Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Gamora was going to look a bit more exotic. She looks just like a green Zoe Saldana.

Yeah, I wish they had done something with her eyes or something. Maybe the smallest a hint of fish eyes or something, I dunno.

Not full on Abe Sapien but just a smidgen, just a slightly more alien vibe. I hope her skin has some interesting texture and patterns going on at least or it really will be just a green Zoe Saldana.

Wouldn't the GOTG object be the fourth Infinity Stone? The Tesseract, The mind controlling gem on the Thanos/Loki spear (Held at SHIELD, so this could show up on AOS), the Aether plus this one, which will undoubtedly be dubbed "The Galaxy". And, yes, I remember that MIB also also had a miniature galaxy as a Macguffin, but that was 16 years ago.

Tesseract - Space
Aether - Power
Spear gem - Mind
Galaxy - I'm thinking that this is the Time stone, given that the comic book Guardians take place across a variety of time lines.

Just Soul (this one fits Dr. Strange) and Reality (GOTG 2 or Avengers 3) to go!

Last edited:
Wouldn't the GOTG object be the fourth Infinity Stone? The Tesseract, The mind controlling gem on the Thanos/Loki spear (Held at SHIELD, so this could show up on AOS), the Aether plus this one, which will undoubtedly be dubbed "The Galaxy". And, yes, I remember that MIB also also had a miniature galaxy as a Macguffin, but that was 16 years ago.

Tesseract - Space
Aether - Power
Spear gem - Mind
Galaxy - I'm thinking that this is the Time stone, given that the comic book Guardians take place across a variety of time lines.

Just Soul (this one fits Dr. Strange) and Reality (GOTG 2 or Avengers 3) to go!

Thus making them the guardians of the galaxy? hahaha.

Loki's Scepter was powered by the Tesseract. They had the same energy signature as said on the move. they are one and the same

They could alter Saldana's appearance somewhat in post-production, we'll see. I'd be also concerned about RR. From the comic con sneak peeks RR looked kind of impersonal, lifeless, and gaunt (and/or too tall?) to boot. Plus the fact that he's being voiced by a stunt cast Cooper (instead of someone more fitting) is adding to the trepidation.

They could alter Saldana's appearance somewhat in post-production, we'll see. I'd be also concerned about RR. From the comic con sneak peeks RR looked kind of impersonal, lifeless, and gaunt (and/or too tall?) to boot. Plus the fact that he's being voiced by a stunt cast Cooper (instead of someone more fitting) is adding to the trepidation.

How do you know it's a stunt cast without even hearing him? You could say that about any remotely famous actor.

Everyone in the cast says RR is the star. I wouldn't worry about him being impersonal or lifeless.

Thus making them the guardians of the galaxy? hahaha.

Loki's Scepter was powered by the Tesseract. They had the same energy signature as said on the move. they are one and the same

Yep.
So the Asgardians have one Gem/Stone (Tesseract), and the other goes somewhere else in TDW. The one in GOTG *should* be Stone #3.

I remember the long arguments about whether or not Loki's spear was powered by an Infinity Gem, or the Tesseract, and lots of flamewars back and forth about that; until Feige officially said (and Fury did, too) that the Spear was powered by the Tesseract.

Turns out that the guys who were arguing that an Infinity Gem powered the Spear were *also* right all along. :word:

I thought they argued it was the Mind Gem?
there were a lot of arguments back then.

for those interested, I made a thread for the discussion about the gems in the marvel movies section, so that we don't have to spread this discussion to different threads in different sections

there were a lot of arguments back then.

for those interested, I made a thread for the discussion about the gems in the marvel movies section, so that we don't have to spread this discussion to different threads in different sections

Yeah...seeing as these gems are going to be in EVERY movie now! It's like a Marvel treasure hunt! they are the Horcruxes of the MCU

Yep.
So the Asgardians have one Gem/Stone (Tesseract), and the other goes somewhere else in TDW. The one in GOTG *should* be Stone #3.

I remember the long arguments about whether or not Loki's spear was powered by an Infinity Gem, or the Tesseract, and lots of flamewars back and forth about that; until Feige officially said (and Fury did, too) that the Spear was powered by the Tesseract.

Turns out that the guys who were arguing that an Infinity Gem powered the Spear were *also* right all along. :word:

Isn't it obvious from the movie that the tesseract powers the spear !? This was made clear in The Avengers no ?

u5o6KRk.jpg

Isn't it obvious from the movie that the tesseract powers the spear !? This was made clear in The Avengers no ?

It was made clear in the Avengers that the tesseract and the spear gem were linked, so that Romanoff could break through the tesseract barrier using Loki's weapon. I don't recall it being stated in the film that one was fueling the other, and the two had completely different functions. But if Feige said Loki's staff was tesseract powered, I suppose I am going to have to believe him.

I think the MacGuffin in Guardians is the Space Gem/Stone.

It was made clear in the Avengers that the tesseract and the spear gem were linked, so that Romanoff could break through the tesseract barrier using Loki's weapon. I don't recall it being stated in the film that one was fueling the other, and the two had completely different functions. But if Feige said Loki's staff was tesseract powered, I suppose I am going to have to believe him.

I guess I just assumed it because I don't really see Thanos being OK with the Other giving a guy like Loki an infinity gem and have him take it to another dimension so easily.

He must have meant concept art, it looks like it's by the same guy that does a lot of art for the film dpt, Ryan M-something

Apparently it is displayed in Brazil.

It looks like to be the same artist that did the line-up concept art

9342232986_461bc529fd_o.jpg

Speaking of the stones, whenever they get around to the soul stone then I think that's when Adam Warlock will be brought in. Hell, I think it would be cool if they made Warlock a living Infinity Stone or something.

According to James Gunn: "@russfischer I think that's fan art I saw a long time ago."
That sure is accurate to be fan art.

I guess I just assumed it because I don't really see Thanos being OK with the Other giving a guy like Loki an infinity gem and have him take it to another dimension so easily.

I assumed Thanos had a "long con" in place before letting the gem go, one my feeble non Titanian brain could not possibly understand. But your explanation makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"