Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part 19

So I pre-ordered Groot and Rocket together, Gamora and Star Lord from Sideshow Collectibles. :)

Going to see GotG friday. CAN'T WAIT

So I pre-ordered Groot and Rocket together, Gamora and Star Lord from Sideshow Collectibles. :)

Gratz! Will these be your first Hot Toys? If so... it's a slippery slope!

Regarding your query about flex pays at Sideshow. The way it works is that the item is split into a number of payments but the final payment won't be taken until the item is ready to ship, this is due to Hot Toys sometimes pushing back release dates (although lately a lot have been out on time or before).

Hope you enjoy them when they arrive early next year! I'm personally hoping we get a Nebula and Ronan from them as well.

Gratz! Will these be your first Hot Toys? If so... it's a slippery slope!

Regarding your query about flex pays at Sideshow. The way it works is that the item is split into a number of payments but the final payment won't be taken until the item is ready to ship, this is due to Hot Toys sometimes pushing back release dates (although lately a lot have been out on time or before).

Hope you enjoy them when they arrive early next year! I'm personally hoping we get a Nebula and Ronan from them as well.

Actually Im a long time buyer. I have quite a collection of 12 inch figures. They're mostly made up of Clone Troopers...I got Thor, Black Widow, Green Goblin (from Spider-man 3), Indiana Jones, Boba Fett...

Next in line, I wanna get Captain America ;) from the Winter Soldier. I'm using flex payment considering Im sort of in a pinch in my finances sometimes so thank god for that.

I was going to get Groot and Rocket separate but when I found out that the companion set comes with a baby groot...I was like, aww man...really? either way, if I went with paying the two separately, it was going to be the same amount anyway either way...so I went with the companion set. :) Oh man, don't get me started on baby groot now, such a cute scene. :D :o

I have now seen 3 people that didn't really like this film here on the Hype. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for the life of me I just don't understand how anyone can see it and not love it. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Saw it today. Enjoyed it, but it didn't blow my skirt up the way it seems to have for everyone else. Really liked the world(s) they'd created, it's colours and everything... I was entertained.

I really, really wish I'd been able to see it with a crowd. There were only a few people in my screening (Thursday matinee was my only option for the next few weeks). I have a feeling a crowd would have really changed the experience.

Overall, for CBM's this year, DOFP is firmly lodged in number one, followed by TWS then GOTG.

See I thought DOFP is a contender for greatest CBM of all time, it was masterfully done and felt like a real event. Not that TWS and GotG didn't, I just preferred DOFP :)

See I thought DOFP is a contender for greatest CBM of all time, it was masterfully done and felt like a real event. Not that TWS and GotG didn't, I just preferred DOFP :)

DOFP really surprised me, between first class, wolverine and that movie my faith in the X-men franchise is restored. Let's forget X3 and Origins...

Definitely agree with you on DoFP.

Whatever order they're in, I think we can all agree it's been a fantastic year for quality CBMs!

[blackout]Apart from ASM2[/blackout]

Last edited:
I loved Guardians, but I have to put Winter Soldier as my top movie thus far, with Dawn next. Very, very closely followed by Guardians.

Agreed, it has been a great year for CBMs...

Actually Im a long time buyer. I have quite a collection of 12 inch figures. They're mostly made up of Clone Troopers...I got Thor, Black Widow, Green Goblin (from Spider-man 3), Indiana Jones, Boba Fett...

Next in line, I wanna get Captain America ;) from the Winter Soldier. I'm using flex payment considering Im sort of in a pinch in my finances sometimes so thank god for that.

I was going to get Groot and Rocket separate but when I found out that the companion set comes with a baby groot...I was like, aww man...really? either way, if I went with paying the two separately, it was going to be the same amount anyway either way...so I went with the companion set. :) Oh man, don't get me started on baby groot now, such a cute scene. :D :o

That's awesome, do you have photos of your collection in a thread or anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"