Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really solid third trailer. Maybe a fourth to showcase the villains a bit more and we'll have a good set of trailers.

Love how Pratt's Quill is coming off as the mature one in the exchanges between him and Rocket!

Just be careful NOT to post links to any Bootleg, not that these are, but just be aware of what you're posting links too
I wasn't posting a bootleg. It was a link to a fake Iron Man 3 rumor.

I love the bartering between Quills and Rocket.

Those skulls on Drax's back could be Celestials. It'd be cool if his tattoos are like a cosmic tapestry. Hieroglyphs, if you will.

That could be an interesting to his comic book origin of being resurrected by Kronos, maybe even a hint at the same origin for the movies, as I dont think they go into his origins much in this movie.

Maybe something to explore in the future?

Interesting thoughts but that would mean humans were capable of space in the distant past, dont think Gunn would go that far into things, but you never know.

Well, we will have to see, I'm betting they will be humans from another planet than Earth though.

I'm not suggesting that humans developed space travel on their own in the past; but rather that some aliens recruited/enslaved them and took them to the far ends of the galaxy, where a separate branch of humanity would then evolve with access to a much higher tech level.

It's just sci-fi spec, but it *could* make it easier for the writers to explain characters like Nova and Ms. Marvel without trying to fit yet another increasingly redundant alien contact story into the MCU beyond Quill's. In other words, you could pretty much keep the origin stories of Nova and Ms. Marvel intact, but make them Xandarian instead of Terran.

I don't know if I buy the scoop about the post-credits character being Richie.

I've noticed in general there seems to be a pattern with Marvel regarding which properties get pushed in the media. I was telling people for months Ant-Man: The Movie was gonna be about Scott Lang because Marvel had been aggressively pushing Lang in the comics (even making him the lead of the Fantastic Four spin-off) while having Hank Pym drop the name just go by a civilian moniker. People called me crazy but sure enough, it was confirmed the movie is about Scott Lang, not Hank.

Marvel has been very heavily pushing the new Nova in recent years so I can't really see them heavily promoting the new kid and then turning around and making a movie about his dead predecessor who they've been trying to get everyone to forget about for the past 3 years or so.

I'm not suggesting that humans developed space travel on their own in the past; but rather that some aliens recruited/enslaved them and took them to the far ends of the galaxy, where a separate branch of humanity would then evolve with access to a much higher tech level.

That reminds me of how the Goa'uld spread humans throughout the galaxy in SG-1.

Interesting thoughts but that would mean humans were capable of space in the distant past, dont think Gunn would go that far into things, but you never know.

Doesn't mean "we" developed spaceflight. Primitive humans could have been transported across space by aliens (ala Stargate) or they could have simply taken DNA specimens or embryos or whatever and recreated us elsewhere. The Celestials and later the Kree did lots of genetic experimenting on us in the comics.

Or they could be the descendants of far future us who time traveled back and settled other worlds.

Or they could be *head asplodes*

Teaser for the teaser preview countdown until the real countdown!

previewception :p

Latino Review is claiming
Nathan Fillion is playing Nova in the after credits scene

Hold on to your butts.

Hold on to your butts.
I REALLY hope this happens to be true , if it does , I'm sure that Fillion would nail it :cwink:

Hold on to your butts.

THAT is much more believable!

Given his age there's no way they're gonna have him as a lead in a Nova movie. This could be their way of setting him up as either a mentor or a passing the torch scenario

callin bulls*** on this one
although I could see Marvel going the route of having him be Rider while Sam Alexander is the main protagonist in a Nova film... they clearly love Sam too much these days to make Rider the main guy

Hope not. They better use Rider as the lead this early.

Thankfully I'm dubious about the legitimacy of that scoop, but please guys, if somebody posts something in spoiler tags in future, can you also reply to it using spoiler tags?

It's not as simple as people who don't want spoiled just not using this thread. This isn't like Batman or whatever. Good Guardians of the Galaxy chat is hard to come by, to the point where this thread is pretty much the only place on the internet I can go for consistent conversation about the film I'm most looking forward to this summer. I don't want to be driven out and left with nowhere to talk the film, or to stay here and end up getting the film spoiled for me.

Is there any way we could even create a new thread for spoilers and leaked plot details, so people can talk about those as much as they want without it impeding on general discussion of the film? Otherwise, I can try to do more to make the other threads - e.g. the individual character threads - more active while keeping them non-spoilery, if others are willing to help.

It's just sci-fi spec, but it *could* make it easier for the writers to explain characters like Nova and Ms. Marvel without trying to fit yet another increasingly redundant alien contact story into the MCU beyond Quill's. In other words, you could pretty much keep the origin stories of Nova and Ms. Marvel intact, but make them Xandarian instead of Terran.

Doesn't mean "we" developed spaceflight. Primitive humans could have been transported across space by aliens (ala Stargate) or they could have simply taken DNA specimens or embryos or whatever and recreated us elsewhere. The Celestials and later the Kree did lots of genetic experimenting on us in the comics.

Or they could be the descendants of far future us who time traveled back and settled other worlds.

Or they could be *head asplodes*

Ah yeah of course, you are both right, dont know why I didnt think of that. The Kree experimenting on humans is something I hope gets hinted at in the movie, as it would pave the way for The Inhumans as well whenever they get a movie, which I hope is in phase 3.

Speaking of The Inhumans, I hope at some point they make them leave Earth and go into space, War Of Kings was such an awesome storyline I would love to see adapted some day. And of course, the GOTG were heavily involved, so they could tie both sets of characters together as well.

Hold on to your butts.

While I am a huge Firefly and Serenity fan, and as an extension of that a huge Fillion fan, I cant see this being true and I dont want it to be either.

Fillion would be great for a seasoned, older Richie, the one we got after the Annihilation War ended, but not for the 1st appearance of the character. I imagine he will be a youngster in the movie if anything.

Either way, I am super excited to see Nova, him, Drax and Ronan are my 3 favourite cosmic characters and all 3 are in my top 10 superheroes in general.

I wanted her for Gamora, but I am happy that Rosario Dawson has joined the MCU, although on Daredevil.

However, there's strong evidence that she might be playing a significant character from the comics.

^I will pretty much watch anything with Rosario Dawson in it. I was watching the DD series anyway, but that has rubber stamped it.

Nathan is more of a Captain Marvel (passing the torch to Carol) to me than a Nova (Richard Rider).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"