Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So awesome.

tumblr_n18rmzwYDv1qzub73o2_500.gif

As my boy, Amir Blumenfeld, would say..."Oh sheesh, ya'll, 'Twas a dream!"

What are Groot's powers exactly? It looks like he's about to unleash energy or something there.

Got this from marvel wiki.

Organic matter absorption: Groot can absorb wood as food, with the ability to rebuild himself and enhance his strength. He can control trees, using them to attack others, and also appears to be resistant to fire. He is able to sprout, massively increasing his mass but also severely inhibiting his movement.

Strength: Groot's tree like form provides him great strength limited only by the amount of wood he is able to absorb.

Durability: Groot's hide is composed of wood dense enough and durable enough to make him immune to most conventional weapons, including gunfire and fire which would consume most woods.

Chlorokinesis: Groot can animate and command trees and plants, capable of even ordering a whole forest to uproot itself as an improvised army.

Cellular regeneration: Groot has been seemingly killed on three occasions, each time regrowing from a sprig.

Genius Intellect: Due to Groot's lineage, coming from an ancient and ennobled sap-line and being the scion of an elite royal house, Groot has received the finest education from the most gifted of tutors. He is highly intelligent and has a tremendous grasp of quasi-dimensional super-positional engineering.

Nebula looks sadistic. Just absolutely terrifying. Like she lives for death.

vlcsnap-2014-02-19-09h22m42s160-600x250.png

I would love to touch her head and see what it feels like. Lol.

This looks like so much fun can't wait to see this Chris Pratt looks great in the movie

Could this Groot fight be going on in another area of the same temple that Peter is in? Looks like he's throwing a Sakaaran soldier too.

vlcsnap-2014-02-19-09h24m24s184-600x250.png

vlcsnap-2014-02-19-09h09m58s182-600x250.png

vlcsnap-2014-02-19-09h10m53s255-600x250.png

Read the synopsis.....Ronan is a villain seeking to destroy the universe now??

Not a Kree Accuser??

I'm guessing that you haven't been following the production that closely, but it seems like they're drawing more from Ultimate Ronan than Kree Accuser from the 616 universe.

But you never know, we may end up getting some type of mash-up of the two versions.

Nebula looks sadistic. Just absolutely terrifying. Like she lives for death.

vlcsnap-2014-02-19-09h22m42s160-600x250.png
What is she doing to that guy? It looks like she's sticking something into his neck. Also, that looks like a Nova Corps Centurion.

This probably won't happen, but given Gunn's previous movies and the fact that this trailer already had stuff like the sex crimes, Gamora/Drax's murder history, Nebula seemingly stabbing that guard in the neck (at least that's what it looks like to me) and more sprinkled throughout the trailer, do you guys think we may get an R-rated Director's Cut for the Blu-Ray?

This probably won't happen, but given Gunn's previous movies and the fact that this trailer already had stuff like the sex crimes, Gamora/Drax's murder history, Nebula seemingly stabbing that guard in the neck (at least that's what it looks like to me) and more sprinkled throughout the trailer, do you guys think we may get an R-rated Director's Cut for the Blu-Ray?

I doubt we'll get an R rated cut, but I fully expect Gunn to make this film as twisted as he can within the PG-13 limit

What is she doing to that guy? It looks like she's sticking something into his neck. Also, that looks like a Nova Corps Centurion.

They're her weapons, but I don't know what they are. I think she's just holding it to his neck, hasn't stabbed him yet. Looks like she'll go for the kill...

tumblr_n189xu9af81qaho1po1_250.gif

I've never heard of the guardians of the galaxy before this so maybe it's because of that but this trailer was kind of dumb, some of the 'humor' seemed awkward. Not a whole lot stood out to me. The trailer won't keep me from watching the movie, but if other trailers don't get better ill probably just wait till it gets to redbox

Uh Redbox? Yeah, this movie may not be for you.

I'd say Nova Corps for sure but how do you know he's a Centurion?

OH OH OH, is that Brian Tyler's score on the website that we've heard in the trailer as well? If so, it sounds incredible.
It's Tyler Bates, not Brian Tyler, who is doing the score for GOTG.

Groot kind of has an intelectual look to him

Looks like Rocket is wearing the same jumpsuit as the (what i assume are) prisoners/inmates in that scene. So Groot must be breaking his little buddy out of the slammer, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"