Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdbfan

Avenger
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

u6lgQ.jpg

Discuss any and all ideas about GotG here. :)

Last edited:
Nova is in this movie and they're just saving him for a big announcement type deal. I can almost guarantee it.

Do you think they'll get ILM or Weta to work on this? I really hope so.

I think Marvel will probably get one of those two or both like Darth said to lead the VFX in this.

The Avengers pretty much had every major VFX department working on it. There won't be as many for GotG but I definitely think they'll have a number of those companies returning for this.

I think ILM did most of the stuff on Avengers right? It's not unusual though to have multiple visual fx firms working on the same movie.

I think ILM did most of the stuff on Avengers right? It's not unusual though to have multiple visual fx firms working on the same movie.

They've collaborated in the past, I think both will work on this. Especially since Weta has a whole physical prop division...I could see the breakdown being Weta on the Characters...especially Rocket Raccoon & Groot as well as the physical props. And ILM doing most of the rest. They need to work with Weta, they are the best at mo-cap and making Digital characters believable (see Gollum and Ceasar from Planet of the Apes).

So when do you guys think we'll start getting some news on this? Iron Man 3 is almost done filming I think, Thor just started filming, we should probably start getting some Captain America casting news soon, so my guess is we'll have a director before winter

I would think a director within the next month or two. Maybe Star-Lord casting before the year ends

I want to see what weta can do with Rocket Raccoon
Now that's some test footage I'd pay to see.

I haven't caught any of the modern GOTG comics. Are there any great plotlines that you guys see being adapted?

Not really. I mean, most of their 25 issue run was tie-ins to some big event or in the case of the start of the series, fallout. I'd expect them to retrofit some of the Annihilation storylines or come up with something fairly original not seen in the comics.

I would think a director within the next month or two. Maybe Star-Lord casting before the year ends

Considering the tight two year time frame for this movie we could start hearing about a short list any time and certainly something definite in the next couple of months.

Not really. I mean, most of their 25 issue run was tie-ins to some big event or in the case of the start of the series, fallout. I'd expect them to retrofit some of the Annihilation storylines or come up with something fairly original not seen in the comics.
Must be why everyone's expecting GOTG to tie into Avengers 2 with Thanos. Could it deal with the fallout from the first Avengers movie and the events of Thor 2, maybe?

Must be why everyone's expecting GOTG to tie into Avengers 2 with Thanos. Could it deal with the fallout from the first Avengers movie and the events of Thor 2, maybe?

Because it makes the most sense, especially if Thanos is the main bad guy. I have this idea in my head that they team up to fight Thanos and they lose at the end of the movie and you see Thanos and his army traveling towards Earth. In an after credits scene you see one of the GotG (Star-Lord more than likely if Nova isn't involved) battle broken getting up, suiting up and jetting off to Earth to warn them that Thanos is coming. Then a title card saying "You Can See Star Lord....in Avengers 2"

Of course, Nova would be a better candidate for that role in my head. Though I don't know if Marvel will have any of these guys in Avengers 2. Just seems weird that they would be fighting Thanos and then be like "Oh he's going to Earth, we're busy."

I can't wait to see more space, planets, aliens. Hope they throw in some kree soldiers and some skulls hanging around somewhere at a spaceport or something.

Do you guys expect to see the Guardians together already at the beginning of the movie, or will they have to, ahem, assemble?

Do you guys expect to see the Guardians together already at the beginning of the movie, or will they have to, ahem, assemble?

Assemble as all of them have different agendas and motivations. When these guys all met in Annihilation: Conquest, they were in prison.

Don't know much about these guys other than their A:EMH appearance but I'm really excited for a space epic set in the MCU and even more so if Thanos is going to be involved. Wonder what kind of actors they are going to get since you won't get a lot of "face" time as some of these characters

So how can marvel increase the profile of these characters going into the movie? Contrary to some hyperbolic opinions about Iron Man etc being nobodies, those characters were somewhat established with the GA; not to the degree of Spider-Man, but Iron Man, Cap and Thor had been in cartoons, action figures, video games, etc.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have had little to no crossover into the Mainstream. How does Marvel avoid this becoming their Serenity?

Thor was in basically nothing before his movie, too. A cartoon from the 60s, a Hulk TV movie and a couple of DTV animated flicks. A couple toys here and there

So do it like you did Thor. Throw them in all your video games, TV shows, toylines, etc for the next two years. And hire some big name actors.

So how can marvel increase the profile of these characters going into the movie? Contrary to some hyperbolic opinions about Iron Man etc being nobodies, those characters were somewhat established with the GA; not to the degree of Spider-Man, but Iron Man, Cap and Thor had been in cartoons, action figures, video games, etc.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have had little to no crossover into the Mainstream. How does Marvel avoid this becoming their Serenity?

Rocket Raccoon is in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and mentions Guardians of the Galaxy often.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4hDjttNGgYA#t=68s
Star-Lord Rocky and Groot were all in episodes of EMH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLMq7lRqgqY

Marketing will take care of getting the general public on board with these characters. Look at Star Wars. Completely original characters that no one knew anything about and it became one of the biggest movie franchises of all time.

I may sound like a loon for saying it but this could become our generation's Star Wars.

Thought this might be interesting. Looks like Marvel is going after Latino Review to give up their source for GOTG and IM3 leaks pre-SDCC:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/marvel-movies-iron-man-3-guardians-galaxy-leak-352022

If the email is legit, you can lend a bit more credibility to other LR scoops recently. But I'm not going to give them a Woodward & Bernstein Journalistic Integrity Award just yet --- hell, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that LR made up the letter themselves just to make their wild-ass sources look more credible.

Will be interesting to see if legal action ensues, though. (hah, wordplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"