Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part 19

Yondu was awesome. I just found his weapon to be a bit silly though.

I thought the scene where the weapon goes through every...uh...what you call them... uh Ronan's cronies... anyway, that was a cool scene. But what I do like is the part when Rocket rams his ship into Ronan to save his friends...

Sad part was when Rocket tells Groot that he's gonna die and Rocket just looks at him with a sad face as he's tearing up inside. That was emotional to me. Those two, I bet, have been through a lot together up until now...

Yondu was awesome. I just found his weapon to be a bit silly though.

I like it a lot, and whenever Yondu reveals his arrow/bolt and people became intimidated, you can understand the reason why.

tumblr_nai912laJv1qambxro1_500.gif

Haha epic! I can't wait to get my baby Groot Funko pop figure this week :3

Has a third one been confirmed already?

No, I don't think it'll be confirmed until GOTG 2 comes out. But James does want to make more movies. This is what he said when Nerdist asked him if he wanted to do a trilogy:

It’s my hope to be able to make more movies. I thought about it from the very beginning. I have all sorts of thoughts of ways that the cosmic universe can spin off into different directions, whether it’s in another Guardians movie or other movies that are related to it.

I thought the scene where the weapon goes through every...uh...what you call them... uh Ronan's cronies... anyway, that was a cool scene. But what I do like is the part when Rocket rams his ship into Ronan to save his friends...

Sad part was when Rocket tells Groot that he's gonna die and Rocket just looks at him with a sad face as he's tearing up inside. That was emotional to me. Those two, I bet, have been through a lot together up until now...

One of the most emotional moments in any MCU movie so far, Rockets reaction afterwards was heartbreaking as well.

I liked when he kinda cringed when Drax started stroking him... then relaxed and was comforted by it.

No, I don't think it'll be confirmed until GOTG 2 comes out. But James does want to make more movies. This is what he said when Nerdist asked him if he wanted to do a trilogy:

Didn't Gunn tell Feige that he'd like to direct a Thunderbolts movie as well?

That's one short and funny looking arrow then. ;) It's appearance was actually more bolt like.
okay then more Crossbow Bolt. lol

Agree to disagree, other than his silly weakness to fire, J'onn is a much cooler character IMO. Yondu....yeah, never really got into him, but hey
that's just personal taste I guess.

Hopefully the sequel or a sequel at some point will reveal more about Quill's biological daddy, which will tie in with Yondu's story.

Personally, I still prefer the GOTG film version of the arrow, I thought it gave Yondu a bit of menace, when he needed it.

cheers.
I didn't say Yondu was Cooler than J'onn, just that they were alike in some ways.

In terms of character, from what I've read, yeah Yondu was very different in the movie, however, from reading how he used his arrow in the comics, I thought it was a fine translation of a weapon honestly.

And while Michael Rooker is a limited actor, I don't see blue space Merle like some people do, and he oozed charisma and chewed all the scenery. I loved it.
For the lack of a better comparison, THIS Yondu to ME is more like he belongs in a Trailer park. Almost like he was out of the movie the Last Starfighter. lol

Anyone else get a spam message from some noob with zero post and a link for a GotG jacket today or was it just me?

I swear sometimes these boards are just frustrating. I had just finished typing a second review with how I saw some things differently the 2nd time watching the movie but the site didn't keep my log in in the new tab so I had to re log in. Only by then it lost the post entirely.normally when this happens I just close the site out entirely. Anyone else have these problem of the site auto-signing them out?

Yay I got the same spam message as everyone else. I truly feel part of the community!

I didn't get a spam PM but I did see their spam posts here...

did anyone talk about what happened to the Aether? when sif and volstagg brought it to the collector at the end of Dark world you think it got away some how? when the whole explosion scene happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"