Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are hopeless. :o

I see what you did there.:o:meanie: Good one.:funny:

Which one?

Oh and by the way is it bad that I don't want them using the version of GOTG that they showed in Ultimate Spiderman... not that I have anything against the villain in that episode but I'd like to see them use the opportunity to turn that into something like Leverage but a bit more star wars than star wars if you know what I mean in addition to actually being good... well I can hope, can't I?:woot:

You don't get it do you.:cwink::funny:

Well who told Odin?

And then assume they either didn't tell him the truth or didn't know themselves...

The Dark Elf may have created a particular form for the Aether but that doesn't mean the force he used to empower it didn't come from some far older source you know like the Tesseract?

That glove seen in the first Thor movie does that count as another artefact in the Infinity Stone set?

I think Loki had the Aether given to the Collector since whilst having more than 1 infinity stone is considered bad news actually knowing who is after them and they now have two reasons to come after you next is much worse...

If say the elders of the universe of whom the Collector is one have any idea about the Infinity Stones wouldn't it make sense for them to want to keep the truth a secret since someone created that glove which suggests someone tried to assemble them before and whoever told Odin or whoever wrote that book apparently felt hiding the Tesseract on Midgard protected by an ancient order of human followers was proof against all barring the Red Skull...

So one hidden in Scandinavia, one hidden between realities, one hidden maybe with Warlock, what if someone left behind a means of locating the infinity stones and Peter Quill stumbled onto it...?

Just how closely linked are the Infinity Stones?

i guess odin's father bor told him.

here is what is interesting about the gauntlet in thor 1. it was right handed and in the avengers we see an ungloved right hand of thanos. so maybe he already lost it. even though the gauntlet is supposed to be a lefty. as a lefty i hope they aren't planning on making it a righty. but from the easter egg in thor 1 and the comic con gauntlet we saw it looks to be that way, unfortunately.

Don't bring logic into this.:argh::o
Actually the logic would dictate that these shows work on a quality and revenue level best when they appeal to both the younger and older age groups. Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Legend of Korra, Sponge Bob Squarepants, My Little Pony, Looney Tunes, etc.

Those are the best "kids" shows on television, and they are clearly made for all ages. I'd wager more teens and adults watch those shows then the 12 and under.

Last edited:
TWO gloves maybe?

We're assuming the one we've seen is the true artefact nothing says it is the actual one Thanos will be using... lord given the power sources are much bigger whose to say we might not see both gloves come into play?

Well it could explain how Warlock ends up wielding one of them against Thanos... could even have Loki trying to find out how it works so maybe the infinity stone he had passed to the Collector might have been used to charge something similar to the spear he used in the Avengers then he could use that to charge the glove he is after all the god of trickery and mischief...

TWO gloves maybe?

We're assuming the one we've seen is the true artefact nothing says it is the actual one Thanos will be using... lord given the power sources are much bigger whose to say we might not see both gloves come into play?

Well it could explain how Warlock ends up wielding one of them against Thanos... could even have Loki trying to find out how it works so maybe the infinity stone he had passed to the Collector might have been used to charge something similar to the spear he used in the Avengers then he could use that to charge the glove he is after all the god of trickery and mischief...

honestly the glove is nothing. that is just what thanos put the gems on. he could have easily have put them on his headpiece or shoe. the gauntlet has become iconic but really it was just what thanos placed them on.

Just a thought but what if the Aether given to the Collector by the Asgardians turns out to be a fake?

After all if that spear could be used to channel the energies of the Tesseract what if Loki took advantage and created a duplicate with the same energy signature of the Aether and had that handed over instead?

There's been talk here about the Collector not knowing what the Infinity Stones can do so what if Loki pulled a fast one specifically to throw off attention away from Asgard?

Probably not but I wondered what you would think about that?

Actually the logic would dictate that these shows work on a quality and revenue level best when they appeal to both the younger and older age groups. Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Legend of Korra, Sponge Bob Squarepants, My Little Pony, Looney Tunes, etc.

Those are the best "kids" shows on television, and they are clearly made for all ages. I'd wager more teens and adults watch those shows then the 12 and under.

I get what you're saying but It's Disney XD though...:csad: I was mostly talking about Ultimate Spiderman and avengers Assemble. Those shows sometimes insult your intelligence. The Spectacular Spider man and A: EMH were much better imo.

I get what you're saying but It's Disney XD though...:csad: I was mostly talking about Ultimate Spiderman and avengers Assemble. Those shows sometimes insult your intelligence. The Spectacular Spider man and A: EMH were much better imo.
I loved EMH. Not perfect, but it worked on many levels and was so much fun. Probably my favorite take on Wasp as well. I also actually enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man for what it is. I adore their take on Thor. Do not enjoy Avengers Assemble at all though.

Perhaps I miss understood your point, but I thought you were defending the creation of horrible television for little ones just because they are little. Hence agreeing with making "cartoons for kids".

I thought that bad argument died after Batman the Animated Series, and if it didn't, it most surely should have after The Last Airbender and Adventure Time.

Which one?

Oh and by the way is it bad that I don't want them using the version of GOTG that they showed in Ultimate Spiderman... not that I have anything against the villain in that episode but I'd like to see them use the opportunity to turn that into something like Leverage but a bit more star wars than star wars if you know what I mean in addition to actually being good... well I can hope, can't I?:woot:

I was making a joke referencing your name. :cwink:

I don't want them using that version either. Leave that universe behind and make an entirely new Guardians, but use those characters plus Groot.

I see what you did there.:o:meanie: Good one.:funny:

Haha! Yeah, man. :funny:

I loved EMH. Not perfect, but it worked on many levels and was so much fun. Probably my favorite take on Wasp as well. I also actually enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man for what it is. I adore their take on Thor. Do not enjoy Avengers Assemble at all though.

Perhaps I miss understood your point, but I thought you were defending the creation of horrible television for little ones just because they are little. Hence agreeing with making "cartoons for kids".

I thought that bad argument died after Batman the Animated Series, and if it didn't, it most surely should have after The Last Airbender and Adventure Time.

Maybe I should have been more clearer, I meant the Marvel cartoons on Disney xD, they all just dumbed down and are kinda crap. I expect the same with the rumoured GOTG cartoon. That Avengers Assemble cartoon is juts plain insutling. I stopped watching after 3 episodes bleh. These days when I pop over to Disney xD, I just see some of the dumbed down cartoons for kids (not a bad thing btw) but I like animated series like the Batman one, the spectacular Spider and Avengers;EMH. I havent watched Avatar and Adventure time. Are they any good?

I don't want them using that version either. Leave that universe behind and make an entirely new Guardians, but use those characters plus Groot.

:up: The guy didn't get it.:funny:

Shrug... wasn't sure if that was the intent as I was more confused about what was going on in this thread.

Still as long as its better, then there's nothing to disagree about.

Hmm... if they run to previous series formulas it should start off from right after the movie with the Fantastic 4 animated series that came after the last movie (I wasn't counting the attempted introduction of Galactus as inspiring that particular animated series) but the Iron Man & Friends at least is improving where Wolverine & Friends didn't get the extra season EMH did.

If the Collector survives the movie he'd make a good recurring villain for the GOTG animated series wouldn't he?

Don't fancy Nebula's chances but that doesn't mean we can't have her turn up as well... maybe hints of Thanos but do you think Ronan will escape Drax's clutches?

And maybe explain Peter Quill's past in a bit more detail...

Oh and hopefully explain where Warlock came from and maybe the other lady who was shown in that teaser from the end of the Dark World the one assumed to be Mantis?

Maybe I should have been more clearer, I meant the Marvel cartoons on Disney xD, they all just dumbed down and are kinda crap. I expect the same with the rumoured GOTG cartoon. That Avengers Assemble cartoon is juts plain insutling. I stopped watching after 3 episodes bleh. These days when I pop over to Disney xD, I just see some of the dumbed down cartoons for kids (not a bad thing btw) but I like animated series like the Batman one, the spectacular Spider and Avengers;EMH. I havent watched Avatar and Adventure time. Are they any good?
Ah, that makes more sense.

And yeah, I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is pretty great. But Adventure Time is one of my all time favorite... things. It started out pretty strong, but it matured incredibly well and become so much more now. Great writing, fantastic characters, clever use of music, and strong continuity. It also teaches little ones lessons without treating them like they are stupid.

Just a thought but what if the Aether given to the Collector by the Asgardians turns out to be a fake?

After all if that spear could be used to channel the energies of the Tesseract what if Loki took advantage and created a duplicate with the same energy signature of the Aether and had that handed over instead?

There's been talk here about the Collector not knowing what the Infinity Stones can do so what if Loki pulled a fast one specifically to throw off attention away from Asgard?

Probably not but I wondered what you would think about that?

it very well could have been a fake. being the collector and an elder of the universe you would think he could spot a fake. although in thanos quest he had no clue what his gem was, he thought it was a worthless piece of glass. so he probably could be given a fake and not know it.

Ah, that makes more sense.

And yeah, I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is pretty great. But Adventure Time is one of my all time favorite... things. It started out pretty strong, but it matured incredibly well and become so much more now. Great writing, fantastic characters, clever use of music, and strong continuity. It also teaches little ones lessons without treating them like they are stupid.

I'm gonna start watching them. :woot: Somebody here on these forums suggested I check out Game of Thrones and I'm now hooked.:csad:After The Last Air Bender film *shrugs* I lost interest in watching the show. If it's as good as you say, then I'll take your word for it. If it's not:jedi:o

I'm gonna start watching them. :woot: Somebody here on these forums suggested I check out Game of Thrones and I'm now hooked.:csad:After The Last Air Bender film *shrugs* I lost interest in watching the show. If it's as good as you say, then I'll take your word for it. If it's not:jedi:o
3 more months until GoT... but at least Justified starts next week. :cool:

it very well could have been a fake. being the collector and an elder of the universe you would think he could spot a fake. although in thanos quest he had no clue what his gem was, he thought it was a worthless piece of glass. so he probably could be given a fake and not know it.
The comics are not a good place to look for such information. It seems those who are the elder statesmen in the universe seem to know and understand what the Stones are.

3 more months until GoT... but at least Justified starts next week. :cool:

The comics are not a good place to look for such information. It seems those who are the elder statesmen in the universe seem to know and understand what the Stones are.

:csad: Too far away

I'm on the second season right now though.:D Well half way through it.

do you mean the elder statesmen in the movies? anyway right now all i have to fall back on is the comics since there is no new information out yet. also the comics are used as reference, being the source material. so whether any tiny bit of the source material is used or not, and no matter how much the movie differs from the comics, we know it started with the comics. so we know the filmakers looked or skimmed the source material and can speculate based on that source.

do you mean the elder statesmen in the movies? anyway right now all i have to fall back on is the comics since there is no new information out yet. also the comics are used as reference, being the source material. so whether any tiny bit of the source material is used or not, and no matter how much the movie differs from the comics, we know it started with the comics. so we know the filmakers looked or skimmed the source material and can speculate based on that source.
Yes, the elder statesmen in the movies. Odin, The Collector, Malekith.

And here is my problem. We have a good amount of information in this topic, but it seems some might want to ignore it and hope it turns out to not be "true". Mainly so it can "fit" the comics.

There is not one reason to think that Odin doesn't know exactly what the Tesseract and Aether are. Odin used the Tesseract to repair the bifrost. The Asgardians know how to use the Tesseract to teleport across the universe. Sif and Volstagg called them the Infinity Stones. The Collector knows there are six. Odin tells us that Malekith created the Aether. We are told that the Dark Elves predate the universe.

Why ignore this?

Yes, the elder statesmen in the movies. Odin, The Collector, Malekith.

And here is my problem. We have a good amount of information in this topic, but it seems some might want to ignore it and hope it turns out to not be "true". Mainly so it can "fit" the comics.

There is not one reason to think that Odin doesn't know exactly what the Tesseract and Aether are. Odin used the Tesseract to repair the bifrost. The Asgardians know how to use the Tesseract to teleport across the universe. Sif and Volstagg called them the Infinity Stones. The Collector knows there are six. Odin tells us that Malekith created the Aether. We are told that the Dark Elves predate the universe.

Why ignore this?

Even if they are indeed changing the origin of the stones for the films, why would the Elves create the Aether but not the other five? And where does the "Infinity Stone" subtitle come from?

Even if they are indeed changing the origin of the stones for the films, why would the Elves create the Aether but not the other five? And where does the "Infinity Stone" subtitle come from?
In story? Well perhaps because they all of infinite power. As for stones, a generic term that can just about fit all the different objects.

As to why the Elves created the Aether and not the other objects, I am not sure. But if I had to guess, I'd say we are going to find out that ancient races like the Dark Elves are responsible for each Stone. Perhaps using now long lost energy sources to create them. Afterall either the Asgardians created or were entrusted with the Tesseract at some point. They are the ones who hid it on Earth.

Also, I do think the gems will come into play, possibly as the original energy sources. My favorite idea id that Thanos will construct the Gems to house the energy of each of the Stones, allowing him to wield all six at the same time.

I can see him dumping all the Stones on the floor with a big grin on his face as he marvels at his gauntlet.

I'm more than willing and happy to wait and see what the Infinity stones are and do, I can't believe that people want all the answers now. (Well, yes I can, it is the Hype after all lol)

But I'll continue carrying on as I have all along and wait for everything to pan out on screen in front of me, rather than killing myself needing to know the answers of things we probably won't fully see or understand until Avengers 3.

Patience my brothers and sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back