Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
BQhrWBNCcAAGkXS.jpg:large

Martian the manhunter? :p

Can someone explain this to me? Glenn Close is playing Nova??

Richard Ryder is actually Nova Centurion Prime, and he's not even that in this movie, since it's still Rhomann Dey at the moment.

Glenn Close is Nova Prime. I'm guessing she's like the equivalent of the "Sergeant Major of the Marine Corp" whereas Rhomann Dey would be like the "Sergeant Major", who would be the top enlisted commanding officer of the marines. "Sergeant Major of the Marine Corp" is a top advisory/leadership position that isn't commissioned, I think. I could be wrong though.

Where it gets confusing, both with the Marines and the Nova Corp is that the "Sergeant Major of the Marine Corp" is often abbreviated to just "Sergeant Major", and likewise, "Nova Centurion Prime" gets abbreviated to "Nova Prime".

And of course, Richard Ryder just gets abbreviated to "Nova" as if that is the character's name.

Well that comes from Richard Rider having been the only real Nova until Annihilation. The Nova Corps wasn't really expanded upon as this big peacekeeping militaristic corps until then.

It's all a retcon anyway. It was simpler back in the day. Nova was Nova.

Speaking of all this, I wonder if they're going to destroy Xandar and the Corps? That's a pretty essential element to the Nova lore...Xandar and the corps, in every iteration, always ends up getting destroyed.

I would think Xandar would be destroyed in a Nova solo movie which would hopefully introduce Richard Rider

No, not Richard Rider, she's just playing another Nova Prime. I'm predicting this one:

glenn-close-guardians-galaxy.jpg

glenn-close-nova.jpg
a few of us have posted those same pics way back. that is most of our guesses. take her nose out and close looks well very close to this.

Yeah while the masses insisted she was the voice of Worldmind, a few of of us posted this pic haha

Ha ha I wonder what scene this is? Could it be this is how they are imprisoned on the kyln or on a kree planet?

It might be practice for a space scene, especially if they want to mimic what it's like to move in space.

It might be practice for a space scene, especially if they want to mimic what it's like to move in space.

Yeah that thought crossed my mind as well, but for some reason I cant get breaking out of prison out of my head after that pic.

good call on the space thing. seeing starlord's boots from the comic con pics shows boosters on them. so maybe he and the rest of the team will be space flying at some point.

I would think Xandar would be destroyed in a Nova solo movie which would hopefully introduce Richard Rider

I think the destruction of Xandar should be done in another cosmic film, if we take GOTG as that film it could be an easter egg of sorts, a tiny bit of connective tissue like whilst on any space ship or planet they hear an SOS from Xandar requesting aid for help against "whatever the MCU equivalent of Annihilus and his Annihilation wave".

Then you could jump straight into a Nova film which starts with darkness and the Worldmind voice speaking of the events, flashes to destruction and death on Xandar cut with a body floating through space, it's Rider, who awakes as he enters the atmosphere of a planet and starts hurtling towards the surface.

The film could focus on Richard Rider now, Centurion Nova-Prime getting to grips with the Worldmind and his new strength whilst chasing after "whatever the MCU equivalent of Annihilus and his Annihilation wave".

Then you could end with the 'force' reaching our galaxy and having Rider being the only one between Earth and this army. Which could go into a small crossover film with maybe Nova and the GOTG and maybe other cosmic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"