? IF a movie ever happens, it won't be a for a long time, so go all-in on this show and make it the best it can possibly be.

Yeah, that could work. An idea I've had for a while was kinda the same thing, only with Kyle as that gateway character. It would change up the story a bit, with Kyle being a new recruit rather than the one and only GL. But I think it could work, as could your idea with Jessica. But your other idea with the story starting out with Kyle after the Corps is destroyed could also be really interesting; it could make the whole thing more of a mystery to people unfamiliar with GL and they could discover it along with him. If they go that route though (and they stick to the source material closely) it would mean that the audience's introduction to Hal would be as a villain. Even if they redeem him later on with the whole Parallax thing, as a Hal fan, I don't know that I'd want him introduced that way. Though Rebirth was one of my favorite GL stories of all time so if it's handled that way, it could be great.
I really liked the idea of Kyle just hearing what a great GL Hal was from other heroes, and fighting to save him based solely on faith that they were right, and that there is a great hero somewhere in there. Introducing Hal via a whole redemption arc and going from Big Bad to mentor figure could be pretty great, imo. As long as they stick with Johns’ retcon that he was indeed possessed by Parallax and so the villainous actions weren’t really him.

But yeah if they’re not gonna do that, I’d just assume have Jessica be the new recruit. I wouldn’t want Kyle’s unique origin to be erased, personally.

I really liked the idea of Kyle just hearing what a great GL Hal was from other heroes, and fighting to save him based solely on faith that they were right, and that there is a great hero somewhere in there. Introducing Hal via a whole redemption arc and going from Big Bad to mentor figure could be pretty great, imo. As long as they stick with Johns’ retcon that he was indeed possessed by Parallax and so the villainous actions weren’t really him.

But yeah if they’re not gonna do that, I’d just assume have Jessica be the new recruit. I wouldn’t want Kyle’s unique origin to be erased, personally.

Yeah, I like that idea. John and Guy (de-powered) could factor into the story as main characters who help Kyle understand what happened, and Alan as well (with powers, since his ring is different). And that arc for Hal could be amazing if done well.

Or it could be based on the new YOUNG ANIMAL series, "Far Sector".
African-American Female lead.

FarSector.jpg

I’m hoping for at least higher production values even if does have CW-level writing.

To be fair, Guy Gardner's original costume would look pretty accurate in the CW Berlantiverse. :hehe:

Guy-Gardner-DC-Heroes-RPG-Homebrew-AZ.jpg

Those boots tho.

And who wears a high neck sweater inside spandex costume and jacket over everything else ?

Those boots tho.

And who wears a high neck sweater inside spandex costume and jacket over everything else ?

You mean you DON’T? :funny:

I remember when DC briefly tried to push Guy is the primary Lantern, and fans were like, NOPE. He’s much better as a semi-ridiculous side character, which is why his absurd costume works lol.

oh that’s unusual. But maybe a good thing so they can have a different tone?
A lot of Arrowverse shows have very different tones. Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, Titans, 1966 Batman, 1990 Flash, Superman the Movie, Lucifer, and Birds of Prey all vary wildly in tone and they're all technically part of the Arrowverse now.

So this was Arrowverse after all.

Just happens to be Earth-12, not Earth-1/Earth Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"