Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First draft of the script is getting a rewrite

Kinda interesting this'll be the first MCU film based on characters not thought up by Stan Lee. Think he will still cameo?

Well, while we don't know if he'll even be in the movie, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby also created Adam Warlock, although they didn't come up with the name.

Yes, yes, yes! Disney/Marvel turning up the heat!!!

Pinch me Chewy I'm dreaming. :hrt:

If they're talking Galactus and Surfer they're probably talking Annihilus and Blastaar too (assuming Fox has the rights) :awesome: :awesome:

It also sounds like Marvel/Disney don't only want SS and Galactus back but the entire Fantastic Four franchise and if Fox agree then they'll let them do whatever it is they're planning to do with Daredevil.

Smart ultimatum Disney/Marvel is proposing here. Lets be honest the F4 along with SS and Galactus can go to far better use in the world Marvel Studios is currently building. Fox is just letting them rot.

It sounds to me like it's just the cosmic portion of the F4 license.

It also sounds like Marvel/Disney don't only want SS and Galactus back but the entire Fantastic Four franchise and if Fox agree then they'll let them do whatever it is they're planning to do with Daredevil.

Smart ultimatum Disney/Marvel is proposing here. Lets be honest the F4 along with SS and Galactus can go to far better use in the world Marvel Studios is currently building. Fox is just letting them rot.
Well, the wheels are already turning at Fox for the F4 reboot, so I doubt they would get swapped. Silver Surfer is a coup though, especially with Marvel's plans for Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet storyline coming up! Also, this opens things up for a Defenders movie! =P

I don't see why Fox would even want to keep F4 if they're giving away a good deal of their mythos away. Something tells me Fox is just going to let them have F4 in its entirety.

Lets just call it a gut feeling. SS & Galactus are definitely priority but something is just telling me they'll successfully get the F4 back too.

Well, the wheels are already turning at Fox for the F4 reboot, so I doubt they would get swapped. Silver Surfer is a coup though, especially with Marvel's plans for Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet storyline coming up! Also, this opens things up for a Defenders movie! =P
Fox wanted to make it look like that was the case but apparently there aren't even wheels on the bus in reality.

Trank is apparently further in development with Sony's Shadow of the Colossus than he is with F4.

Fox wanted to make it look like that was the case but apparently there aren't even wheels on the bus in reality.

Trank is apparently further in development with Sony's Shadow of the Colossus than he is with F4.

If this turns out to be true then it's highly possible the current talk of wanting to "fast track" the development of a F4 reboot was a tactic in negotiations for FOX, especially if the team themselves were on the table.

Oh wow. Without the cosmic portion of F4... how do they even get powers? Haha.

But really, what's left? Moleman? Puppet Master? Does the Negative Zone count as cosmic?
Exactly, I see Fox cutting a deal where they just hand the entire F4 and friends back to Marvel and they get to have their 70's Frank Miller style Daredevil and get a generous extension in terms of filming rights.

Fox can develop a really good Daredevil movie that way and Marvel/Disney gets further building blocks for their cosmic universe that would otherwise be useless for Fox as they seem completely incapable of handling the F4 series anyways.

If this turns out to be true then it's highly possible the current talk of wanting to "fast track" the development of a F4 reboot was a tactic in negotiations for FOX, especially if the team themselves were on the table.
Pretty much.

Oh wow. Without the cosmic portion of F4... how do they even get powers? Haha.

But really, what's left? Moleman? Puppet Master? Does the Negative Zone count as cosmic?
Yeah the Negative Zone is cosmic, the entire Annihilation event was structured around it

If you lose Daredevil you can only make X-Men/F4 movies, whereas if you give up the cosmic stuff you can make X-Men/certain F4 movies/DD.

There's Dr Doom, Mole Man, Frightful Four, etc. Still stuff to mine.

Ideally, how this situation pans out:

WE get Fantastic Four and it's cosmic characters back, allowing for an AWESOME future to the MCU,

AND get a proper Daredevil film that is given time to be made, that wouldn't be possible with Marvel/Disney at the moment

Win/Win

I guess time will tell (very soon) what ends up happening. Personally I'm hoping Marvel/Disney snatch up the F4 series entirely.

I really don't get that impression at all, and if Fox did such a trade, they'd be fools, as the F4 have much greater franchise potential than Daredevil.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that if Marvel/Disney were in negotiations with Fox over certain F4 characters that they wouldn't try to get Marvel's greatest villian - Dr. Doom. In the end, I see them going for the whole stable of characters.

Exactly, I see Fox cutting a deal where they just hand the entire F4 and friends back to Marvel and they get to have their 70's Frank Miller style Daredevil and get a generous extension in terms of filming rights.

Fox can develop a really good Daredevil movie that way and Marvel/Disney gets further building blocks for their cosmic universe that would otherwise be useless for Fox as they seem completely incapable of handling the F4 series anyways.

Pretty much.
I still don't know. The clock won't be ticking on F4 for another 2 years (FFROTSS came out in 2007, Elektra came out in 2005), and trading the whole F4 universe for an extension on Daredevil sounds completely unbalanced. Maybe your hunch is true, and if so, Marvel must be borrowing Disney's lawyers or something, because it sounds like Fox has its balls in a vise!

Outside of Doom, FF wouldn't have that many good villains to face off with in their movies if the cosmic stuff was taken away, would they?

I find it hard to believe that if Marvel/Disney were in negotiations with Fox over certain F4 characters that they wouldn't try to get Marvel's greatest villian - Dr. Doom. In the end, I see them going for the whole stable of characters.

a F4 franchise without Dr. Doom isn't a franchise. You only go after Doom if you're attempting to get the whole ball of wax.

I really don't get that impression at all, and if Fox did such a trade, they be fools, as the F4 have much greater franchise potential than Daredevil.
I agree with you about half the time, KC, and this is one of those times that I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"