Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travesty Registered

Wait....are you saying this looks realistic to you? :huh:

2. -JKR- Registered

A director should respect the CORE of the comic book lore right (ie. "what are these Guardians of the Galaxy up to," "what are the single characters up to?"); then, like an artist, he can put his own stamp on it. Keeping the foundations, but building onto that. Superman drawn by John Romita Jr. will not look the same as the one drawn by Curt Swan. It's just that comic book geeks will often go with whatever is brought to them in the form of comics, but those "big, bad Hollywood guys just wanna destroy everything."

Let's open up a bit, shall we? ;) Because we're talking about MOVIES here. And MOVIES are directed by DIRECTORS. Directors (and writers, etc.) are what have made movies great in the last years, and a bunch of superheroes suddenly turing up on the big screen won't change that. When these comic flicks turn out to be great, it's not because they just shoved your fanboy wet dreams in front of a camera, it's because there's a director's vision behind the transition from comic books to big screen. But eh, I guess I'm in the wrong place...

3. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

Man I was gonna try and catch up on this thread but no way am I going to go through 34 pages haha. The trailer looked awesome, watched it a few times now. They had a really good breakdown of it over at io9 today. Very excited for this movie

4. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

[​IMG]

5. Whiskey Tango Registered

Nova Corps aren't wearing spandex so Marvel has clearly buckled under the demand for realism.

On top of that they probably stole the idea from Chris Nolan. :o

It cannot be understood by anyone borne of this universe.

6. RickCoronel Registered

Also in that totalfilm link:

7. craigdbfan Registered

Just brought up Glenn Close in the last page. I expect her character to be pretty awesome.

8. -JKR- Registered

You can pretty much tell when they do and when they don't. The last Thor film wasn't so lucky. Iron Man 3, FORTUNATELY, was!

9. Chewy REDACTED

Interesting that Gunn refers to it as the "full trailer"

Almost like he and Marvel view this current one as a... teaser trailer

10. Astro13Zombie Registered

:funny:

11. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

It's more like an introduction-trailer.

12. -JKR- Registered

It kind of is a teaser trailer. It was even posted as "Teaser trailer" on the Marvel's offical Italian Youtube channel.

13. Zarex Registered

If you equate putting superhero elements into existing genres and targeting them towards a broad age range a "half assed" effort, then they probably will never be a good match for your taste in films.

14. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

http://io9.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-that-guardians-of-the-1525743960

That's the link to the io9 breakdown. It's got screen grabs from the trailer and a really good breakdown of the characters and some of their history for anyone that needs a general introduction to the characters. Not that anyone here would need it but if you have a friend or family member asking about it tell them to check out that article

15. Chewy REDACTED

I know, I was saying that it was a teaser last night. But some other people were arguing that it couldn't possibly be a teaser because it's 2 and a half minutes long

16. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

And whenever they do, everyone just spouts - "Obviously they're gonna praise the people writing their paychecks!" As if an employee's accord is only true when they're negative, like the oh-so-known-to-work-well-with actors Terrence Howard and Mickey Rourke. :o

Totes. :up:

Really makes me wonder what Jenkins and Kirk had up their sleeves when they were initially hired. May have been terrible for all we know, but must've been pretty interesting.

Wonder when "couple months" actually is - with CA:TWS would be pretty sweet is all... :woot:

[​IMG]

17. sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

This'll be a long couple months waiting for that, haha

18. -JKR- Registered

Nah, that's not the point. See, it's not like Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" movies AREN'T targeted towards a broad age range, yet I love them (the first two). And with those movies it's probably the other way around, to me it feels more like they put some very shy hints from other genres into that kind of cookie-cutter, prepackaged 'superhero/comic book movie' format, and called it a day. "Hey, take the standard superhero origin script out, and rewrite so one is set in WWII, and the other one is set on Asgard."

19. Lord All Mighty

You mean Shaun of the dead? The film does seem to have a similar type of homor

20. Chewy REDACTED

From that totalfilm thing

[​IMG]

Awwww

21. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

Preaching to the choir brother !

22. Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

Mind. Blown.

:exp:

23. Whiskey Tango Registered

really impressed with his look. Love that shot too. he's all "oh hai there"

24. kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

[​IMG]

25. Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

Ohhhhhh... Michael Rooker! Is it wrong for me to hope he keeps his "country" accent as Yondu? Because that would get many knickers in a twist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.