Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are rules, you must follow them no matter how lame they are.:o But yeah that was a badass shot!:D

I know good sir, just stating my feeling at this moment haha. But yeah if Gunn says that more was done to Rocket and that he does look a bit different I'm excited to see. Because he already looks great.

I know good sir, just stating my feeling at this moment haha. But yeah if Gunn says that more was done to Rocket and that he does look a bit different I'm excited to see. Because he already looks great.

And that SDCC footage looked glorious. The effects for Rocket looked finished to me.

I'm hoping they keep that Blue Swede song in the official trailer that gets released. Obviously remixed to fit, but still, it fits so well into the tone of how this movie should be. As a huge fan of Fifth Element, if it's even got half the tone, I'll be very happy.

And that SDCC footage looked glorious. The effects for Rocket looked finished to me.

Same here so I'm sure anything else being done will prob only make him look that much better.

I watched Pitch Black and Riddick for the first time this weekend. It solidified my opinion that Vin Diesel should never be allowed anywhere near the role of Thanos. Let him be Groot and Black Bolt. He's perfect for it.

Cool fan made poster.:D:up:

1554528_646795282028440_371383918_n.jpg

Yes and did I ever deny it? Nope. I wasn't the only one in that discussion, somebody else brought it up and a lot of us were talking about it. And how the bad place was I ridiculing, insulting and belittle people who don't share the same opinion as me? I always use gifs in my discussions, i don't see what the problem is here. For the record, I was only using gifs with The PowerCosmic and we're buddies. If he was insulted he would have told me. I don't recall using any gifs against somebody who didn't share the same opinion as me.

What?:confused::dry: I don't understand.

Well, you did say numerous times that some certain people weren't paying attention, and were speaking in a insulting manner, simply rooted in the fact that their opinions..key word OPINIONS were in the minority.

That's one thing I don't like about this place. If your opinion differs from the majority, or if the majority doesn't like it, you aren't taken seriously as a poster. An opinion, that may be influenced by a bit of bias is not a good judge of character.

Rules are rules, you must follow them no matter how lame they are.:o But yeah that was a badass shot!:D

Yeah, lol except I wouldn't exactly call it lame, since bootlegging is illegal, in fact, I'd say it's a pretty appropriate rule lol

Cool fan made poster.:D:up:

1554528_646795282028440_371383918_n.jpg

thought it was real for a second

Well, you did say numerous times that some certain people weren't paying attention, and were speaking in a insulting manner, simply rooted in the fact that their opinions..key word OPINIONS were in the minority.

That's one thing I don't like about this place. If your opinion differs from the majority, or if the majority doesn't like it, you aren't taken seriously as a poster. An opinion, that may be influenced by a bit of bias is not a good judge of character.

Because they were questioning things that were clearly explained in the film. For example, Malekith creating the Aether and questioning if the Aether was an infinity stone or not. There were some 'people' here who were saying he didn't create it. That simply showed that they weren't paying attention when watching the film.

Look, I'm sorry if I insulted anyone in any of my posts.

Anyone need a hug? I'm more than happy to help out, in a great mood lately despite all the snow and low temps :)

So... What to talk about now? How about the planets we might see. I hope for some planet hopping. I would like to see any kree controlled world or kree populated world. Some kree logos would be cool as well. Maybe we see spartoi.

I really don't know what to expect.. I'm excited to see different alien races and what they look like, different cosmic-y things that we haven't seen in the MCU yet like futuristic technology and cool spaceships (kinda like super Tony tech and things like we saw in Malekiths ships, the core team is really interesting to me as well and how they'll all interact since while similar in a team aspect to the Acengers they all seem very, very different in personalities clashing and stuff, I want (need) to see something sweet out of Thanos even of its just one epic scene lol, also how this will relate to what we've seen on Earth so far (have they been monitoring events pre or post IM, is there actually a shield consult out there informing Earth of cosmic things as well?)

It's the most intriguing Marvel movie this far to me, Cap has me really interested on all the Earth side and what's going on currently post Avengers and forward but Guardians had me interested on what, if anything, has effected the universe or galaxy or whatever.

So... What to talk about now? How about the planets we might see. I hope for some planet hopping. I would like to see any kree controlled world or kree populated world. Some kree logos would be cool as well. Maybe we see spartoi.

I would love a few passages of narration explaining Kree history, illustrated by footage of Kree armies and fleets conquering worlds and massed ranks of soldiers marching in formation. I would further love to see Hala and maybe even a shot of the Supreme Intelligence. I would DIE.

Kree bring in Captain Mavel and Ms. Marvel correct? But if my memory of EmH serves correct they're both generally on Earth when discovered right? Do the Kree offer anything else beside the Kree v Skrull War? And are both parties "bad guys" to us on Earth?

Kree bring in Captain Mavel and Ms. Marvel correct? But if my memory of EmH serves correct they're both generally on Earth when discovered right? Do the Kree offer anything else beside the Kree v Skrull War? And are both parties "bad guys" to us on Earth?

The Kree are also tied to the Inhumans and their Terrigen Mists

The Kree are also tied to the Inhumans and their Terrigen Mists

Cool, care to elaborate how to a non comic guy and so I don't have to read Wikipedia pages lol. Also the Inhumans are on the moon correct?

Cool, care to elaborate how to a non comic guy and so I don't have to read Wikipedia pages lol. Also the Inhumans are on the moon correct?

Ok so, in Marvel Universe (comics) a lot of alien species came to earth to mess around with life here even when it was in it's infancy. There's a race of god-like gigantic aliens called Celestials and they started experimenting with early humans because they saw potential in our genetics. Out of their experimentation came the Eternals and the Deviants. Flash forward some time and the Kree have set up a base of operation in our solar system (Uranus I think), because our system serves as a strategic outpost in their war with the Skrulls (this is not the first time the Kree and Skrull have been in our solar system... if you want more info on that let me know). In surveying our system they notice that Earth has been visited by the Celestials and see they've done their genetic experimentation. The Kree decide to do something similar in the hopes of creating a race of soldiers they could probably use. So they come to earth and also experiment with early humans. The result is the Inhumans. The Kree abandon their project because their Supreme Intelligence tells them they have to and the Inhumans are left alone and they build their civilization, using technology and knowledge they received from the Kree.

Also, no, at that time the Inhumans were not on the Moon. The Blue Area of the Moon is actually something much older than the Inhumans, but that too is linked to the Kree and the Skrulls.

Last edited:
Ah that's sweet, thanks!

I love how, when it's boiled down, like everything connects in one way or the other. There's such a vast history that's barely even been touched cinematically. I'm glad to be experiencing this stuff for the first time because I know, when done right as it has so far, there's so much awesomeness out there.

I like that I don't get worked up over lots of things I see people get miffed about here because in my eyes it's all worked so far. The minor details or changes from the comics don't bug me, and I'm always willing to wait and see what can or will happen because I've never seen the stories before.

It's sure going to be fun goin forward!

because our system serves as a strategic outpost in their war with the Skrulls (this is not the first time the Kree and Skrull have been in our solar system... if you want more info on that let me know).

Following up on this a bit, there is a stargate near our sun that is of very important strategic value to various star-faring races, particularly the Kree and Shi'ar. Our proximity to this has led to our unintentional involvement in various interstellar conflicts over the years, particularly Galactic Storm.

@mkilban2 I know you said no wiki articles, but if you get a chance to collect this story I recommend it. It's one of my favorites.
Vol. 1
Vol. 2

Last edited:
Cool, I'll do some wiki reading since for whatever reason I cannot get into reading comics themselves. I've tried downloading and reading like crossover events and the respective solo books that go with them, but I just get bored and can't keep going lol. I just love knowing that there's so much out there that I'm ignorant to but will hopefully have the chance to see on screen.

Also, just for further education on the Kree and so you don't have to go dig for it:
The Skrulls of the distant past were very different from their current state. They were a very advanced and peaceful race, focused mainly on exploration. The Kree on the other hand were aggressive war mongers, not quite as advanced as the Skrulls. They are both contacted by an even more advanced race (I forget their name) and told that they'd be tested to see which civilization would be worthy of receiving a gift (I think it was the more advanced race's technology). For this 'test' the Skrulls and Kree are brought to our solar system. This other race creates an area of breathable atmosphere in Earth's Moon (The Blue Area of the Moon). They are told to make something with the space they are given, for which they would be judged.
The Kree build an impressive city. The Skrulls build a massive garden.
Upon inspection, the Skrulls are declared the winners, but the Kree refuse to accept this. They retaliate against the aliens that had brought them here and actually manage to take over their ship. They destroy the Skrull contigent and their work and return to their home planet, where they use the knowlege they acquire from the more advanced species ship to build their star-spanning empire... and they launch their war against the Skrull, furthering the retaliation on the perceived "insult" of the Skrull garden having been chosen instead of the "superior" Kree city. It is the Kree's war mongering that changes the Skrulls into the "villains" we perceive them to be in main Marvel timeline.

Last edited:
Cool, I'll do some wiki reading since for whatever reason I cannot get into reading comics themselves. I've tried downloading and reading like crossover events and the respective solo books that go with them, but I just get bored and can't keep going lol. I just love knowing that there's so much out there that I'm ignorant to but will hopefully have the chance to see on screen.

That's cool. Part of the reason I'm so excited about GotG is that it will hopefully introduce a lot of the cosmic/spacefaring side of Marvel, much of which is very cool and creative. I think about stuff like seeing the Celestials onscreen and just SQUEEEE! It's one of the main reasons why I'd like Marvel Studios to get the Fantastic Four back. Fox is never going to explore stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"