Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 18

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcvader Lurker #1

2. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Saw it a second time around today and still didn't catch where the cocoon was in the Collector's museum. Ugh.

3. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Huh, I hadn't seen that. Well if not J'Son, the only character that makes much sense to me would be Adam Warlock. Especially since his mother described him as "an angel made of pure light."

4. doglee80 Registered

Same here. I tried really hard too. Lol

5. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

So sideshow collectibles has 12 inch figure of Groot, Rocket, Star Lord and Gamora...I think im gonna get them all... I know SC does flex payments but does it mean when I choose flex payment, they won't charge my card until the pre scheduled date? If anyone knows, thanks.

6. Cooty_Cat Registered

It seems kinda strange for it to be Adam Warlock.

If the Ravagers were not paid to bring Starlord to his dad who were they working for? Also it seems strange to have Adams cocoon as an easter egg without it having no movie emphasis at all on the cocoon. Maybe a lingering shot at least so that later Peter remembers the cocoon in the collection.

The only thing I get from Gunns interview is that the character is tied pretty closely to Yondu.

7. marcvader Lurker #1

If not Warlock then I'm thinking a close friend or former teammate of Yondu's . So iI'm thinking a contemporary of his from the originals.

8. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I'd be fine with it being Warlock. There's no telling what happened in the 30 something years that happened between Quill being conceived and Warlock ending up in the Collector's vault.

Does beg the question of why Warlock would have had a bounty on him though.

9. Cooty_Cat Registered

Oh I'd LOVE if it was Warlock. Just seems weird based off the info in the movie.

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

[​IMG]

11. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I don't think it's Warlock, because Yondu's lieutenant said that he was supposed to deliver Quill to his father but they did not. If he was in a cocoon, then it'd make no sense what that guy said.

12. fixxxer ...goes to 11

Yup, I think we can officially rule out Warlock. Warlock hiring the Ravagers to go get Quill does not make sense. Doubly so if Warlock is currently regenerating in the cocoon.

13. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

Warlock could have gone into the cocoon at any point in the past 28 years though

14. fixxxer ...goes to 11

I'll admit that that's certainly a possibility, but it just looks wrong to me from every angle. So, I'll amend my position on the probability of Warlock being Peter Quill's father to "slim to none".

So, if Warlock is indeed Peter's father, the following events must have taken place. Warlock goes to Earth, impregnates Meredith and abandons her and her unborn son. A few years later he commissions the Ravagers (who consider Warlock a "jackass") to find and bring him Peter. But soon after that he goes into a cocoon, and is presumably undergoing some metamorphosis process. And then in the meantime, one Mr. Tivan snatches up the cocoon in which Warlock is laying dormant...

I dunno, to me, none of the above fits at all.

15. Donut Registered

Maybe Youndu & co did try & return Peter ? But since Warlock never showed up to meet them. At the place they were supposed to meet. They just figured he was a jack ass & they got stuck with Peter

16. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

It would be really weird for Adam to be Peter's dad, I'm all for a few changes from time to time, but this would really violate the canon established in DnA.

17. marcvader Lurker #1

If Marvel Studios is willing to change the Avengers canon what makes you think they'd hesitate to change Quill's and Warlock's?

18. Cooty_Cat Registered

The wording Yondu used throughout the movie made it seem as if they just decided to keep Quill, not that they tried to deliver him. Honestly we could rationalize any cosmic hero to be Quills dad I just think Adam Warlock makes less sense then others given the situation.

19. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I was really looking forward to Peter finding out he is an heir to the throne of a galactic empire and then rejecting it and all the trouble that comes from it. Oh well, I have faith in Marvel, Feige, Gunn and Whedon so I'll just go with the flow

20. Dr. Evil Registered

21. HunBoy Captain Hungary

22. FrozenBanana00 Registered

23. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i was glad to see the black part was just paint and not part of the kree features.

24. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

25. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

there will be changes in Starlords heritage as was suspected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.