Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, 50 shades of grey has been moved to next year.:funny: Seems like the studio is afraid of the mouse.;)

No they aren't.

Actually, when 50 Shades of Grey moved, 2 movies took the August 1, 2014 release date.

Basic Math and Get on Up do not interfere with GOTG at all btw

Dude stop putting arbitrary stipulations on what marvel can or can not do. They can change whatever they like from the comics at this point. They have no obligation to honor certain plot points or character attributes that you find critical. This is a different universe. And the less familiar the ga is with certain stories and character the more freedom marvel has to go in a different direction. This is good thing.

Oh noes, someone else wants to collect the infinity gems! Heresy I tells ya!

Yep, it *is* heresy. Ever see how fandom gets out the torches and pitchforks whenever films screw with canon? A non-Thanos "Thanos Quest" would be considered as heretical as Cloud-Galactus, The Mandarin Twist, and Halle Berry's "Catwoman."

What's the point of referencing a major story arc in the comics if you're going to rewrite it into something entirely different? "Adaptation" means you take necessary liberties with the source material; not **** on it.

except, of course, when Galactus did it :o

After Thanos made it.
Yeah, there's plenty of copycats who reassembled the Gauntlet (or at least tried to) over the years in plots ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous, but the point being that Thanos is the first. The original. The Gauntlet is *iconic* to him, and every quasi-Gauntlet story told after IG still invariably features Thanos in the middle of it all. It's like Mjolnir to Thor, or the Shield to Cap --- yeah, different characters wield it from time to time, but it belongs to the iconic owner, and always will.

For those complaining that the mid credits scene looked cheap, once again you should probably stay home in August because thats a deliberate visual measure. Its on par with the leaked footage we got a few months back.

I disagree. I loved the Comic Con footage and thought it looked great. Not so with the mid credits scene. It's not the 'style' some of you are mentioning that bothers me, it's the bad props and unfinished look it had.
The CC footage was leaps and bounds better in production value, which is surprising considering it had only been about a month since production had started back then.

Well honestly, I didn't see much difference quality wise. Especially considering the Comic Con footage was like 90% action shots. We really didn't get any good looks at the non CGI characters.

I can't believe people are complaining about the quality of the mid credit sequence Gunn did. Someone posted something I believe in the Thor thread that explained that Gunn had to put that scene together in a matter of hours or something like two days. I'm sure GotG will look a lot better quality wise.

That's because people were expecting a CGI fest and explosions in a mid-credits scene.:o

No they aren't.

Actually, when 50 Shades of Grey moved, 2 movies took the August 1, 2014 release date.

Oh they're.:funny: What other major movie is releasing on that same date? Marvel is big right now and being backed by Disney solidifies that. No movie wants to go against a Marvel movie unless that movie is an established successful franchise like James Bond, Hunger games etc. Look at the numbers for Thor 2, who knew a second tier Marvel character would grow so popular now? As long as the MCU studio logo is there, people will go watch their films in theatres. Marvel has earned it despite what anyone else says otherwise.:woot:

Marvel%20Studios%20logo.jpg

tumblr_mdr1w9pcCz1qifa2a.gif

;)

Last edited:
That's because people were expecting a CGI fest and explosions in a mid-credits scene.:o

I was expecting something ominous, but not CGI heavy. Definitely not expecting a girl spray painted pink and walking funny.

I was expecting something ominous, but not CGI heavy. Definitely not expecting a girl spray painted pink and walking funny.

Too bad because you're gonna see a lot of that in GOTG. There will be a lot of weirdness in that movie:funny: But fair enough.:up:

It also didn't help that the mid credits scene came after the visually stunning movie that Thor 2: Electric Boogaloo was. It was a pretty sharp contrast in visual styles.

tumblr_inline_mkkwsiCylz1rz5wr9.gif

Moving on.:o How much screenntime do you guys think Thanos will have? Fiege did say he has more of a presence in this movie than he did in The Avengers.

Probably just some transmissions from deep space. or another astral projection like in avengers. With Ronan talking to thanos instead.

I disagree. I loved the Comic Con footage and thought it looked great. Not so with the mid credits scene. It's not the 'style' some of you are mentioning that bothers me, it's the bad props and unfinished look it had.
The CC footage was leaps and bounds better in production value, which is surprising considering it had only been about a month since production had started back then.

Well, the CC stuff would have been planned and scheduled first as to have it done and looking decent. Don't know when the mid credits scene was filmed. Was that when Thor was filming, or after?

Well, the CC stuff would have been planned and scheduled first as to have it done and looking decent. Don't know when the mid credits scene was filmed. Was that when Thor was filming, or after?

No idea.

I read somewhere here, after I saw it, that it had been filmed in just 2 hours. But I don't know when that was.

Moving on.:o How much screenntime do you guys think Thanos will have? Fiege did say he has more of a presence in this movie than he did in The Avengers.

About as much as the Emperor did in The Empire Strikes Back. The hologram talking to Ronan, Gamora, etc. We MIGHT see a full shot of Thanos late in the film, maybe the mid-credit scene.

The CC stuff is only partially made from footage that will be in the film. Gunn said some of it was stuff they threw together just for the teaser, including a stand-in for Nebula.

During the Thor red carpet interviews, Gunn said they got the script for the Thor mid-credits scene one morning and shot the scene after they finished filming for the day. He sounded like he was making excuses for how it looked, so I doubt the movie will look exactly like it did in that stinger. That being said, it probably won't look too much different. Gunn seems to really be taking a Galaxy Quest/5th Element route with the film, which is fine by me.

Well I had a really long post here but my phone died and deleted it haha, just about my feelings of how I hate sci fi movies but I'm super excited for this movie because of the Cast and the big picture McU stuff. Loved the mid credit scene due to Del Toro being awesome and weird. It's gunna be a fun movie for sure.

:funny:

So you guys think Thanos will just be in the shadows and we'll see glimpses of him during the film then a full reveal in a post credits scene like another poster speculated? Let's hope so.:D Do you think he'll have dialogue in this film?

Last edited:
It seems like he'll have a minor physical role but a major impact overall. I'm cool with that or if he's somehow heavily involved and they're just doing a really good job keeping it quiet.

I think we will see him in a couple scenes with Ronan like somebody already suggested. His presence will definitely be felt according to Feige. Can't wait.:D Do you guys think Gunn will water down some of the character's powers such as Drax and the Collctor?

Would be cool to see thanos destroying a planet. While communicating with ronan. I still find it weird though, Ronan working for thanos.

I bet Thanos will have some sort of Leverage on the Kree empire

I bet Thanos will have some sort of Leverage on the Kree empire

Or maybe the implication is that Thanos is Kree, or part-Kree --- say, Kree Deviant --- himself.

I'm thinking the main political background of GOTG involves the Kree. You've got Ronan listed as the Main Villain (that designation given by Gunn himself), with Korath as a henchy; both Yondu and Nebula are blue-skinned, and could be written into the MCU as Kree based on that alone; you've got Ophelia Lovibond showing up with bright pink skin --- Pink Kree?

The conflict might become as simple as Nova Corps vs. Kree Empire, ruled by Thanos; and Guardians caught in the middle of their war.

Oh they're.:funny: What other major movie is releasing on that same date? Marvel is big right now and being backed by Disney solidifies that. No movie wants to go against a Marvel movie unless that movie is an established successful franchise like James Bond, Hunger games etc. Look at the numbers for Thor 2, who knew a second tier Marvel character would grow so popular now? As long as the MCU studio logo is there, people will go watch their films in theatres. Marvel has earned it despite what anyone else says otherwise.:woot:

Or because they just had to recast their lead role and the film's original release date of August 1 is nine months away with no filming done.

Would be cool to see thanos destroying a planet. While communicating with ronan. I still find it weird though, Ronan working for thanos.

Well Ultimate Ronan was the son of Thanos and worked for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"