Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they didn't include Nova in the film. Nova really deserves his own film.

Yeah, Thor needs a ringer to get it back on track. Like the Russo's did for Cap. The problem is finding a diamond in the rough. I have no idea how a director hasn't used the Enchantress and the Executioner. I still say Marvel should get Brad Bird for something before someone else gets him.

Does anyone think they were down playing the fantasy (magic) elements too much?

Does anyone think they were down playing the fantasy (magic) elements too much?

I think so. If you look at some of Marvel's most successful movies, it's the ones that really throw themselves into their respective sub-genre: like The Winter Soldier as a conspiracy thriller, and Guardians of the Galaxy as a sci-fi space opera. The Thor films feel at times like they're tentatively dipping their toes into fantasy stylings while still being reluctant to stray too far from the more conventional superhero playbook. That's why I've been saying that the third film should be full-blown fantasy epic, a quest spanning the Nine Worlds.

Just got back from my second viewing. Much better. Plan on seeing it again this friday. :)

Im not that familiar with the comics...so Im sorry if I am a newb at this sort of thing.

I think it was similar fighting, but it's not like a fight move was used and shot like an exact replica like Yukio in The Wolverine.

heh this was on FB tonight
jkKMch9.jpg

Second screening. Still amazing. Still my favorite movie of the year thus far. The only complaint I have after my second viewing is Drax. He felt, I don't know if this is the right word, underpowered. He's the destroyer, and I wished they gave him more destroying to do. There's always the sequel though. I know they had a lot on their plate this first go around.

I had no problem with the way Gamora was fighting...she kicked ash all the way through the movie. now if I might add, I think i'm falling for her...not because she's attractive...but I find that Zoe is a very talented woman...there's something about her that just..I dunno...I can't quite put my finger on it.

Second screening. Still amazing. Still my favorite movie of the year thus far. The only complaint I have after my second viewing is Drax. He felt, I don't know if this is the right word, underpowered. He's the destroyer, and I wished they gave him more destroying to do. There's always the sequel though. I know they had a lot on their plate this first go around.
The couple times he looks like he gets owned, I think it's more of a case of going against Ronan than Drax being shown as underpowered. The Kyln breakout and Dark Aster fight against Sakaraans showed he could really deliver a wallop.

Last night I watched this movie but I am not really enjoyed only the last part and Starlord.
Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Chris_Starlord_Pratt_Jacket.jpg

But still something missing don't know what it's entertainment or action ........ I observed people really crazy about Chris pratt clothing like Pants, Coat and Jacket like this Slimfit Jackets online store. I think the movie only promote the costume and nothing else !!

I observed people really crazy about Chris pratt clothing like Pants, Coat and Jacket like this Slimfit Jackets online store. I think the movie only promote the costume and nothing else !!
tumblr_n6ooa7sgQJ1s3hgsno1_250.gif

ooooooh a new troll!!!! How fun!!! Can I plays with it?

images

But still something missing don't know what it's entertainment or action ........ I observed people really crazy about Chris pratt clothing like Pants, Coat and Jacket like this Slimfit Jackets online store. I think the movie only promote the costume and nothing else !!

tablo-confused.gif

FYI, Gunn has confirmed Quill's dad will not be J'son.

Last night I watched this movie but I am not really enjoyed only the last part and Starlord.
Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Chris_Starlord_Pratt_Jacket.jpg

No speakee english?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"