Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this second end credits scene has enough time to not make it look like the Thor one which many people thought was cheap looking lol

Last edited:
More from SDCC 2014 >>
10543565_936365426389125_5143889177437630828_o.jpg

Yup. That's a life-size Rocket Hasbro Marvel Legends.

It was the one thing, early on, that gave me pause about Gunn and the movie itself. Clearly it was rushed , under-designed and under-funded. Marvels marketing since then has been very effective though.

Edit: life size you say?

Last edited:
It was the one thing, early on, that gave me pause about Gunn and the movie itself. Clearly it was rushed , under-designed and under-funded. Marvels marketing since then has been very effective though.

Edit: life size you say?

Bwah...?

I still liked it, but you could tell it was rushed, and they admitted as such, what was it like a day or something before Thor came out? lol

Ahhh right i thought he was talking about the entire production lol.

But yea the Thor stinger was clearly rushed and put together as more of a screen test i think.

Some twitter reactions from a screening in london that just ended

Guardians Of The Galaxy is a remorseless bombardment of joy.

Guardians of the Galaxy was so perfect to the comics I almost did a little cry. You all NEED to see it. Its such a different marvel movie!

Guardians of the Galaxy was bloody brilliant. Best Marvel movie yet and funniest by some way. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Wow #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy just WOW! #GuardiansPremiere GOTTA see it in IMAX though - the experience is AMAXING

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is lots of fun. Nothing special, but fun.

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is awesome. Amazing action, great characters, humour and heart!

Loved #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy So much bigger, and funnier than had right to expect. Oscar nod for Vin Diesel, best supporting actor? (Joke)

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the surprise package of the summer, awesome. Star Wars now has its work cut out... Proves you can be original

I am Groot. Frickin' loved #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy @MarvelUK

The best thing about #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is how fun it is. Super heavy with marvel cosmic continuity, old school fans will love that

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy - The most FUN you'll have at the cinema this year guaranteed! #Marvel just raised the benchmark @MarvelUK

Rocket Raccoon owned that movie #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy Your move, DC

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is absolutely ace. It looks awesome, has a mix-tape soundtrack and some neat FX, feel good vibes and Kevin Bacon gags.

Loved #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy with @PaintGirl92. Really fun, reminded me of the days of simpler superheros. Review @ThisIsEntertain soon.

Don't want to spoil anything about the film. However it's as amazing as we hoped. And it's so self aware it's scary. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

You know speaking of which haven't heard much about Benicio as the collector in this, hopefully that isn't a bad sign lol, I know he probably hammed it up, but that could be both a good or bad thing lol :)

T"Challa;29350467 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy was so perfect to the comics I almost did a little cry. You all NEED to see it. Its such a different marvel movie!

Guardians of the Galaxy was bloody brilliant. Best Marvel movie yet and funniest by some way. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Wow #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy just WOW! #GuardiansPremiere GOTTA see it in IMAX though - the experience is AMAXING

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is awesome. Amazing action, great characters, humour and heart!

Loved #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy So much bigger, and funnier than had right to expect. Oscar nod for Vin Diesel, best supporting actor? (Joke)

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the surprise package of the summer, awesome. Star Wars now has its work cut out... Proves you can be original

The best thing about #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is how fun it is. Super heavy with marvel cosmic continuity, old school fans will love that

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy - The most FUN you'll have at the cinema this year guaranteed! #Marvel just raised the benchmark @MarvelUK

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is absolutely ace. It looks awesome, has a mix-tape soundtrack and some neat FX, feel good vibes and Kevin Bacon gags.

Loved #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy with @PaintGirl92. Really fun, reminded me of the days of simpler superheros. Review @ThisIsEntertain soon.

Don't want to spoil anything about the film. However it's as amazing as we hoped. And it's so self aware it's scary. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Man hard to keep excitement in check O_O have any actual critics tweeted anything? I'm not familar with all their names? Can't wait for good old AO Scott to hate it, it gives me joy :p

Man hard to keep excitement in check O_O have any actual critics tweeted anything? I'm not familar with all their names? Can't wait for good old AO Scott to hate it, it gives me joy :p

Robbie Collin, who actually gave Cap 2 a rotten rating on RT liked it a lot..which surprised me.

Empire magazine tweeted a positive reaction, as did guys like John Campea, Devin Faraci, Germain Lussier, Drew Mcweeny, Devin Faraci etc

T"Challa;29350467 said:

I remember saying this.:oldrazz:

More reactions for those of us who like this kind of thing:

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy best film of the year! Hilarious, touching, honest, and strong. Can't wait till number 2!! All hail rocket and groot!

Highly recommend #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy and that's all I'm saying!

Marvel's #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is a glorious, hilarious, action-packed movie with so much charm. Well played @MarvelUK! #HookedOnAFeeling

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy was amazing! Very funny, great visuals and a brilliant cast - well done @MarvelUK

#guardiansofthegalaxy was amazing fun. Probs going to need to see it again, massive audience laughed so much I missed loads of gags

Preview of #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy tonight. First impression - an incredibly good film. Just the right mix of humour and massive explosions.

Just seen #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy jaw has just stopped dropping. Crowning achievement giving such a huge cast each a moment to shine #iamgroot

@MarvelUK Guardians of The Galaxy you rocked my world #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Great screening of #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy tonight unfortunately I think I put my sunglasses in the 3D glasses box by mistake #oops @Disney

I cannot even begin to say how happy #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy made me feel tonight @MarvelUK

Just saw Guardian's of the Galaxy. Completely over the top but excellent space romp #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

This could be the Star Wars of this generation. Easily one of the best Marvels, on par with Avengers & Cap 2. Awesome. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

#GuardiansoftheGalaxy amazing film, can't wait for phase 3 bring on #Avengers2 @MarvelUK @Marvel @Guardians thank you @ShowFilmFirst for tix

Thanks @MarvelUK #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy was awesome - thoroughly enjoyed!

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy was absolutely phenomenal. Loved every second of it. You can't wipe this big grin off my face.

So today I saw GotG. It's amazing. Best Marvel movie so far. Hilarious.

While it didn't beat Winter Soldier for me, #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is tons of funs. Rocket/Groot steal it. I want Chris Pratt to hold me.

Last edited:
Tweet from ThePlaylist IndieWire:

olilyttelton @olilyttelton · 1h
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: Could be the best of the Marvel movies, cos it's (mostly) unlike the other Marvel movies. Flawed, but tons of fun.

olilyttelton @olilyttelton · 56m
That said, GUARDIANS does still have plenty of Marvel DNA (vague Macguffin, rubbish villain, massive flying thing crashing into ground)

olilyttelton @olilyttelton · 55m
But dug it a lot. Review on @ThePlaylist tomorrow.

Ronan was not 'rubbish'. Talk about hyperbole there.

The fact that Indiewire likes the movie is surprising enough. They're ususally really negative with MCU movies ..and blockbusters in general

Can't remember if Oilily was the one who reviewed CATWS for IW… but I remember them giving it a B-. They are notoriously harsh on these movies.

So if they (and Robbie Collins!) both enjoyed GOTG, then I can't help but wonder how the more mainstream critics will react to it.

Vague macguffins will be explained critics, hold your horses

From a film journalist for CineVue and HeyUGuys:

Amon Warmann @awarmann · 2h
Got a couple of quibbles with Guardians of the Galaxy, but they are very minor. Such a fun film!

Amon Warmann ‏@awarmann 2h
There's definitely a formula to their movies, and GOTG mostly follows it, but there's a freshness to the way it's executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"