Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Rocket, amazing stuff. As expected, Rocket doesn't sound anything like Bradley, and it sounds just great.

I liked the audio cues of Iron Man's repulsor, Cap's shield, and Thor's hammer in the beginning. Those sounds are so familiar now that they work as some type of Pavlovian conditioning to get the audience into "MCU mode" before watching the trailer =)

I liked the audio cues of Iron Man's repulsor, Cap's shield, and Thor's hammer in the beginning. Those sounds are so familiar now that they work as some type of Pavlovian conditioning to get the audience into "MCU mode" before watching the trailer =)

I thought that was a really cool touch adding in those sound effects.

Just be careful NOT to post links to any Bootleg, not that these are, but just be aware of what you're posting links too
****** Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credit Scene? Exclusive Details

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/richard-rider-nova-guardians-galaxy-post-credit-scene-exclusive-details

Didn't someone report the credits scene in Iron Man 3 was going to be Star-Lord?

Yup, here we go:

http://www.**************.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=75048

God Rocket, amazing stuff. As expected, Rocket doesn't sound anything like Bradley, and it sounds just great.
It sounds like Bradley. Reminds me a lot of his Wedding, Crashers, SLP and A-Team work.

I thought that was a really cool touch adding in those sound effects.

Agreed - I really think that Marvel has done an excellent job with sound in general. It's the little details like a nuanced sound that make the difference in a film for me - I'm hoping for some cool new wrinkles with Guardians.

Probably Star Lord's helmet? Maybe a signature sound for Thanos?

I just can't wait to see Thanos in all his evil glory! Going to be so epic

Agreed - I really think that Marvel has done an excellent job with sound in general. It's the little details like a nuanced sound that make the difference in a film for me - I'm hoping for some cool new wrinkles with Guardians.

Probably Star Lord's helmet? Maybe a signature sound for Thanos?
The sound of the Milano's engines or Star-Lord's blasters. Though I could see them just using the drums from their version of "Hooked on a Feeling".

Not sure if anyone noticed yet, but at the end of the trailer Quill has the Orb in his hand.

ATLFtF3.gif
ZRAcNhv.gif
O5FMcCE.gif

FUyupIJ.gif
bnx087n.gif
LMdPAmi.gif

4sJDvJs.gif
8SNvbMN.gif
9jbGW6L.gif

REALLY is there a 1080 for this UK trailer or not yet?

The new trailer finally has me hooked. I didn't care for the first couple of ones.

Yea i'd say there is more chance of Warlock being in the credit scenes.

Richie Ryder, if he was to be mentioned or referenced, would make more sense in the main film itself. Maybe whilst on Xandar they'd come across a rookie Nova Centurion from Earth. But seeing as Close and Reilly's characters also seem to be humans, it takes away a bit of that uniqueness from Ryder straight away.

I'm kinda hoping Close and Reilly's characters, while looking human, are actually humans from another planet, i.e not from earth, so they would still be aliens to us at least.

At least then Rider/Nova would be only the 2nd earthling to enter cosmic Marvel when he is introduced as Nova at some point.

Also, saw some screen-caps from the trailer, TOTALLY missed Knowhere, it looks freaking amazing!

I'm kinda hoping Close and Reilly's characters, while looking human, are actually humans from another planet, i.e not from earth, so they would still be aliens to us at least.

What if they were Earth humans who were sent to colonize a faraway planet sometime in our distant past? Another branch of humanity that developed on a different world. I'd be willing to bet that Gunn explores just such an angle for Xandar in this movie.

At least then Rider/Nova would be only the 2nd earthling to enter cosmic Marvel when he is introduced as Nova at some point.

Also, saw some screen-caps from the trailer, TOTALLY missed Knowhere, it looks freaking amazing!

What if they were Earth humans who were sent to colonize a faraway planet sometime in our distant past? Another branch of humanity that developed on a different world. I'd be willing to bet that Gunn explores just such an angle for Xandar in this movie.

Well I'm hoping we are just putting too much emphasis on this right now. Some Xandarians in the comics have looked human like, almost all are humanoid but hopefully the human looking people in the movie are few and far between since the Nova Corps is an inter-galactic fighting force and Gunn just doesn't want to give away all the cool money shots of the aliens before the movie comes out

Hmmm yea maybe Xandarians are like Kryptonians. But i'd be a little disappointed if all the Nova Corps are humanoids.

Interesting thoughts but that would mean humans were capable of space in the distant past, dont think Gunn would go that far into things, but you never know.

Well I'm hoping we are just putting too much emphasis on this right now. Some Xandarians in the comics have looked human like, almost all are humanoid but hopefully the human looking people in the movie are few and far between since the Nova Corps is an inter-galactic fighting force and Gunn just doesn't want to give away all the cool money shots of the aliens before the movie comes out

Well, we will have to see, I'm betting they will be humans from another planet than Earth though.

Those skulls on Drax's back could be Celestials. It'd be cool if his tattoos are like a cosmic tapestry. Hieroglyphs, if you will.

Based on the clips I don't think it sounds exactly like Coopers natural voice. But he's not doing a "voice" either. He's just in character.

Yea it sounds like Cooper... kinda. It's like he is dialing himself up to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"