Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bfYuHrl.png

This sucks. Real news plz.

I'm man. I'm mistake and sorry that I'm live... :whatever:

The Watcher's dead in the comics? Well, snap.

So I saw the comments about Gunn wanting to make this movie similar to pulpy 1950's scifi stuff. I guess I wouldn't mind nods, but for a whole movie to play like that ...... I dunno. Whenever I've seen those movies, the've been very claustrophobic feeling and that's the vibe I got when I saw the Tivan credit scene in T:TDW.

So I saw the comments about Gunn wanting to make this movie similar to pulpy 1950's scifi stuff. I guess I wouldn't mind nods, but for a whole movie to play like that ...... I dunno. Whenever I've seen those movies, the've been very claustrophobic feeling and that's the vibe I got when I saw the Tivan credit scene in T:TDW.

What do you mean by "claustrophobic"? You talking about too many small sets? Or just the isolation of everything happening in one place?

Small sets for me. It feels cheap and not cinematic. I don't want to see something I can come up with on my own in the garage.

Darth Vader vs. Star-Lord. Oh yes.

[YT]zz2mMZ_xOKo[/YT]

Oh dear you'll have to excuse me still getting over that video, been a while since I laughed that much!:woot:

So Chris Pratt has found a way to avoid being cut in half?

By stripping no less!:wow:

My nephew has that game I'll have to ask him what he thought about the game but I'll probably not mention about the trailer even if only so my sister doesn't go ballistic on me for telling him about it!

Im okay with a bit of the 50's pulpy vibe as long as the movie doesnt look like a bts set video from This Island Earth a la that godawful mid-credits teaser Gunn directed for T:TDW.

Oldskool vibe = good. Cheap-looking Dr. Who circa 1980 aesthetic = bad. But with Feige and Whedon supervising Im not really worried. And Gunn has proven that he can do comedy/horror/action/pathos with his past projects. Still uber-psyched for this thing.

Been kind of dead in here. I sketched a movie version of groot. Added some color then animated it. Made a gif.

zsfz.gif

Hopefully the Watcher will be seen in the Guardians movies.

I think they should stick to mentioning him for now. His appearance would be more appropriate for when Thanos inevitably assembles the Gauntlet. Either way, I have my doubts as to whether he'll feature at all.

Darth Vader vs. Star-Lord. Oh yes.

[YT]zz2mMZ_xOKo[/YT]

See that video is why anyone not familiar with Chris Pratt is going to grow to like him so much. The guy is just so freakin' entertaining.

From vietnamese(?) page: The runtime is 110 min?

bfYuHrl.png

It's Vietnamese.

To translate:

Director: James Gunn
Starring: Well you know

Not sure what it says after that, although I think it's "Genre" because Phim is Vietnamese for Film.

American Film
Run time: 110 minutes
Year of release: 2014

The superbowl being on February 2nd is only 3 weeks away. Expect the trailer to likely debut in front of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The Captain America sequel is being released on April 4th in the USA. This date would more likely fit the couple of months description.
This doesn't make sense. April is only 4 months before the movie comes out. Marvel always releases first trailers 6 months before hand. Gunn is probably just playing/over exaggerated. I'm almost 100% we will get a trailer sometime in February, whether that be during the Superb Owl or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"