Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't want a GOTG/Avengers crossover?
They are both totally different in terms of tone and the type of characters,plus there would be too many of them to do justice in a single movie,A cameo would be fine though

Until now the whole success of the MCU hinged on The Avengers and its characters,Marvel has finally learned not to put all their eggs in one basket.I hope this continues and we get to see new teams/sub-franchises like Inhumans,Defenders etc instead of tying everything to the Avengers

Infact a street level superhero group like the Defenders with Daredevil,Punisher and Spider-man(if and when Marvel gets the rights back) with Kingpin as the main villain would be a dream come true for me

Ummm... so, Confused Matthew ripped the movie to shreds. He ****ing hated it.

Must be one of the 17 critics who gave the film a negative review. We should pity his confusion. Or his unfortunate first name.

I saw this movie twice, first in a regular theater (no 3d) then I went to see it in IMAX... Boy, was the IMAX definitely worth it. Probably the best looking IMAX movie I have seen (or remember seeing.)

I can't get over how amazing this movie is. I expected it to be good and enjoyable... Didn't think it'd end up as my favorite CBM film, and that a talking Raccoon would end up my favorite character.

There will always be criticism against good movies, same with games. The only thing that matters is that us fans loved it. And there's already plans for a sequel so, no worries there :p

Am I the only one who doesn't want a GOTG/Avengers crossover?
They are both totally different in terms of tone and the type of characters,plus there would be too many of them to do justice in a single movie,A cameo would be fine though

Until now the whole success of the MCU hinged on The Avengers and its characters,Marvel has finally learned not to put all their eggs in one basket.I hope this continues and we get to see new teams/sub-franchises like Inhumans,Defenders etc instead of tying everything to the Avengers

Infact a street level superhero group like the Defenders with Daredevil,Punisher and Spider-man(if and when Marvel gets the rights back) with Kingpin as the main villain would be a dream come true for me

You are aware that the Defenders (consisting of DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones) will be appearing on Netflix right? Kingpin has already been cast for the DD series which is filming now.

Also found this while cruising the interwebs

l3sj5uriyyfsxz0sv7ua.jpg

iv7lp3umosbqay5arzkr.jpg

npjsvrmnvldi8mql0vne.jpg

I don't think it should comes as a surprise that Mr. Pratt was voted class clown

I gotta ask... Was the movie situated in the Milky Way?

I can't seem to find any info on it.

Thanks. Yeah, I read up on Xandar. Turns out it's in the Andromeda.

Cool, good to know it's our closest galactic neighbor. I just remembered I had asked the same question a while back and that's what I was told

Oh. Yeah, it is.

GotG really is pretty damn unique of a Marvel movie, which is one of the reasons I liked it. It's set in an entirely different galaxy, it stars a tree and a raccoon, and is somehow not terrible. Man, they did good with this one.

Damn it, now I gotta see it again.

You are aware that the Defenders (consisting of DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones) will be appearing on Netflix right? Kingpin has already been cast for the DD series which is filming now.

I am aware of that
Haven't read much about the others but I think they are wasting Daredevil by having him appear on Netflix.They should make a movie about him.
Also Dwayne Johnson is interested in playing Luke Cage,there's potential in a movie there too.

Also if the Netflix series becomes famous,will they continue the same version to movies or make a rebooted origin?

I am aware of that
Haven't read much about the others but I think they are wasting Daredevil by having him appear on Netflix.They should make a movie about him.
Also Dwayne Johnson is interested in playing Luke Cage,there's potential in a movie there too.

Also if the Netflix series becomes famous,will they continue the same version to movies or make a rebooted origin?

Dwayne Johnson was interested in Luke Cage. Marvel took too long to announce it that he's moved on to DC.

Dwayne Johnson was interested in Luke Cage. Marvel took too long to announce it that he's moved on to DC.

That's what's known as Dodging a Bullet. They can do better, regardless of medium.

I gotta say if they don't open the sequel to this song, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

It's just asking for a opening montage.

I am aware of that

How are they wasting him with a TV series on Netflix?

If anything, it gives Daredevil advantages the Avengers characters don't have. Superheroes were created for serialized storytelling, something TV pulls off better than film, especially with a court case character like Matt Murdock. It also means we'll get more Daredevil stories, since films can only tell one story at a time.

I think this idea that TV "wastes" him comes from society's flawed perception that TV is somehow an inferior medium to live-action film. That belief's been held for decades, and it's part of why many live-action superhero shows couldn't get off the ground till recently.

Thankfully due to shows like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, and Orange in the New Black - shows more ambitious than most films in many ways - we are finally starting to grow out of that belief. If anything, the Daredevil TV series is coming out at the perfect time, especially with the recent superhero TV boom on top of that.

Some of DD's best storylines would work far better in the TV series format (imo). Give them time to build up the pieces for the whole. Elektra, Bullseye, and the Kingpin for example all have individual arcs with DD before coming together for the classic 'Last Hand'. The DD movie tried to all that (and his origin) all in one flick.

'Armageddon' is another that should span several episodes (and if they could have Chris Evans guest as Cap in the finale with Nuke that would be incredible).

GOTG is big enough in scale to have them face a big spectacle event in each flick. The eye candy doesn't come cheap, and with 2 all CGI characters to boot they are better served given the big screen (and big budget) treatment.

Street level heroes are better served via television.

I am aware of that

They're definitely not wasting him by having him on tv. TV actually makes more sense.

How are they wasting him with a TV series on Netflix?

If anything, it gives Daredevil advantages the Avengers characters don't have. Superheroes were created for serialized storytelling, something TV pulls off better than film, especially with a court case character like Matt Murdock. It also means we'll get more Daredevil stories, since films can only tell one story at a time.

I think this idea that TV "wastes" him comes from society's flawed perception that TV is somehow an inferior medium to live-action film. That belief's been held for decades, and it's part of why many live-action superhero shows couldn't get off the ground till recently.

Thankfully due to shows like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, and Orange in the New Black - shows more ambitious than most films in many ways - we are finally starting to grow out of that belief. If anything, the Daredevil TV series is coming out at the perfect time, especially with the recent superhero TV boom on top of that.

1.Its on Netflix,which means is almost free.So they wont be putting too much money into this
2.A TV budget wont satisfy the action and FX a superhero movie deserves,none of the shows you mentioned requires that I think
3.Marvel has so far disappointed in the TV medium
4.He won't get enough exposure compared to the other heroes even though he is arguably a better known hero than many of them
5.I don't want this to end up being a lawyer-who-is-also-a-crime-fighter rather than a crime-fighter-who-is-also-a-lawyer-thing

Daredevil imo is really interesting character in terms of his powers and has one of the best origins ever.That deserves a movie

TV is better for Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones for one reason:

- 13 episodes. That's 13 hours, the equivalent to 6 two hour movies (two whole trilogies). They will have more hours than the Iron Man trilogy in it's entirety.

That can only be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back