Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow such great stuff. So basically if I'm reading things correctly: the races of Kree, Skrull, Shiar, are all at times against each other for gains of their own and we have to intervene in these things because they threaten humanity as a whole.

It seems like there are a lot of cool story's that have been played out and could be translated cinematically.

Yup, and those are the super powers.
Then you have others like the Badoons, the Brood, The Dire Wraiths (supernatural offshoots of the Skrulls) and the Technarchy/Phalanx.
They talk smack about Earth, but our little corner of the cosmos is a focal point.
In part it's because of what Whiskey mentioned. But lately it's been more about the beings that Earth has spawned and how they've had such a major impact in Universal history: Jean Grey, The Inhumans, The Fantastic Four, etc.

oooooh Dire Wraiths are creepy as bad place, 'specially their X-Men appearances in the 80's. John Romita Jr was a big part of making those guys memorable. Well for me, anyway.

JNjJXMI.jpg

Because they were questioning things that were clearly explained in the film. For example, Malekith creating the Aether and questioning if the Aether was an infinity stone or not. There were some 'people' here who were saying he didn't create it. That simply showed that they weren't paying attention when watching the film.

Look, I'm sorry if I insulted anyone in any of my posts.

Well, no it doesn't. Everything isn't at face value, we've learned that at this point. There's a lot of deception going on, both movies of phase 2 have shown it.

People were speculating on whether or not we got the full story. I don't buy that Malekith created an infinity gem either. Please explain to me how that is not paying attention.

The fact of the matter is that we have no idea what the infinity stones are, they certainly don't fit in the gauntlet. For all we know, the energies of these gems could exist, somehow left the gems, and were put into these stones. Malekith could have come across the energy of one of these gems, and tried to create a weapon out of it.

He may have created the Aether, but I don't think he created an infinity gem because the stones more than likely aren't what make up the IG. I think he used the energy of it to make a weapno, or a holder of the energy, the Aether. Sure, it may be an "infinity stone", but a lot of people seem to be taking it as he created an artifact that Thanos will plan on using in the IG, which to others seems just wrong....it may be. I bet the energy of the Aether wasn't created by Malekith.

Now go ahead and tell me that I wasn't paying attention. Cause I was. Again, no need to insult people because they see things differently than the majority. It's childish, and you have no right to judge someone's thinking process just because from your POV it would appear they didn't pay attention.

Last edited:
oooooh Dire Wraiths are creepy as bad place, 'specially their X-Men appearances in the 80's. John Romita Jr was a big part of making those guys memorable. Well for me, anyway.

JNjJXMI.jpg

Yessir

Their invasion was much more impactful for me than the Ultimate's Chitauri.

Well, no it doesn't. Everything isn't at face value, we've learned that at this point. There's a lot of deception going on, both movies of phase 2 have shown it.

People were speculating on whether or not we got the full story. I don't buy that Malekith created an infinity gem either. Please explain to me how that is not paying attention.

I never said you weren't. I was just going with what I know so far and what was said in the film. If you don't believe that Malekith didn't create the Infinity gem, then ok. I git no problem with that.:yay:

The fact of the matter is that we have no idea what the infinity stones are, they certainly don't fit in the gauntlet. For all we know, the energies of these gems could exist, somehow left the gems, and were put into these stones. Malekith could have come across the energy of one of these gems, and tried to create a weapon out of it.

Things are different in the MCU. The Aether and the Tesseract were called Infinity stones by the Collector. And yes we don't know the full story but my point was that there were people who were going out of their way saying Malekith didn't create the Aether. Those were the people I said weren't paying attention. I don't know if that was an insult to them but if is was, I apologized in my previous post.

He may have created the Aether, but I don't think he created an infinity gem because the stones more than likely aren't what make up the IG. I think he used the energy of it to make a weapno, or a holder of the energy, the Aether. Sure, it may be an "infinity stone", but a lot of people seem to be taking it as he created an artifact that Thanos will plan on using in the IG, which to others seems just wrong....it may be. I bet the energy of the Aether wasn't created by Malekith.

I don't understand this.

Now go ahead and tell me that I wasn't paying attention. Cause I was. Again, no need to insult people because they see things differently than the majority. It's childish, and you have no right to judge someone's thinking process just because from your POV it would appear they didn't pay attention.

:dry:

Last edited:
I don't understand this.

He meant the Aether was likely weaponized by Malekith (maybe in the way it reacts to a host, and how it seems to call on Malekith), but whatever it is made of probably existed in some form before.

He meant the Aether was likely weaponized by Malekith (maybe in the way it reacts to a host, and how it seems to call on Malekith), but whatever it is made of probably existed in some form before.

:up: Wasn't it made entirely out of darkness matter?

I don't think they were that detailed in the description, but it can't be dark matter alone, because the thing actually 'behaved'.

Last edited:
Thank you for the last couple of pages explaining how the Kree/Inhumans/Eternals/etc. are connected in the MCU. I tried reading the Wiki articles, but BIG WALL OF TEXT gives me a headache and it doesn't really boil it down to the finer points.

I would love an expansion to the cosmic/weird side of things in the Marvel Universe. Really have high hopes for GOTG to introduce it.

I don't think they were that detailed in the description, but it can't be dark matter alone, because the thing actually 'behaved'.

Odin said Malekith created the Aether out of darkness. He never said how. I want to see if the Aether and the Tesseract are referenced in GOTG.

Hmmm Odin did narrate that he forged it but he also said that it and the elves were destroyed. Clearly he was wrong about many things

I never said you weren't. I was just going with what I know so far and what was said in the film. If you don't believe that Malekith didn't create the Infinity gem, then ok. I git no problem with that.:yay:

Things are different in the MCU. The Aether and the Tesseract were called Infinity stones by the Collector. And yes we don't know the full story but my point was that there were people who were going out of their way saying Malekith didn't create the Aether. Those were the people I said weren't paying attention. I don't know if that was an insult to them but if is was, I apologized in my previous post.

I don't understand this.

:dry:

Sorry for attacking you Tee. No love lost. We'll let it go. I think there is more to the infinity stuff. The stones don't fit in a glove, and in the infinity gauntlet, there ARE gems, so there is something going on with that. Malekith didn't create an infinity gem. He may have found the energy, and weaponized it, etc.

Exactly what I was trying to say

:up: Wasn't it made entirely out of darkness matter?

They weren't descriptive, and there are definitely things going on, regarding mind games and deception. Both phase 2 movies have had a bit of classical conditioning. Call my crazy, but Marvel Studios is playing a sort of psychological game right now. Both movies have a lot of deception, and I am pretty sure we're being conditioned to be thinking a certain way.. I think that the tesseract contains energy of the space gem, and that the aether was forged from the energy of the...whatever gem lol.

Hmmm Odin did narrate that he forged it but he also said that it and the elves were destroyed. Clearly he was wrong about many things

Exactly.

Sorry for attacking you Tee. No love lost. We'll let it go. I think there is more to the infinity stuff. The stones don't fit in a glove, and in the infinity gauntlet, there ARE gems, so there is something going on with that. Malekith didn't create an infinity gem. He may have found the energy, and weaponized it, etc.

Exactly what I was trying to say

They weren't descriptive, and there are definitely things going on, regarding mind games and deception. Both phase 2 movies have had a bit of classical conditioning. Call my crazy, but Marvel Studios is playing a sort of psychological game right now. Both movies have a lot of deception, and I am pretty sure we're being conditioned to be thinking a certain way.. I think that the tesseract contains energy of the space gem, and that the aether was forged from the energy of the...whatever gem lol.

Exactly.

:up:

The fact of the matter is that we have no idea what the infinity stones are, they certainly don't fit in the gauntlet.

My only guess is that when someone has the Gauntlet on the stones change size to fit in it. Similar to how the one ring in LotR shrunk a bit to hit Isildur's finger and I think Frodo's as well. Other than that possibility, I'm not sure how else they would do it.

I would love a few passages of narration explaining Kree history, illustrated by footage of Kree armies and fleets conquering worlds and massed ranks of soldiers marching in formation. I would further love to see Hala and maybe even a shot of the Supreme Intelligence. I would DIE.
that would be awesome. maybe with ronan in the movie we will get a little backstory of the kree. the best part of this movie is going to see the universe. we get a peek with thor, but that is within the nine realms. now we are going to be in the entire galaxy. i just hope we get an inkling of the aliens out there. maybe the nova corps will give the explanation. sort of a briefing for the corps. or if the time gem is in the movie then quill will just see the history of various empires.

I want some nod or mention of Mar-Vell. If it happens, Gunn will reach Whedon levels of awesome with me.

what if we see some kree sentries. maybe ronan has a couple with him. this is what i'm curious about. if there are kree. will the kree be old school, or the ultimate version. not sure which i prefer now. the morphing tech seems cool, i dig protectors look, and i still like the old green and white kree. so maybe a mixture of all 3. a green and white protector with morphing weapons.

has there been some leaked image of Ronan or any other Kree? I'm curious what they'll look like.

^I was worried at 1st as well because I am currently living in Australia, but by then I will be back in the UK anyway because my visa runs out June 15th.

^I was worried at 1st as well because I am currently living in Australia, but by then I will be back in the UK anyway because my visa runs out June 15th.

So you get to see the film a week early before it opens in the U.S.:awesome: I get to see it before it even opens in the U.K.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"