Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....Thanos sent loki to retrieve the tesseract. I don't think he'd endanger the loss of a stone to try and retrieve another stone....at least not to a loser like Loki

I think the MacGuffin in Guardians is the Space Gem/Stone.
because the movie is set in space :o

close up of the comic con prop

gotg-props006.jpg
nice find

Speaking of the stones, whenever they get around to the soul stone then I think that's when Adam Warlock will be brought in. Hell, I think it would be cool if they made Warlock a living Infinity Stone or something.

I had a similar thought about Scarlet Witch being the Reality Stone.

According to James Gunn: "@russfischer I think that's fan art I saw a long time ago."

That looks WAY too good to be just fan art.

No offense to anyone who has created brilliant fan artwork for GOTG, but that picture looks legit.

It was made clear in the Avengers that the tesseract and the spear gem were linked, so that Romanoff could break through the tesseract barrier using Loki's weapon. I don't recall it being stated in the film that one was fueling the other, and the two had completely different functions. But if Feige said Loki's staff was tesseract powered, I suppose I am going to have to believe him.

People....:doh:

The Tesseract is an Infinity Stone. Officially. As is The Aether. Feige didn't mince words.

"it was always the plan to show that the tesseract was indeed an infinity stone, as was the Aether. A lot of that will tie first into ‘Guardians of The Galaxy’ which comes out next year and then where it goes from there we’ll see… I would not necessarily attribute them based on colors, because you’re close but you’re not 100% right on what each one is. …"

http://screenrant.com/thor-2-dark-world-mid-post-credits-button-scenes-explained/all/1/

Thanos did not *give* Loki the Tesseract/Infinity Stone....he sent him to Earth to retrieve it. Once Loki arrived on Earth, Loki was able to siphon the power of the Tesseract into his Spear, *then* giving it the mind**** ability.

Try to keep up, people. It ain't that hard. :abom:

Had to catch up on this thread, lots going on. Wish I could have caught the T:TDW mid credits scene but I can wait, a week ain't so bad

People....:doh:

The Tesseract is an Infinity Stone. Officially. As is The Aether. Feige didn't mince words.

I get that. The confusion relates to the status of the spear gem.

Thanos did not *give* Loki the Tesseract/Infinity Stone....he sent him to Earth to retrieve it. Once Loki arrived on Earth, Loki was able to siphon the power of the Tesseract into his Spear, *then* giving it the mind**** ability.

Try to keep up, people. It ain't that hard. :abom:

Again, the first part is understood. But it is odd that the tesseract (Space stone, right?) would be able to fuel a gem that acts suspiciously like the 616 mind gem.

I get that. The confusion relates to the status of the spear gem.

Again, the first part is understood. But it is odd that the tesseract (Space stone, right?) would be able to fuel a gem that acts suspiciously like the 616 mind gem.

I don't think we can safely say what power each Infinity Stone has yet. Feige says, there again, that we can't go by the "canonical" color scheme.

Hard to say which Stone the Tesseract would actually represent --- it has the power to transport between worlds, to confer vast cosmic knowledge, to control minds, to create energy weapons....it's all over the place.

[blackout]Thor post-credit scene says there are two Infinity Stones in Asgard (Tesseract and Aether). This means that the spear, which would be in Asgard, is not counted as an Infinity Stone.[/blackout]

[blackout]
Do you think Loki (as Odin) arranged for the Collector to have the Aether to placate his old allies for his failure in the Avengers?
[/blackout]

my question is

do these stones hold gems? Do they power the gems? What relation do they have to the gems? Cause we saw the IG prop, and the IG in Thor 1, and there were clearly GEMS there. So what relation will these stones have to the gems?

Jaqua! I sent ya a pm a few days ago.. Reply soonish or we aren't friends

my question is

do these stones hold gems? Do they power the gems? What relation do they have to the gems? Cause we saw the IG prop, and the IG in Thor 1, and there were clearly GEMS there. So what relation will these stones have to the gems?

I don't think the IG from Thor even exists anymore. I think it's straight-up retconned, judging from the new angle they're taking the "Infinity Stones" and whatever they're doing with "Thanos Quest."

That's where my crazy-ass Gauntlet-is-a-living-thing theory comes in. :oldrazz:

There's always the possibility that the gems are indeed located within the a infinity Gauntlet in Odin's vault, but they are currently just empty vessels. And once all the Infinity stones are assembled, the wearer of the gauntlet can siphon out the power from the stones into the respective gems, thus fuelling the gauntlet.

It is going to be sick to see Thanos kicking butt on the big screen, as well as the GotG

There's always the possibility that the gems are indeed located within the a infinity Gauntlet in Odin's vault, but they are currently just empty vessels. And once all the Infinity stones are assembled, the wearer of the gauntlet can siphon out the power from the stones into the respective gems, thus fuelling the gauntlet.

I'm with you on this one. I brought the same thing up a week or so ago.

Saw a youtube vid with the mid credit and end credit scene for T:TDW(I know I know I'm weak!) I like the look of what I saw pretty interesting wonder if there are more Easter eggs there.

That's an interesting possibility. Or maybe the Infinity Stones transform into the gems to fit on the gauntlet.

Could be; I like that idea for the sake of some semblance of cinematic continuity, rather than just tossing the Odin's Treasury scene from Thor out the window and saying, "Never happened."

The problem with that, as it's always been since the Gauntlet was first seen onscreen, is that you have to create a whole new backstory for that, and pretty much say that the Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet sagas happened in the MCU's distant past....i.e., it won't be something we'll see onscreen, except in flashbacks. It also presupposes that Odin and the Asgardians are well aware of Thanos' existence and power, and that Odin either defeated Thanos and took the Gauntlet from him, or obtained it by other means.

From what I can see, though, it looks like they *are* retconning that scene entirely and throwing it out, in favor of doing an actual Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet saga that will evolve over the course of several movies in the next few years. Meaning that Thanos won't actually create the Gauntlet until all six Stones have been gathered.

maybe some other elder gods/aliens attempted to forge the gauntlet in the past or maybe the stones are the sentient remains of some of these people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"