Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

I honestly can't believe the discussion is still going on, myself. Good lawd.

2. TeeKay Registered

I know right? I thought people would have moved on by now. We need the trailer Goddammit so that all this Aether and Dark Elves nonsense can stop. I'm actually sick of it now at this point!:whatever:

3. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

I know it's Infinity Stone talk, but can't this dicussion go to a board I rarely visit anymore? Like the Thor: TDW board? It belongs there. :funny:

4. TeeKay Registered

Yes this.:up: Marvel needs to release that trailer. How long do you think the trailer will be? Do you think it's a teaser or a full length trailer?

5. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

oh for gandal's sake, it's not a plot hole. it just hasn't been explained. even you must realize that there's a difference.

6. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

This, after how many pages of people in this thread *****ing about the Mandarin Twist for the nth time....? (It's like the Hype's own version of Godwin's Law....no thread, no matter how unrelated, can escape a flamewar about IM3.)

The Infinity Stones, The Collector, the TDW post-credit scene, the Aether, the Dark Elves, Asgard, Thanos.....all of this is germane to issues in GOTG. You don't want to participate in the discussion, fine; but don't try to direct traffic elsewhere. Talk about something else that's also relevant.

7. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

I think it'll be a full-length trailer. Hopefully as long as the Cap trailer so at least 2 minutes. But then again the TDW was a bit over 1:30 minutes, so there's no telling what the GOTG span will be.

8. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

Okay, just a suggestion.

9. Pokkle Registered

In Thor: The Dark World with sthe story of the Dark elves

10. TeeKay Registered

Yeah and Spider Fan came in and he said if he had been present during those arguments, he would have been throwing around infractions and bans. The place had cool down until some of y'all decided to bring the whole Malekith and the Aether issue up again.

Fair enough but at this point it's beating a dead horse. You keep questioning some things that were truly cleared up in the film because you weren't paying attention. This discussion you guys are having is going nowhere, you're just going around in circles. Chasing your own tails basically. I'll wait and see how it all plays out in GOTG.:rolleyes:

I think it will be a full length trailer, Marvel has to promote the hell out of this film if they want it to succeed. This is their biggest gamble yet and the marketing and promotion will be full on.

#935 TeeKay, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  11. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Pretty sure that a lot of those promises of the banhammer were aimed at you as well for the way you continue to insult, belittle and ridicule people who don't share your opinion about things, with all your silly gifs and facepalms.

Again, we're discussing elements that are relevant to this very thread. TDW is relevant to GOTG; The Mandarin Twist isn't. As long as we try to keep the discourse civil and act like grownups, everybody will be fine. But when people like you come in and start trashing people's opinions and start flaming them instead of opting for rational discussion, you're not going to have a good time.

12. Broseph44 Witness Me

But gifs and face palms are fun :woot: And on these boards they def come in handy with most of the members we have here.

13. TeeKay Registered

Yes and did I ever deny it? Nope. I wasn't the only one in that discussion, somebody else brought it up and a lot of us were talking about it. And how the hell was I ridiculing, insulting and belittle people who don't share the same opinion as me? I always use gifs in my discussions, i don't see what the problem is here. For the record, I was only using gifs with The PowerCosmic and we're buddies. If he was insulted he would have told me. I don't recall using any gifs against somebody who didn't share the same opinion as me.

What?:confused::dry: I don't understand.

14. Whiskey Tango Registered

You will find that things like fun and good cheer enrage many people hereabouts.

15. Broseph44 Witness Me

Oh I've fully realized that trust me :cwink: haha

16. TeeKay Registered

So what do you guys expect to see in the trailer? I personally hope we get a full clear look at Ronan in the trailer.:D

17. Broseph44 Witness Me

I'd love to get a glimpse of Ronan for sure.

18. TeeKay Registered

Do you think we'll hear Cooper's RR talking in the trailer?

19. Broseph44 Witness Me

That's something else I was wondering as well. If we might hear very quickly Rocket and Groot. I wanna see more of Quill too. I love Chris Pratt. That shot of him in the comic con trailer with his shirt off and his head kinda down breathing heavily. So good he really looks great in this role.

20. TeeKay Registered

That shot was for the ladies.;):awesome: He looked pretty cut though. Props to him.:woot:

21. Smooth4LIF Registered

Glad the subject's a bit more back on track. Although I still feel like discussing the Gauntlet/gems/stones is relevant, :yay:

I'm also anxious to hear what they're going to sound like, and how much of Cooper and Diesel we'll be able to get out of it. I've got a feeling that Groot will be more distinguishable as Diesel. You could make an argument that Cooper shouldn't use an accent so people can actually tell it's him, but if the marketing is done a certain way, he can use as strong of an accent as he wants (if one is used at all).

22. Broseph44 Witness Me

Oh I know it was for the ladies haha :oldrazz: but as a guy I thought he looked pretty badass in that shot. And as a parks and rec fan it's great to see him get in shape for the role. He seems like a great dude.

23. Broseph44 Witness Me

Disregard haha

#948 Broseph44, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  24. TeeKay Registered

It was a badass shot.:D

Umm dude, that's bootleg footage. You can't post that here.

25. Broseph44 Witness Me

Yeah I forgot, fixed :dry: lame rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.