DC COMICS: BOX OFFICE & AWARDS | Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom

Did FFH affect all the placings again?

Did FFH affect all the placings again?
FFH will eventually affect the placing. It will push TDKR out of the top 10 live action CBM and could be as high as 7.

FFH will eventually affect the placing. It will push TDKR out of the top 10 live action CBM and could be as high as 7.

Btw... TDK and TDKR are already out of the TOP10, currently it's only Aquaman in the TOP10 at 9
Check the OP

Are these figures gross, or adjusted for inflation?

I think it's only gross without inflation, since those are the numbers at boxofficemojo

Whiich is kinda impressive because all the DCEU films except for Shazam! are charting + 2 films of the Nolan trilogy, this way before of the Marvel boom!, until last year, there were really old movies charting from DC

Its moving so fast since now we have so many Comic Book Movies per year

I think it's only gross without inflation, since those are the numbers at boxofficemojo

Whiich is kinda impressive because all the DCEU films except for Shazam! are charting + 2 films of the Nolan trilogy, this way before of the Marvel boom!, until last year, there were really old movies charting from DC

Its moving so fast since now we have so many Comic Book Movies per year
Perhaps. Adjusted for inflation, for example, I believe Thunderball is still the top earning Bond movie.

yep, already did, i believe i updated the list last week, rn only AM and both Bats movies with 1B are above FFH
I guess TDK is below by now with the overseas numbers. Could be a while before it reaches TDKR though, and Aquaman could be too far.

I wonder if Joker can do what Shazam! couldnt + excited 4 The Kitchen numbers

I wonder if Joker can do what Shazam! couldnt + excited 4 The Kitchen numbers
A R-Rated showing, which may be more drama based? I don't see it doing much better than Shazam?

Modern people really have no idea how popular Bond was in the 60s.

I knew he was big but not that much

A R-Rated showing, which may be more drama based? I don't see it doing much better than Shazam?

Im fine if The Kitchen does 250 - 350M WW and im ok with Joker doing 350 - 450M that's all i ask

Joker got 53 million trailer views and 1.3 million likes. That's gotta account for something. Can't see it doing worse than Shazam! - it has all of October to itself too. $600m+?

Joker got 53 million trailer views and 1.3 million likes. That's gotta account for something. Can't see it doing worse than Shazam! - it has all of October to itself too. $600m+?
I'm aiming for 300 million and I think that'd be a win.

It's still Rated R and while Deadpool and Logan have had success and 600+, it doesn't appear that the Joker has the humor of the former or the action of either from the trailer.

At least is getting praise in the Venice Film Festival and it seems they are aiming for Oscars, so its gotta be good, and i kinda rather this ngl, If Joker does great, it will open the doors for more DC Dark label films, this is what WB should be doing, they are at them best when do this stuff... A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, V for Vendetta, all of them great even when those are not box office monsters.

I'm aiming for 300 million and I think that'd be a win.

It's meh numbers but i would take it, would be awesome if it does Deadpool or Passion of the Christ numbers, which i kinda doubt
RN the top box office Rated R films in america are those 2 films, both did 300+K, with other films like IT and American Snipper (both from WB)

It has a lot more awareness than Shazam ever did though.

To be fair, Shazam was under New Line Cinema and not WB, so the budget for marketing was lower + they were smart not overpricing the budget knowing the film was sandwiched between CM and Endgame

I do not know about that. SHAZAM, unfortunately, seemed to under-perform.
Shazam was sandwiched between to big budget movies like Captain Marvel and Avengers Endgame which had bigger marketing campaign than Shazam, other movies released around that time from other Studios (including Disney's Dumbo) also under-performed.

Having said that, Shazam is still the second highest earning movie for WB this year. It also made back 3.64 times it's production budget.

It's still Rated R and while Deadpool and Logan have had success and 600+, it doesn't appear that the Joker has the humor of the former or the action of either from the trailer.
If Joker doesn't make at least 600 m I'll be shocked (It feels like 700 m + to me). The hype is just getting started, by the time it's released it will feel like an event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"