Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH i didn't really like Thanos Imperative. I don't think DnA fully grasp Thanos like Starlin and Giffen. Giffen's Thanos series leading up to Annihilation is up there with Starlin's original work.

Also Giffen's Silver Surfer Annihilation mini series was outstanding. Thanos was great in it. And the Surfer was bad ash.

I feel like a lot of writers didn't have the same vision for Thanos that Starlin had. Which was this incredibly smart villain, who is uber beyond every hero in every department. He had a certain personality, a certain feel to his dialogue which I found lacking in Infinity. It didn't seem like Thanos. As badass as him taking on Thor easily, the whole "Do it again" "Is that all, or do you have something more?" That just never screamed Thanos to me

I think it would be cool for Rocket to get a little time with Thanos. Same goes for Hulk and Thanos, Iron Man and Thanos, Drax and Thanos, Star-Lord and Thanos, etc. Having all of these personalities interact with the biggest baddie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and in the comics is a must in my opinion. Of course you need someone to play Thanos who can hold their own with these personalities. Bradley Cooper, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Pratt, etc. need a counter in that respect. Not sure who could do it, but I hope they get that sort of actor.

Yeah. Thanos should be a personality in his own right in these movies

I just read the comic panel .... and I cringed. No thanks.

:up:

Like Hannibal Lecter (not saying theyre the same) Thanos' only weakness, the only reason he has any disadvantage at all, is the fact that hes bat**** insane. His obsession with Death is the most obvious symptom of this. Otherwise he would be virtually unstoppable.

Anyone have any good recommendations for GOTG comics to read before the movie? I need to familiarise myself better and I feel like i'm cheating with Wikis, etc

Also, while it's no match for the Abnett/Lanning run and it has been sucked into an endless array of back-to-back event tie-ins and crossovers since around issue #5, Bendis' current Guardians of the Galaxy has its moments, particularly in the issues contained in the first volume. Not a fan of the costume updates, though, save for Gamora.

Also, while it's no match for the Abnett/Lanning run and it has been sucked into an endless array of back-to-back event tie-ins and crossovers since around issue #5, Bendis' current Guardians of the Galaxy has its moments, particularly in the issues contained in the first volume. Not a fan of the costume updates, though, save for Gamora.

I hope this movie doesn't start with an opening exposition. That seems lazy to me. I'd rather it start out in the 80s with Quill getting taken and we just get sucked into the story and go along for the ride.

They need to explain the Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity Stones at some point.

I've never really read anything with Thanos, is there anything you'd recommend?

I was reading the current GOTG but ended up dropping it from my pull. Wasn't a fan of the art change.

Obvious but if you haven't read Infinity Gauntlet, get on that.

I'll echo the recommendation of The Infinity Gauntlet. As far as big crossover events go, it gets my vote as the best Marvel or DC has ever done.

IMO Thanos was at his best post-IG, where his power and brilliance were more effectively utilized while as a wild card playing all sides of the cosmos to serve his own interests. I was never a fan of his overlord phase.

The Infinity trilogy, consisting of Gauntlet, War, and Crusade. The Thanos Quest is a prequel telling how Thanos acquired the power he would have in Gauntlet.

Cosmic Powers mini - Bored with the challenges he has faced so far, Thanos recruits a force in order to go up against what he feels is a worthy opponent, Tyrant

Blood and Thunder - Thanos's aid is sought by Warlock and his crew in subduing a mad Thor augmented by the Power Gem, eventually drawing the Titan into a conflict with Odin.

Captain and Marvel v3 17-18 - Thanos recruits Captain Marvel and Thor to help protect Death from the death god Walker.

IMO Thanos was at his best post-IG, where his power and brilliance were more effectively utilized while as a wild card playing all sides of the cosmos to serve his own interests. I was never a fan of his overlord phase.

The Infinity trilogy, consisting of Gauntlet, War, and Crusade. The Thanos Quest is a prequel telling how Thanos acquired the power he would have in Gauntlet.

Cosmic Powers mini - Bored with the challenges he has faced so far, Thanos recruits a force in order to go up against what he feels is a worthy opponent, Tyrant

Blood and Thunder - Thanos's aid is sought by Warlock and his crew in subduing a mad Thor augmented by the Power Gem, eventually drawing the Titan into a conflict with Odin.

Captain and Marvel v3 17-18 - Thanos recruits Captain Marvel and Thor to help protect Death from the death god Walker.

Ah yes forgot Thanos quest. OriginalMiles grab the Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos graphic novel. It includes the Thanos Quest. And plus SS is awesome. Read it before Infinity Gauntlet.

great photo of nebula a few pages ago.. now where is that thanos photo gunn??:cmad:

Why would he even fight Thanos? He could just arrest him.

SOYSuQ5.png

And he would of got away with too if it wasn't for those meddling guardians :argh::cwink:

not GotG news BUT space news. Chloe Bennet confirms that the Blue Alien on SHIELD was KREE

Didn't the dude in the test tube look like he'd be gigantic compared to Coulson, had he had a lower half?
Magnifying effect of the containment unit?

i think kree can be 7 ft in height.. the light refraction from the containment unit also played an effect

So, Guardians of the Galaxy has its work cut out for it if it's going to top Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I don't know how likely that is, but I'm kinda rooting for it to somehow pull it off.

So, Guardians of the Galaxy has its work cut out for it if it's going to top Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I don't know how likely that is, but I'm kinda rooting for it to somehow pull it off.

it's different, it's unique...it can't be compared to other marvel movies

Ah yes forgot Thanos quest. OriginalMiles grab the Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos graphic novel. It includes the Thanos Quest. And plus SS is awesome. Read it before Infinity Gauntlet.

Okay, will do! :)

I am really looking forward to this film. I like to compare it to Iron Man: A more or less unheard of property (To the GA) that could do well or fail.

I am all for it! :D

That bottom one of Star-Lord could be a world-shaking first... a mass-produced store superhero movie costume that's actually GOOD!

Marvel has released preview pages of their upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude #1 comic, to be released next Wednesday, April 2nd. It is the first of two issues, which take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and are a prelude to the upcoming Guardians film.

The issues are also written by GOTG legends, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. These preview pages give us a better idea of Nebula and Gamora's relationship in the film. We also get a little bit of dialogue from Thanos, although he is not shown. It is also revealed how Nebula lost her left arm.

Pre1.png

Pre2.png

Pre3.png

Pre4.png

Pre5.png

That will be the first MCU tie-in comic I ever check out.

I don't get why they didn't have Brubaker write a Cap 2 tie-in comic.

That will be the first MCU tie-in comic I ever check out.

I don't get why they didn't have Brubaker write a Cap 2 tie-in comic.
There's a tie-in by the Storyboard artist on WS. I've only seen one issue so far tho

When do you think the Guardians promotions will really start to ramp up?

The Winter Soldier will be out in the US soon enough so do you think we'll be getting more and more info in the 1st half of April or will it be May or June when the excitement really builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"