Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shazam Registered

He does??? If he is, it's barely noticeable!

2. Bullseye1 Registered

This is pretty cool from Koto.
    [​IMG]

3. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

4. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

[​IMG]

5. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

Why would you want to hire an up and coming actor of Pratt's calibre and make him wear a mask almost the entire time?

I mean really, what's the point here?

6. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

While I'm sad they didn't end the trailer with some Rocket dialog, we did get our first look at Ronan, which was awesome.

This trailer. I like it. Another!

7. -JKR- Registered

And even then, why do people expect some characters to wear a mask ANYTIME? It doesn't make sense, when it's not Batman & similar. It's like, people expect characters to be in full gear even they're having some small talk on screen. Chill.

8. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Like 70% of the humor/emotion works in Star-Lord because of Pratt's facial expressions. It's a nice way to connect to the character, it's like going into Iron Man's HUD to get his reactions instead of staring at CG robots consistently. Not just some vanity thing as many people are ready to jump to.

Dredd was an exception because you really don't need to emotionally connect to Judge Dredd, like at all. So good on them for that, but the tempered use of the mask in this (and it does look completely awesome in the trailer) will be fine.

9. -JKR- Registered

:007 :applaud

10. Shazam Registered

Okay.....just went back to look at it again.......

The guys talking about the rap sheets of each team member....THOSE ARE THE NOVAS????

Even the old fat dude????????

Would it have been so terrible to make the costumes like the ones in the comics, as much as possible???

I understand what they did to an "earth-bound" hero like Hawkeye.....

But these are Spacemen....... it wouldn't look STUPID to have these guys in some type of gold metallic fabric (since yellow might look too cheesy ) and their blue.

And not one had a helmet on??? SMH.....

Not really looking forward to seeing these helmets......IF THEY EVEN HAVE HELMETS AT ALL. :facepalm:

11. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Yeah, I was hoping a Rocket line would punctuate the trailer with a little WTF tag to surprise people. Next time I guess.
    Indeed. Makes me think of when Iron Man just struts around in his full armor at meetings with other heroes who know his identity in the comics. Like aren't you wasting a ton of battery power, dude?

12. -JKR- Registered

They will have helmets. And it's not like these characters always have the same exact look in comics, either. Appearances change according to the artist's sensibilities. Think of the director as the artist, in this case James Gunn, and his vision of things. And open up to something called "adaptation," and to the simple concept that movies are not, nor do they have to be or can be, carbon copies of what's been drawn on paper.

13. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

If you're not sitting down, you may want to for this...
    [​IMG]

14. hitmanyr2k Resident Lurker

I don't know a damn thing about Guardians of the Galaxy but the trailer is a win for me. Looks like a fun ride.

15. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

16. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

He regularly goes without his helmet in the comics, and his comics personality is a bit of a Hans Solo/Mal Reynolds type: roguish, and more than a little morally ambiguous at points.

17. Saint Registered

Fantastic. This works on so many levels, but mainly it's great to see some wit and character brought to the sci fi genre, something recent films have sorely lacked.

It's great to see this trailer communicate so strongly that the attraction of this film is all about the characters. The action looks super exciting, but it's the commentary about the characters that really sells it.

It makes it look like Super Space Jerks: The Movie, which is exactly what I want.

18. Bullseye1 Registered

19. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

You can see a helmet in the pic I posted above...plus some of the set pics posted months ago showed Nova Corps members with the helmet on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Shazam Registered

Where did you get this? This is workable.....Not what I think it should have been......but...."sigh" smh

21. Shazam Registered

Will the Novas have powers or will they just be regular cops with no flight, no strength etc.......

That uniform doesn't look like its made for flying through space without a ship....

22. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

The Novas look like they do in DnA's GOTG, I don't see the problem here, how did you expect them to look in a live action movie?

23. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I imagine they'll just be space cops rather than super-powered beings here, though that's just speculation on my part.

24. -JKR- Registered

EXACTLY LAAIIIIIKKKKK THEY'RE DRAAAVVVNNN IN ZZHHEE COMICZZZZZZ!! GRRRRRGHHGSSIJ :cmad:

25. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

Only the higher ranking corps can do things like that.

The lower ranking guys, Corpsman, are pretty much mall cops compared to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.