Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bashing the comics, eh? I'm not going to continue to argue with you because you aren't budging and I'm not.

The hopefully by the time the movie is over, or maybe in a sequel or whenever we see the Guardians again, they'll look better. They are a team and should look like a team.

The look I'm talking about for Star-Lord involves more blue. I'm not going to come on here and question and bash you for your views or opinions. So why do you feel the need to do so? What exactly is your problem with me stating mine?

Probably because you, like many on here, are being complete jerks.

I just don't understand why you would bash someone for their ideas or opinions. It makes no sense. Aren't we all supposed to be united by our love of the material?
lol. If you think everyone is being a jerk to you then obviously there's a pattern and you're at the center of it. There's a difference between posting well thought out, coherent opinions and posting complete horse**** kneejerk whining that no one is interested in dealing with for pages on end. You say Ronan's costume is bad and not comic accurate based purely off the fact that it's not green. That statement is factually wrong and is absurd on its face. Now you say you don't like Star-Lord's costume because it's not blue enough.

Apparently ****ing color is all that matters to you with these costumes. lol. If it were up to you we could color coordinate these characters into their groups. But thankfully, Marvel has people that understand that every character cannot look the damn same or the movie will look cheap and not well thought out, and lazy. If color and how supposedly comic accurate these costumes are is the only thing you're going to base your opinion of them on then maybe this movie isn't even for you, because obviously creativity isn't something you admire.

A Peter Quill figure WITH Chris Pratt's voice!!! GIVE EET TO MEEEEE!!!

Why can't I have a Captain America figure with Chris Evans' voice?! Or Iron Man with RDJ's??? :( :( :(

Pratt recorded his lines for the toy on set. Hasbro sent people over there and he did it in his down time. Didn't even get paid for it. Hero

Oh look, a black guy as a Dark Elf

680x478

And another black guy as an Asgardian

thor-trailer-4.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I'm really happy they're establishing that there are different races in a lot of these alien species. Offers nice diversity and makes them all feel cosmicly related to humans

Ok, enough of this mess, agree to disagree gents and move on.

Oh look, a black guy as a Dark Elf

680x478

And another black guy as an Asgardian

thor-trailer-4.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I'm really happy they're establishing that there are different races in a lot of these alien species. Offers nice diversity and makes them all feel cosmicly related to humans

You sir, are dead on.

tumblr_m37l2kbHzI1qihztbo1_400.gif

Jesus guys, we're getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. A Guardians. Of the Galaxy. Movie. With a great cast, a huge budget, and a story that's interconnected to a large cinematic universe. That, in and of itself, is triumphant for every comics fan.

Jesus guys, we're getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. A Guardians. Of the Galaxy. Movie. With a great cast, a huge budget, and a story that's interconnected to a large cinematic universe. That, in and of itself, is triumphant for every comics fan.

tumblr_lqgioyYnyX1qe94v1.gif

Not to mention our first really full blown MCU cosmic film. So pumped. :word:

Yeah, that alone is amazing in itself. The fact they've went above and beyond to keep it as close to the comics as makes sense is just absolutely fantastic. Not to mention they've really given a unique aesthetic to this movie, which is what I was hoping for and expecting. Those ships look awesome, they don't look like generic silver slabs like Star Wars, Star Trek, and any number of sci-fi movies that just copy off of those. They're colorful and funky. We've never seen anything like it in a Hollywood movie. And the space pirate vibe the Guardians have going is awesome.

Tuesday literally can't get here fast enough, I'm tired of my friends looking confused every time I bring up GOTG.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of doing the same anytime I bring up GOTG or they ask about it. A few of them even remember when I showed them the hardcovers I bought way back when they first became available for purchase.

I'm so pumped for this movie I can't believe it, despite being a huge X-Men and Spidey fan I feel excited for GOTG the most. I need more Space Adventure in this 21st century...

I don't understand how this:
D1UIm81.jpg

Equals that:
Annihilation_Ronan_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

You don't understand how a large, muscular, blue-skinned man in a hooded tunic wielding a giant hammer equals a large, muscular blue-skinned man in a hooded tunic wielding a giant hammer?

Pratt recorded his lines for the toy on set. Hasbro sent people over there and he did it in his down time. Didn't even get paid for it. Hero
Actually he does. Things like the toy stuff are probably included in his contract. It's part of the whole gig.

You don't understand how a large, muscular, blue-skinned man in a hooded tunic wielding a giant hammer equals a large, muscular blue-skinned man in a hooded tunic wielding a giant hammer?
Don't bother. If someone solely let's something like a color change from green to black ruin their entire perception of a character design they're never going to be happy about anything in their lives.

I actually really like that design for Ronan. It's like a space samurai type of vibe. I think Pace is going to be awesome in this.

I actually really like that design for Ronan. It's like a space samurai type of vibe. I think Pace is going to be awesome in this.

I do, too.
LOVING these costume designs. Ronan looks like he'll be the next genuinely badass and beloved MCU villain behind Loki (and before Spader rocks the world as Ultron).

Also loving the 80s touches for Quill. Even the Walkman (complete with headphones) is an accessory on the action figure. Sounds like there'll be a lot of 80s music on that Walkman mixtape in the movie.

Also:

Because these a) look better and b) ARE FAITHFUL TO THE COMIC BOOK. You're the only one complaining about his outfit being black instead of green. It makes absolutely 0 difference to everyone else. He's still blue, he's still wearing nearly the exact same type of outfit he did in classic comics, he still has his universal weapon, he's still bat**** insane. The outfit being black instead of green amounts to nothing whatsoever. It IS comic accurate, it DOES look good, and it fits the visual aesthetic of the movie and actually serves a purpose plotwise, all at the same time. Get over it. Not to mention you're judging this crap off of toy designs, which is completely silly.

Maybe they want to add actual variety to the aliens and not have a bunch of blue guys all looking the same? Because that's what it would be if Korath looked like his comic book counterpart. Korath being changed doesn't matter at all, it's a 2 bit character that we're even lucky to be getting at all. Being blue does nothing for his character, nor does he even have to be a Kree to work in this movie. All Korath has to be is a loyal underling to Ronan, that does not require him to be Kree (in this movie), blue, white. black, pink, or having shrimp antennas like he does in the comics.

Finally, Star-Lord looks like a space pirate and has a unique design. The image that you posted that you "wanted" does not look like anything he's worn in the comics either. And clearly the trenchcoat serves an emotional purpose in the film because it's probably a style he picked up from Yondu. He still has his mask, he still duel wields guns, he still looks badass. Being upset or even expecting him to have been dressed like a german soldier in space is silly. We've known about this design for months so whining about it now makes no sense.

Oh ****ing please. Pink Kree are white, get over it.

Korath does not have to be Kree, nor do they have to follow those guitared convoluted rules from the comics for the Kree society in this movie. Not to mention they're clearly not working for the Kree army in this movie, they're working for Thanos. We have no idea what the Kree's status in the MCU is, you're making a lot of assumptions expecting it to be exactly like the comics when clearly it won't be.

Those look nothing like the comics either, and Drax and Gamora look even less so than their current designs. You're being a hypocrite. Just say you don't like the designs for what they are instead of using the basis of their different from the comics as justification.

:applaudPretty much sums it up.

haha yea if they included it with the action figure, it must feature quite a lot in the film. Little quirks like that will make GotG and Quill stand out.

And this is why I'll be spending money on that sweet, sweet Peter toy! UNF!!

Sometimes I wonder where the people on these boards finds so many gifs! I think it happens on these forums more than in just about any others.

Tumblr and ONTD. Those places are gif sanctuaries LOL!!

I've seen a lot of these gifs on there too. But I am impressed with people's ability to just pop them out like they're no big thing :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"