Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Hmm??? Honestly I don't know what to think after seeing that new trailer, and I kinda like that up-in-the-air-ishness of that. It's certainly unique, that much I'm certain of.

2. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I love the smell of new trailers in the morning!

3. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

I just watched the trailer and I LOVE IT! Saw they showed Knowhere and that just excites the bejezees out of me. :D This is going to be the big push into the cosmic MCU and they're doing a fantastic job. They're showing all the big players in the comics like Ronan, Nebula and some of the high cosmic mucky mucks like the Collector. This is gonna be awesome!

4. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Is it a crime that he/she doesn't like the character of Star-Lord based on the trailers?

No, I didn't think so. Stop acting as if you're intellectually superior because of a Marvel trailer.

5. The Endless WE are Groot

It's kinda strange. The first tease of his voice we got "This is our booty!" sounded like Cooper's normal voice but dialled up a bit.

In this trailer it really doesn't sound like him to me.

6. Doppelganger Registered

So, the names of the songs used in the Trailer (besides hooked on a feeling)? Anyone? Pretty Pleaaaase?

7. ctsketch Registered

I dig rocket's voice

8. 747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love Cooper's Rocket too. Everyone of his lines in the trailer puts a big smile on my face.
    And personally I don't get Cooper in my head when hearing Rocket. Sure, it's not a totally different voice, but the striking and compelling delivery together with the personality and dialogue of Rocket makes it become the character to me.

At least from what we have seen/heard so far.

9. SuperBatman Registered

The Other song was Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum

10. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

To be honest I didn't believe it was actually Cooper's voice
    not that he was doing anything too significant to change his voice, it just sounds like someone else, idk

no need to be sarcastic and troll-y
    That CG kids movie you're referring to needed its humor to connect to audiences
    well, so does this CG-filled comic movie

11. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

Yeah, the fact they have a cast roll-call was a surprise for me. I don't think they've done that in any MCU trailer, not even Avengers. When I read the leaked trailer report, the bit where they talked about their being a roll-call is what made me question if it was legit. But that ended up being a great moment. Loved the slow-mo shot of the various members coming together, building up to the final shot of them walking through the hallway.

12. Curmudgeon Killjoy

This movie is going to be a real treat for the eye. I love the vibe the trailer gave me. Now the hard part for me will be avoiding anymore footage.

13. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

The only completely negative comment I've seen online so far is from some old dude on Variety's facebook post about this saying "This is why I only read books now, no movies made about or for real people." Who was it made for then? :funny:

14. TeeKay Registered

:hubba I love you.:woot:

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Wow, loved that trailer! All of the characters worked for me in that. Rocket's voice was fine too.

16. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I think it was just for branding purposes. Avengers already had loads of known actors and heroes so it didn't really need it, but Guardians sure as **** does. Audiences seeing names like Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel will get them excited.

17. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Yeah, it's a first and I'm pretty sure it was solely to get out Diesel's and Cooper's names (and maybe Saldana's since she's not so recognizable otherwise); but it was really effective.

18. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Guys let's respect all opinions here. We have some newbies here who have been drawn into the discussion by the awesomeness of the new trailer. Let's make a good impression. Besides its only the trailer and many folks' misgivings could be alleviated when they see the finished film. Outside of obvious trolling , concerns and nitpicks shouldn't be out of bounds.

The MCU threads set the standard for the entire board IMO. Let's keep it that way.

19. 747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I want the crotch Rocket one. But I don't feel deserving. :o

20. LEVITIKUZ Registered

Maybe it's because the past couple days I've seen Wedding Crashers, Hangover, and Hangover 3 that Cooper's voice is fresh in my head.

21. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

It makes sense here. They're paying for the name value of Cooper and Deisel and the only way to get across that they are in this film from the trailer is to name drop - and of course they can't do that and leave out Pratt and Saldana.

22. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

Yeah especially with Pratt Saldana and Bautista as the leads
    Marvel wanted to be damn sure everyone knew Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel were in there too

23. PacificBoy Registered

Yeah, a bit of name-dropping by way of roll call.

24. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

It's also quite ballsy when you have an all-star ensemble including Benecio Del Toro, Glenn Close and John C. Reilly, but you leave them out of the roll-call and say, "No, these 5, our core team, these are our stars." Puts a real show of faith in their ability to carry this film.

25. Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

Re. the Han Solo comparisons. Yeah, I kind of get that Quill might see himself as Solo, LOL! Which kind of makes it funnier.

That said, I've never thought Han was all that mature anyway, no matter how much charm and swagger Harrison Ford infused into him. He picked fights with Luke all throughout ANH, and he pulled on Leia's pigtails in the movies. Han could be a huge jackass. I think that's the route they're going for with Quill.

Still though, Ford as Solo was my first crush ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.