Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else wonder if there will be easter eggs or something setting up Nova? Obviously the Corps are involved but I mean Rich Ryder or Sam Alexander?

Source: Twitter

Marvel Thailand confirmed that the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer will in fact be released tomorrow!

Source: Twitter
She plays Meredith Quill, so from a young woman to an older woman I guess that would unrecognizable. Remember from TDW when Alice Krige was supposed to be unrecognizable and just turned out to be a physician/nurse in the OR.

Yay, tomorrow shall be a good day.

(Oh wait, I'll be out all day...)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So what time do they normally release trailers? I live across the Atlantic so sometimes when they say Tuesday that means Wednesday for me.

I thought the trailer would be released today, on Monday...?

Anyway, I know next to nothing about GotG except that Vin Diesel is playing a tree, there's a raccoon, the Avatar chick, and Chris Pratt is in it.

But everytime I look up pictures, I see Captain America's shield. Sometimes I see Groot holding it, while other times a blue guy is holding it.

Also, so far all movies in the MCU go together and fit together, but where would GotG fit in exactly?

Don't criticize me for my lack of knowledge, I've yet to do research on them; I've been stuck on The Last of Us and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Marvel Thailand's facebook page says "Trailer tomorrow" (i think, google translation) posted 1 hour ago... so maybe 23 hours from now ?

Marvel Thailand's facebook page says "Trailer tomorrow" (i think, google translation) posted 1 hour ago... so maybe 23 hours from now ?

You kill me!

And here I was, all hyped up to see it. What am I going to do with my life now!?

^^ My wife is Thai, so I just asked her to translate it for me. She confirms that it says "Preview coming tomorrow, please like our page" or something like that.

i don't know how official that site is, though. They could be basing it on the same info we are using, without having any more official word (not to be a downer, just cautious).

I thought the trailer would be released today, on Monday...?

Anyway, I know next to nothing about GotG except that Vin Diesel is playing a tree, there's a raccoon, the Avatar chick, and Chris Pratt is in it.

But everytime I look up pictures, I see Captain America's shield. Sometimes I see Groot holding it, while other times a blue guy is holding it.

Also, so far all movies in the MCU go together and fit together, but where would GotG fit in exactly?

Don't criticize me for my lack of knowledge, I've yet to do research on them; I've been stuck on The Last of Us and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The original Guardians are from the 31st century, so they have Cap's shield from the future. Vance Astro used it, and (if i remember correctly...) he somehow came back to modern times to meet up with the current Guardians, or something like that. Someone can confirm that, since it's been a while since I read it.

I highly highly doubt that Cap's shield or the time travel aspect will be in this film, though.

DnA's Guardians of the Galaxy is basically the Dirty Dozen in space. Yet there isn't a dozen of them. They are intergalactic criminals/fugitives who come together to fight universal threats. A team of cosmic anti-heroes, so to speak. Nothing like the Avengers.

^^ My wife is Thai, so I just asked her to translate it for me. She confirms that it says "Preview coming tomorrow, please like our page" or something like that.

i don't know how official that site is, though. They could be basing it on the same info we are using, without having any more official word (not to be a downer, just cautious).

Well, "Marvel Thailand" is a verified page by Facebook , so is pretty official i believe.

The original Guardians are from the 31st century, so they have Cap's shield from the future. Vance Astro used it, and (if i remember correctly...) he somehow came back to modern times to meet up with the current Guardians, or something like that. Someone can confirm that, since it's been a while since I read it.

I highly highly doubt that Cap's shield or the time travel aspect will be in this film, though.

I wonder how Vance Astro came into possession of the shield then. I might give those comics a look.

Vance Astro is from the year 2300 or something like that. Cap's shield survives long into the future.

Just learned that Vance Astro,
Vanceastro.jpg

Won't be in GotG film. WHAT? This guy looks so badass! Plus he has Cap's shield! Christ alive this guy is unbelievably cool! Where has this guy been all my life?

Is he a major character in GotG comics? Where can I get as much as possible on him!?

EDIT: And his name! Vance Astro... such awesome, much wow. Almost as cool as Lex Stratus (T) (C) (do not steal).

Last edited:
The Thailand thing is pretty reassuring, I thought Tuesday sounded weird for a trailer release but I just found out it's President's Day, so maybe that's a thing?

Also praying the "preview" tomorrow isn't a five second clip.

TJB, just so you know, yondu is from the future, too, but he's been re-tooled and will appear in this film. Maybe you'll get to see Vance in a sequel.

Not sure who Yondu is, but will look him up.

Has Gunn still not confirmed it? I don't get why he just doesn't come out and say yes or no.

The Thailand thing is pretty reassuring, I thought Tuesday sounded weird for a trailer release but I just found out it's President's Day, so maybe that's a thing?

Also praying the "preview" tomorrow isn't a five second clip.

That's actually not that weird a day to release it because trailers for the upcoming Friday releases start getting sent to theaters on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if they want to get ahead of a crappy cam leak, Tuesday's pretty much when they'd have to release it.

I'm so tired of time travel as a plot device. It won't ruin the movie for me, but I hope it wont be part of the story here. But then I don't get always what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"