Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman Returns was not Marsden's fault. If anything, part of its problem was that Marsden did a far better job portraying a square jawed honest boyscout than Routh did.

I'm rooting for Joel Edgerton or Garrett Hedlund.

The rest of the contenders...I'm not familar with.

No to James Marsden, he already had his chance playing a superhero...give others a chance please.

If Marsden is chosen, that just screams 'lazy casting' to me.

Lee Pace definitely. Although I wouldn't mind if he doesn't get picked so he can get a chance at being the new Bruce Wayne.

I say Lee Pace. That guy is a real actor. He was almost unrecognizable playing a racist congressman in Lincoln.

I loved Lee Pace in Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies. Hope he gets picked.

I say Lee Pace. That guy is a real actor. He was almost unrecognizable playing a racist congressman in Lincoln.

Also, this :awesome:

ViO2R.jpg

Superman Returns was not Marsden's fault. If anything, part of its problem was that Marsden did a far better job portraying a square jawed honest boyscout than Routh did.

The problem is Marsden plays that same guy in every frickin movie hes in. He has absolutely no edge and no clue how to fake it. Hence, his career.

I'm not a Twilight fan but obviously the movies features good actors.

Michael Sheen, Lee Pace, Dakota Fanning are good actors.

yeah good actors do bad movies all the time. a paycheck's a paycheck.

Michael Sheen has done more bad movies than good movies if you think about it.

Oh god! I can't watch Iron Man ever again. :csad:

I can't believe Gunn is in trouble over that blog post. I mean seriously guys?

Yes it was silly and goofy but who cares? It was a goofy list on a blog probably like 20 people read.

I think Marsden has a slight advantage over the actors vying for the role in that he has worked with Marvel before.

Chris Evan, Ryan Reynolds, Will Yun Lee, Ray Stevenson, Sam Elliot, Jon Favreau, Ben Foster, Rebecca Romijin and Idris Elba are all actors that have starred in Two unrelated Marvel properties.

Then we have people like Zachary Levi (attached to play Fandral in Thor, Now brought in to play him in TDW) and Adewale (in talks with Marvel back in '09 to play Black Panther, now set to play Kurse) who Marvel developed a relationship with, and when the appropriate opportunity arose, they went back to both these actors.

Then we have people like Thoms Jane, Natalie Portman and Edward Norton who previously turned down roles in a Marvel film, but later return to work with Marvel.

Then we have Emily Blunt who had left Marvel twice! First with Black Widow in Iron Man 2 then Peggy Carter in CATFA, and is still rumored as a possibility for another character (possibly Ms Marvel in another Marvel film).

Point is, If Marvel developed a good solid rapport with a person, its likely that might want to work with that person again... That's why I think Marsden might have a better shot then most of you presume.

Although I have to admit, I want to see him return as Cyclops, in DOFP and possibly future X-Men installments especially if they decide to do a X4 in addition to a X:FC2

Last edited:
real actors don't do Twilight movies.
Unfortunately, they do. Lee Pace is one of 'em, and he's not alone. Michael Sheen, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Fanning...they all experienced the same lapse in judgment. And Lee's involvement is more forgivable than the others because he's the least-established name of the bunch, so he had less options, lol.

Its not all about the art guys. These guys want to get paid.

Yup, and who wouldn't want to be in a guaranteed blockbuster where you can show your skill to a larger audience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"