Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]476717[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]474121[/split]

3. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

4. Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

I AM GROOT!

(also… Groot is cute! I am so conflicted about how the trailer is making me feel toward a sentient tree.)

5. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

6. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

One of the things about Guardians of the Galaxy I'm most looking forward to, that the trailers haven't hinted at yet.... yes, James Gunn's films are full of craziness and witty humor, but they also have heart, and underneath the crass exterior they can pack a real emotional punch. The arc of Michael Rooker's character in Slither is surprisingly moving, and I was surprised to find myself nearly choking back tears at the ending of Super. I'm expecting Guardians of the Galaxy to bring the feels, and for that to catch a lot of folks by surprise.

7. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

I love that Peter has a troll doll and a picture of ALF among a few other things next to his cassette player.

8. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

KNOWHERE! Yay!

9. slumcat Registered

Have thus just released the trailer in 720p in youtube quality?

Are there no better versions?

10. Ultron-5 Registered

Does anyone know what that black thing on Ronans face is?

11. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

12. Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Speaking of which, where's Yondu at? I thought we were going to see him in this trailer.

13. slumcat Registered

14. Ultron-5 Registered

This movie looks awesome... hopefully it delivers.

15. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, that pretty much narrows the abduction down to the very late 80s, say 1987-1990. Still wondering why an 80s kid would be so big on 60s-70s "dad rock" songs, though....I like the suggestion posted before that maybe it's Quill's *mom's* mixtape, and it's not just a touchstone to Earth for him, but a touchstone to *her* memory.

16. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

You didn't specify. :cwink:

And that's slightly better than youtube quality.

17. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

Yeah I think Gunn said that it's his only connection left to his mother so that seems very likely. :up:

18. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

That would also explain why he's so fiercely protective of it. He *really* doesn't like it when people mess with his Walkman, so that's all the more special that he lets Gamora wear the headphones. :fhm:

19. marcvader Lurker #1

Kids at a very young age listen to what their parents listen too. You don't start venturing out till early teens I'd say.

20. ctsketch Registered

"This might not be the best idea"

21. seahammer Asgardian

Just watched the new trailer. Awesome.

Loved hearing more from Rocket, and hearing Groot. I loved the "roll call" of the team, which is pretty parallel to Stark's rundown of Avengers when talking to Loki. I loved the look at Knowhere--totally rad, I can't wait to learn more about that celestial head! Great second trailer, all around.

22. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Some of the folks at Sony will probably appreciate that nostalgic allusion to the Good Old Days. A nice break from the constant terror panic and dread.

23. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Agreed, which probably narrows "Young Quill" down to a pre-teen or younger when Yondu nabs him.

I hadn't checked the IMDB cast list in awhile, and there's a couple of interesting entries there:

*Meila Kreiling plays "Bereet," who is a minor alien character in Hulk and FF comics. Dunno if that'll translate directly to the screen or not; to me, that looks like her as a Nova Corpsman standing behind JCR in the "this might not be the best idea" scene.

*Robert Firth, an English-American, plays a "Dr. Fitz." That's a very human name for this film, so I'm guessing his (presumably short) role would be with Young Quill in the 80s. Could this be the dad of SHIELD Agent Leo Fitz....?

24. Figs Registered

I really need to read up more on the Celestials. Growing up reading comics I didn't quite get into all the galactic stories. All I knew of the Celestials was from the Marvel comic card sets I collected when I was a kid. From what I can remember about them, I'm shocked that one got owned like that. Aren't they some of the most powerfull beings(if not the most)in all of Marvel comics?

25. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Definitely more interested in this film after seeing the 2nd trailer. Have to say Marvel is killing it with GotG's trailer music. First, "Hooked on a Feeling," and now "Spirit in the Sky." Loved that we get to finally hear Groot and more from Rocket. Also, like that they've still yet to spoil much, if any, of the plot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.