Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might this be a Marvel Studios production that is actually discernible from the rest? I hope so.

This looks unique, self assured and well shot. Bring it on.

I've never read a single GOTG comic though, where should I start?

If you want something kinda similar to the trailer you just watched, then get Bendis' current run. If you want something more serious(and better IMO), then track down the slightly older stuff written by Abnett and Lanning.

See a lot of DNA in this - Firefly, Futurama, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Fifth Element. Looks like so much fun. Kind of like a blend of scifi across the decades. Beautifully shot, excellent cast, seems like a good blend of humor and serious as has become the hallmark of these Marvel movies.

I loved that shot of Groot kind of bending over sideways in the line up room because he was so tall. If the film has that kind quirk and attention to character in it all the way through, we could very well have one of the most colorful blockbusters in a while.

I think what's going to save this film, and it's sort of there in the trailer for all to see, is that the film is self-aware of the absurdity of the characters, but respects them just the same. It's why Rocket as a realistic raccoon instead of a cartoon is the way to go. His very existence is what's so outlandish, but he himself needs to not be. BTW, I totally see pet raccoons spiking in popularity.

I loved that shot of Groot kind of bending over sideways in the line up room because he was so tall.

:hehe:

tumblr_n19141myWX1qddteyo1_500.gif

I think what's going to save this film, and it's sort of there in the trailer for all to see, is that the film is self-aware of the absurdity of the characters, but respects them just the same. It's why Rocket as a realistic raccoon instead of a cartoon is the way to go. His very existence is what's so outlandish, but he himself needs to not be. BTW, I totally see pet raccoons spiking in popularity.

Loved the "what the hell..." after his intro. I have a great feeling about this movie. I laughed at pretty much all of the gags.

Oh and anyone just a tad dissapointed with teh way the Novas look?

Oh and anyone just a tad dissapointed with teh way the Novas look?

I think it's too soon to tell, haven"t seen enough of them to judge, at least the costumes seem very faithful to the comics.

For what it's worth, #GuardiansoftheGalaxy is still trending on Twitter. HYPE! And every site's getting flooded with comments. Some negative, but I see a pretty large amount of positive ones.

It really just looks like Gunn-on-a-blockbuster-budget. So it's pretty much my new favorite thing ever. Until Winter Soldier comes out.

Pacific Rim got similar treatment. Hopefully for Marvel their branding attracts more GA interest post release. The comics seemingly had to add folks like Tony Stark regularly to do so(and that was just with fans no less). I have a feeling the next bit of marketing will sell more of the marvel continuity, perhaps by way of thanos or something.

I like the trailer, but this is looking to be Prim at the moment only with alot more self aware fun. Like poni no doubt said(given his nature), there is a fan boy/internet bubble and a GA bubble. For all faraci's ravings of something being a hit, youtube views and things like that give greater insight into GA awareness.

When I heard gun was making this I figured this would be Futurama. Glad I'm seeing some other things here as well.

I think it's too soon to tell, haven"t seen enough of them to judge, at least the costumes seem very faithful to the comics.

See I disagree, just with what little we have seen. You're right its too early but man I love the Novas and I just want them to look bad ass on screen and honestly they did not look good to me in that trailer.

Damn, now I don't know what I'm excited for more.

TASM 2 looks to be the most ambitious Spidey film to date, Winter Soldier looks solid as hell and this looks like it could be a breakout hit in every way.

I honestly don't know which I'm excited for the most.

Damn, now I don't know what I'm excited for more.

TASM 2 looks to be the most ambitious Spidey film to date, Winter Soldier looks solid as hell and this looks like it could be a breakout hit in every way.

I honestly don't know which I'm excited for the most.

The great thing is you don't have to choose a favorite yet and you can be equally excited for them all.

not too sure. Was anyone else a little underwhelmed by the trailer?

See a lot of DNA in this - Firefly, Futurama, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Fifth Element. Looks like so much fun. Kind of like a blend of scifi across the decades. Beautifully shot, excellent cast, seems like a good blend of humor and serious as has become the hallmark of these Marvel movies.

A lot of DNA, and a lot of DnA... :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"