Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another:
michael-rooker-yondus-07-580x435.jpg

Yondu looks great. Top of his head around the Mohawk area looks a little odd - might just be the picture though.

Yondu looks great. Top of his head around the Mohawk area looks a little odd - might just be the picture though.
I'm thinking they just made the blue paint go right up the mohawk and blend a bit instead of making it quite so distinguishable between his head and the mohawk.

Looks like Rooker's mohawk could be mocapped. I got a feeling Yondu's CGI 'hawk will be a thing of beauty.

Why CGI the Mohawk when you can make it look awesome with prosthetics?

Uh isn't the symbol on Yondu's jacket the same as the one on Star-Lord's costume in the comics?

xfir.jpg

http://www.*****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/StarLord.jpg

So bizarre to see a character as obscure as Yondu on the big screen. I can only chuckle. :)

Ummmm Pratt doesn't look young. If he was born in the 80's then that puts him near his 30's which is how Pratt generally looks.

Late twenties early thirties. Same freaking thing, Rock.

But doesn't the official synopsis of the movie refer to Peter Quill as a pilot that gets stranded in space? How old are you thinking he was in the mid 80's when he was a pilot?

So you're thinking he left Earth as an infant fighter pilot, with his Walkman and "Awesome Mix" tape? Gotcha.

Of course the synopsis could be flat out wrong, but that would be kind of weird.

Last edited:
I asked James Gunn on his Formspring will we hear Thanos speak in the movie and the aspect ratio in which he's filming. He said yes, and 2.35 : 1.

Late twenties early thirties. Same freaking thing, Rocky.

So you're thinking he left Earth as an infant, with his Walkman and "Awesome Mix" tape? Gotcha.
You know he can have a mix tape at like 7 and be about 35 years old now, right?

I asked James Gunn on his Formspring will we hear Thanos speak in the movie and the aspect ratio in which he's filming. He said yes, and 2.35 : 1.

Both of these are happy answers.

Maybe time dilation comes into play. Fine by me as its the only kind of time travel that's actually possible.

Rooker looks outstanding btw. That whole scene looks great in fact. Can't believe I'm this stoked for a property i barely knew existed a few years ago.

You know he can have a mix tape at like 7 and be about 35 years old now, right?

Sure, but I'm basing this on Marvel's synopsis: A US pilot gets stranded in space, yada yada...

Just so we're clear, your saying you think the official synopsis about Quill being a pilot getting stranded in space is bogus, right?

Because, a 7 year old pilot .... Yeah, no.

Last edited:
I knew I should've purchased some shares of blue skin paint stock when they first greenlit this flick. Dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"