Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]456445[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]454099[/split]

3. TheVileOne Registered

I would say no right now since they are two different demographics.

I mean World War Z was released the same week as Monsters University. This is the End came out the same week as Man of Steel.

4. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

what most people forget when they say that Vin Diesel wouldn't take a certain role because it is not a lead character is, that he is a major fanboy when he comes to stuff like this. he is a role playing geek that accomplished to get Dame Judi Dench to join his D&D campaign on the set of Riddick and is a comic book fan. For that reason it is not impossible that he might agree to play a minor character if he likes that particular superhero or just because of the chance to act in a Marvel movie.

That said, his acting abilities are very limited and I hope we won't see him in the MCU for a long time

5. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I'm not digging you at all R Hythlodeus, but I just think it's funny how in general, we all decide that..*so and so* is a limited actor, and we are judging when all of them can probably act circles around us XD We just want the best

6. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

compared to other professional actors his abilities are limited. better?

7. Wontkins Registered

If you don't think he'll make a good Groot I recommend watching the Iron Giant. If you do think he'll make a good Groot I recommend watching the Iron Giant. Hell, even if you've seen it watch it again because its an amazing film.

8. Starhawk Registered

Maybe Vin is playing a villain? Korvac? I Always thought Michael C Hall would make a great Korvac (visually speaking anyways) but Vin is a pretty good actor.

If he's not a villain perhaps Adam Warlock

9. SlamAdams Registered

The comments section on another site mentioned Ronan the Accuser. I could see Marvel wanting him for that role

10. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out Ronan the Accuser. His name keeps popping up again and again in the GOTG rumormill, with a new actor "attached" to the rumor each time. Vin is the only one I've heard so far who makes sense as Ronan, as a bad mf you wouldn't want to run into in a back alley in some rundown spaceport somewhere.

11. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

surprisingly I could live with that.

12. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Michael C. Hall would be great in the MCU! I love him in Dexter and he was even pretty good/sinister in Gamer. I'd be all for him in a role either hero or villain somewhere down the road, I think I'd prefer villain though.

13. VictusMortuus Registered

I could see Vin as Black Bolt.

[​IMG]

14. samsnee Ok

I say he's the voice of Groot, and they are changing the character so he says more than just his name.

15. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Gunn won't do that. I could see Vin saying I am Groot in various tones, and slower and faster. It would be hilariously cool.

16. Whiskey Tango Registered

he wouldn't have to talk, but I don't know if Vin could emote enough for BB.

I'm beginning to agree it's probably Groot.

17. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I didn't think they'd get someone of Vin Diesel's caliber (fame wise, not talent wise) to voice Groot. I thought that was just a role that would go to a crew member. But if it is Groot that's be awesome.

18. Whiskey Tango Registered

They get to use his name in the credits and I can't imagine he'd be that expensive, I mean if it *is* for Groot he might not spend more than a few hours in the recording booth.

19. Rowsdower! Registered

I think Vin might be playing Thanos.

20. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Y know, a slightly more upbeat Riddick type voice might work for Rocket. No? Anyway its more likely Groot or Thanos. If they're going with a live actor for Thanos, Diesel isnt my first choice.

Iron Giant makes me think Groot. A bit too on the nose for my taste, but its logical.

21. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

To be perfectly honest, I think it'll turn out to be a case of people --- even actors --- not knowing (or caring) that "Marvel" isn't one big happy family: it's several separate film universes scattered out over at least three studios. My money on this meeting with Vin is that it's actually Fox, and he's who they've got tapped for Ben Grimm.

22. Starhawk Registered

i doubt its either Groot or Rocket Raccoon. I'm assuming someone is already signed and Marvel has managed to keep the news from leaking...SDCC is around the corner and we are bound to find out more cast announcement then.

Another thing that makes me think its neither of those characters is if they can get someone like Vin you probably would want a character you can "see".

23. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I doubt it, mostly because Vin is about as geeky as they come. He'd know the difference between Marvel and Fox. Plus, Marvel wouldn't be the one looking to cast Grimm. It would be Fox approaching him for that.

Edit: The Thing is likely to be CGI in the new FF (correcting an obvious error in the first movies), so it's even more likely that he's up for a role in the MCU and not FF.

#23 Crimson King, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  24. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I think thanos is possible for vin. But who knows.

25. Mr. Dent Registered

So the film has really begun shooting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.