Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
16939433_10154048258806157_4603138662550103432_n.jpg

Poster is bad...the teaser poster is so much better.

lol i used to have one of those mattel football games. so cool that he converted it into somekind of radar.

Also, I don't know if it's been talked about on here before, but compared to the last movie the visuals in this look insane. I love how vibrant and cinematic it is and you can tell it's much bigger in terms of scope.

I love that all these trailers absolutely gave nothing away.

Unlike the other movie from the other studio that pretty gave everything away.

The people complaining that we don't know anything about the story are silly. The less we know the better IMO.

I do need that poster.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ayesha and Matriarch were combined into one character?

The people complaining that we don't know anything about the story are silly. The less we know the better IMO.

I do agree, considering trailers tend to spoil important plot details. Sure this trailer revealed Kurt Russell playing Star-Lord's father, but the Internet has known this for quite a while. I hate going into a movie knowing every single plot detail.

And people are constantly complaining about trailers "spoiling too much" or "I feel like I've seen to whole movie now" or other such things.

Make up your minds people.

Trailer didn't wow me or anything, but baby groot is adorable and the cinematography looks excellent.

This. I don't know why but none of the GotG 2 teasers or trailers felt like something special. My excitement for the film is based purely on my enjoyment of the first one being really good pulp space opera fun ride and the fact Nebula is back. :woot:

Really, because to me everything points to this being an epically good time. Also it's got Kurt Russell, that's just awesome in an of itself.

Was good, preferred the teasers though.

DUDE. I can't wait.

This is gonna be amazing.

P.S. I hope they keep it this way. I don't want to know half of the plot before the release.

Last edited:
I like the trailer. I'm glad it feels like we haven't seen that much. We'll see how it pans out. Gunn made it sound like the stakes of this story are more personal than galaxy-ending stuff, but I guess we shall see.

I think a lot of trailers tend to give away too much, so the less we see the better. Guardians of the Galaxy trailers don't have to give away too much anyway after the first film.

I just hope we get a good villain this time.

If I had to guess, most of the stuff in the trailers is from the first 2/3 of the film and the only thing from the ending is maybe the group shot where Mantis gets hit by falling debris. Gunn and Marvel have basically left all of us guessing what will be happening at the end of this film.

And that Ladies and Gentleman is the last Trailer I will see for this movie Didn't spoil anything for us and that's what I like. I don't get why people want the movie spoiled for them in Trailers. This Trailer has me sold on the movie and I really don't need to see any more.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how vague the trailers have been for the last MCU movies. This one showed almost zero story. Strange didn't even hint at kaecillus goal and Civil War played on the conflict and NOT on zemo's plan.

Some other studios could learn thing or not about not spoiling surprises.

I hope it's not the release poster. I like the mood, but it's lazy Photoshop. Nothing like this:
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Poster.jpg

18b149286ca6f2920e017bd5d2ffcbf5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"