Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
a blue alien dude who wants to blow up a planet because… well, we don't really know why
That's from an article's description of Ronan. I am tired of hearing that. We know exactly why he is doing it. It's in his first words. He says generations of his family were killed in the previous war, so he rejects the current treaty as an abomination of (what he considers to be authentic Kree) justice. He monologues about it.

He's an orthodox fanatic type.

Now what might have HELPED is a scene early where Ronan is in a conflict with ruling Kree and tells then he rejects the treaty and sees himself as the true upholder of Kree codes, laws, and justice.

That's not a big complaint btw...just making a minor point.

Last edited:
never mind.....found it :D and HOLY S*#T!!!! that was cool. :more:

Or we could have gotten some scenes of Ronan reminiscing about the friends, family, loved ones, etc that he's lost during the war. It could have been a nice parallel with the Guardians, who have also lost things that are dear with him. It could have shown the different paths that grief and loss has led these people down. That would have at least given him SOME kind of dimension. Again, if they hadn't have called this guy "Ronan the Accuser," then it wouldn't have bugged me so much. Comic book Ronan is a MUCH better/more interesting character than this. And I really don't understand why Marvel has such a problem with giving any of their villains not named Loki any kind of dimension or complexity, especially when it's a character like Ronan who DOES have both of those things. It's definitely one of the bigger flaws in their movies.

which stone was at issue in GOTG?

I think that it's supposed to be the Power Gem/Stone.

So we have Space, Reality, Mind and Power now?

Loki's staff maybe. Thats what Ive seen people speculate

The First Gem is the Space Gem, which opens Portals in Space (Think Teleportation as in Star Trek). It has been seen in Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and the Avengers Movie. It was last seen in Odin's Vault on Asgard.

The Second Gem was the Mind Gem, which allows its bearer to mind control anyone it touches. It is the gem that was in Loki's Staff in the Avengers and the gem that so many people were upset about (including Jeremy Renner) since it made Hawkeye basically a puppet for most of the Movie. It is believed to be somewhere within S.H.I.E.L.D But since Shield is gone who knows where it is now.

The Third Gem we have seen to date (If you have watched Thor:The Dark World) is the Power Gem which basically turns Matter into Dark Matter. As as we all know The Collector is holding on to this one.

The Fourth Gem is the Reality Gem and if you saw GOTG you know the power of that gem
and it is now with the Nova Core.

So 4 Gems none of which or in Thanos possession.

Also, I don't know if WillardNation still posts here but during his screening of Guardians of the Galaxy, his friend was texting Chris Pratt.

The First Gem is the Space Gem, which opens Portals in Space (Think Teleportation as in Star Trek). It has been seen in Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and the Avengers Movie. It was last seen in Odin's Vault on Asgard.

The Second Gem was the Mind Gem, which allows its bearer to mind control anyone it touches. It is the gem that was in Loki's Staff in the Avengers and the gem that so many people were upset about (including Jeremy Renner) since it made Hawkeye basically a puppet for most of the Movie. It is believed to be somewhere within S.H.I.E.L.D But since Shield is gone who knows where it is now.

The Third Gem we have seen to date (If you have watched Thor:The Dark World) is the Power Gem which basically turns Matter into Dark Matter. As as we all know The Collector is holding on to this one.

The Fourth Gem is the Reality Gem and if you saw GOTG you know the power of that gem and it is now with the Nova Core.

That's a lot to keep straight. I hope that when and if they do have the Infinity Gauntlet storyline they recap for those of us with crappy memories. :p

The after credits scene in TWS shows that the mind gem is with Baron Von Strucker

Does that still need spoiler tags?

Oh yeah I forgot about that
it is with Strucker now

No, there's still been no direct evidence that the scepter is an infinity stone, or holds one. In fact, Avengers actually said that it wasn't, that it was powered by part of the Tesseract's energy. And again it would make no sense for Thanos to give someone like Loki one of the gems just to acquire another one, and risk losing BOTH of them. No, the three confirmed gems thus far:

The Tesseract-Space Gem.
The Aether-Possibly the Reality Gem.
The Orb-Probably the Power Gem.

How many after credits scenes did TWS have?! :wow

So the only Gems we still have to see Time gem which I think we could be seeing with Dr. Strange. And the Soul Gem which people i've heared people Speculate a Major Spoiler for Maybe Thor 3 here.

Is in Loki's Poessession

Not gonna lie, while watching, I kind of wished Karen Gillan was cast as Gamora instead and Saldana as Nebula.

I can see where you are coming from especially with this look:
Marvel-Gamora.jpg

Hm, I see what you mean. Age of Ultron pretty much sells itself, but there's a huge break between now and AoU. We need something to hold us over.

The Fourth Gem is the Reality Gem and if you saw GOTG you know the power of that gem
and it is now with the Nova Core.

First and second are the Same thing.
The piece Thanos gave Loki had the same properties as the Tesseract. It's not a infinity Stone.

No, there's still been no direct evidence that the scepter is an infinity stone, or holds one. In fact, Avengers actually said that it wasn't, that it was powered by part of the Tesseract's energy. And again it would make no sense for Thanos to give someone like Loki one of the gems just to acquire another one, and risk losing BOTH of them. No, the three confirmed gems thus far:

The Tesseract-Space Gem.
The Aether-Possibly the Reality Gem.
The Orb-Probably the Power Gem.

No I still think Thanos gave Loki the Mind gem to help him take over the world down there because how did he have the power to control people's mind without it. And why does Strucker have the staff now no that Stagg has a gem and it's the Mind gem it may not be apparant right now but maybe it will be revealed in Age of Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"