Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish Garrett Hedlund will get the role. I have always wanted to see him in a MARVEL superhero movie.

Wasn't him being considered to played Captain America before Chris Evans was cast??

I really wish Garrett Hedlund will get the role. I have always wanted to see him in a MARVEL superhero movie.

Wasn't him being considered to played Captain America before Chris Evans was cast??

I think Hedlund will definitely be a solid choice! Although I still think his better suited for Nova!

I wonder who will be voicing Rocket. What accent does he have in the comics, presuming he takes a human one?

The only two times he's been voiced (in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Avengers: EMH) he was given a Cockney accent, I'd prefer if they kept that voice. Though, I'm also totally for Michael Rooker as Rocket.

There's going to be an upcoming episode of 'Ultimate Spider-Man' with the Guardians in it, I think Rocket's voice in that maybe an indicator of how he'll sound in the movie. I assume they're only doing a Guardians episode because of the movie, so I assume they'd get a similar sounding voices for the characters.

With news of a Tron sequel back in the works, looks like Hedlund might be out.

Good. :)

He can stick to being in movies no one sees. Like Taylor Kursed.

Good. :)

He can stick to being in movies no one sees. Like Taylor Kursed.

....Since Tron Legacy just got greenlighted for another sequel, it's safe to say that plenty of people saw it....:dry:

I like how $400 million worldwide is seen as **** these days.

Seriously, I know Disney anticipated bigger numbers but it's not even close to a flop. Which lots of uninformed people say it is.

i think quill needs to be a bit older and more worn looking. so i don't like the idea of these youngsters playing him. i also think this film needs some biggish names as the leads. i like bradley cooper or edgerton for the role.

Compared to The Avengers $1billion :o ;)

$1.5 billion.
If you went by that number, NOTHING deserved a sequel --- not even Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Transformers. James Cameron is the only juggernaut out there that ever made more money than Avengers.

Is this going to be the "Star Wars" , "Star Trek" for Marvel?

Sorry, I'm not very familar with Guardians of the Galaxy actually.

it's basically the dirty dozen in space. or farscape. which ever era of pop culture is more relevant to you i guess.

GOTG is an area of Marvel I too am quite unfamiliar with.

I'm betting Edgerton or Pace get the Star Lord part. Hedlund will have Tron 3 and IMO it's only a matter of time before we find out Marsden is in DOFP.

Lee Pace Prepares Himself For 'Guardians' Audition

“I go in on Monday to meet them all and audition for it, so wish me luck,” the actor said. “I'm very excited about it. The script is great. The character is a lot of fun. I have been [reading up on Star-Lord]. You want to know what you're doing. The character is a lot of fun. I hope it works out.

“We'll see. We'll see,” Lee Pace said about his chances of nabbing the Star-Lord role and possible appearance in The Avengers sequel. “I've got to audition. I've got to go get it. I actually love auditioning, so I'm happy to go meet them all and do it.”
Video Interview: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/12/07/lee-pace-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord/

rg5tg.png

To those who participated in that spamming session don't do it again.

Weak, bro. The Man claims another :(

Anyway, with him saying his audition is Monday I'm gonna say we won't hear anything firm until next year

Filmboy, its called Wikipedia. Just type in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and start reading. The interwebs is a marvelous (no pun intended) invention i tells ya. Here's the "link" (you click on it with your mouse btw):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(2008_team)

and here's the "link" for the 70's version of the team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(1969_team)

you're welcome.

Thanks a million Joeyjojo72,

though I'm not sure if Guardians of the Galaxy has a wide mainstream audience

Not many people know about Guardians of the Galaxy.

They don't. But that doesn't mean the film is doomed. As long as it looks cool and they emphasize that this is the same studios that brought you the Avengers, the film should be able to do the $400 M ww necessary for a $150-175 M film to be considered successful.

Yes Guardians of the Galaxy is a risk, but post-Avengers, I think the risk element has gone down substantially. A team like GoTG has as good of a chance of surviving in a post Avengers world as Thor did in a pre-Avengers one, while the Iron Man, Thor and Captain America sequels are almost guaranteed box office smashes.

That's what happens when your brand pops out a $1.5 B movie.

Last edited:
They don't. But that doesn't mean the film is doomed. As long as it looks cool and they emphasize that this is the same studios that brought you the Avengers, the film should be able to do the $400 M ww necessary for a $150-175 M film to be considered successful.

Yes Guardians of the Galaxy is a risk, but post-Avengers, I think the risk element has gone down substantially. A team like GoTG has as good of a chance of surviving in a post Avengers world as Thor did in a pre-Avengers one, while the Iron Man, Thor and Captain America sequels are almost guaranteed box office smashes.

That's what happens when your brand pops out a $1.5 B movie.

To an extent. I hate to keep playing devil's advocate about b.o. --- but I'd much rather be a pessimist who's proven (pleasantly) surprisingly wrong with a much higher than expected gross than an optimist whose high hopes get shot down by dismal ticket sales --- but the phenomenal success of Avengers took place in a team setting, not a solo setting. Iron Man is still a guaranteed proven franchise, but I still don't see any guarantees with Thor or Cap. Again, high hopes, but I'm trying to be realistic about any MS movie that doesn't feature Iron Man in it.

To an extent. I hate to keep playing devil's advocate about b.o. --- but I'd much rather be a pessimist who's proven (pleasantly) surprisingly wrong with a much higher than expected gross than an optimist whose high hopes get shot down by dismal ticket sales --- but the phenomenal success of Avengers took place in a team setting, not a solo setting. Iron Man is still a guaranteed proven franchise, but I still don't see any guarantees with Thor or Cap. Again, high hopes, but I'm trying to be realistic about any MS movie that doesn't feature Iron Man in it.

I see all 3 solo franchises having huge foreign growth after the characters were featured in a film that did nearly $900 M internationally. Domestic growth will probably be minimal (less than 15%), but a foreign boost of up to 50% for each solo sequel wouldn't shock me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"