Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Thain (plain, rain) - os
2) Than (plan, ran) - os
3) Thahn (John, Khan) -os

I've always read it as #1.

#2 sounds weird and I reject it.

Not seen too many suggest #3 but it works.

I've always been #2.

I can't wait to see GOTG regardless, but people that have seen the film really are advertising the "Good but not great" reaction :(

I can't wait to see GOTG regardless, but people that have seen the film really are advertising the "Good but not great" reaction :(

Really? I've only seen two early reviews, both of which specifically used the word "GREAT." One review said, "It's not perfect" - what film is? - and another said, "It's hardly a serious, dramatic Oscar contender" - were we expecting it to be? - but these were mainly qualifying statements in what were on the whole gushingly positive reviews.

Are you telling me you've seen this thing? Genuinely and truly?

Who is we? Where did you see it? How did you see it? When did you see it? What colour underwear am i wearing?

we dont bullcrap man. also josh brolins voice is dubbed out. very theatrical and drawn out lines. its what i think thanos would sound like.

How would you grade the movie? scale of 1-10

dallas tx, friday, private unnamed screening, and your underwear colour is grey.

This is the truth!

Do we see a display of Thanos' power? Nothing specific. But i just want to know if this film shows why people are fearful of Thanos. Thanks.

Man I'm not sure how I get more excited every time somebody sees it and loves but somehow I do!

So we can expect tweets from others who saw it with you I take it?

Thanos recks it in the movie. i thought his scene would have been longer...but still good. one thing i can say is that they got his size and look SPOT ON :wow:

How different is Thanos (pron. #2 :argh:) to his appearance in Avengers?

Someone should do one of those countdown threads with the covers from the comics. I like those

EDIT: Sounds cool dude, looking forward to seeing that all play out

I assume Marvel have left the credits-scenes out of these showings, right?

Last edited:
this is as spot on as i could find. [BLACKOUT]the armor is more of a bland gold and his eyes are a dark purple. the scene when he gets mad u can see sort of a cosmic smoke coming from his eyes. marvel nailed his look and size, there are only 2 scenes. one with ronan and nebula(poor nebula) AND another where he tricks the collector into giving him the stone from the post credit scene of thor 2. you see lady death for maybe 2 secs and he tells her he wants to spend an eternity with her. (this fool is cazy) from his dialogue u can tell he is VERY cunning, sinister, and evil. his plan to win over death shows how evilhearted and cruel he is. the whole movie is one master trap from thanos. lol my wife could not stop talking about how scary his smile was. he does have the glove but did not put to 2 stones[/BLACKOUT]he collected in it.
14928798_Yft5a

Cheers... So close now, can't bloody wait for this one!

this is as spot on as i could find. [BLACKOUT]the armor is more of a bland gold and his eyes are a dark purple. the scene when he gets mad u can see sort of a cosmic smoke coming from his eyes. marvel nailed his look and size, there are only 2 scenes. one with ronan and nebula(poor nebula) AND another where he tricks the collector into giving him the stone from the post credit scene of thor 2. you see lady death for maybe 2 secs and he tells her he wants to spend an eternity with her. (this fool is cazy) from his dialogue u can tell he is VERY cunning, sinister, and evil. his plan to win over death shows how evilhearted and cruel he is. the whole movie is one master trap from thanos. lol my wife could not stop talking about how scary his smile was. he does have the glove but did not put to 2 stones[/BLACKOUT]he collected in it.
14928798_Yft5a

The scene with Nebula I didn't find it as scary as I wanted it to be though. You definately felt his presence there but I wish they had done more to show that this guy is not someone you'd want to be messing around with.

Damnit, I wish you guys had signed non-disclosure agreements! :oldrazz:

This is like the only place I can talk about my most anticipated movie event of the summer... and even at that it feels like I'm starved of chat fodder at times. Please don't force me to have to avoid even this one GOTG chat haven for fear of spoilers. :csad:

Come on, man, that was literally the first post after I wrote about worrying about spoilers going forward!

Last edited:
I for one love spoilers and eat them up but I can understand those that want to go in and have it all be brand spanking new. Spoiler tags are needed folks

Come on, man, that was literally the first post after I wrote about worrying about spoilers going forward!
There is no actual spoilers in my post. Unless of course you read the spoilers. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"