Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we see it since we don't really know how long it took for him to become a teen. Before the movie ends the last shot of Groot you see a leaf grow and the top of his head looks greener. I do want to see teen Groot for IW and then maybe Groot in his prime for Avengers 2019 and GOTG3.

I can do without teenager Groot and hope he grows like a weed....a big weed....with bark....and strong.....and doesn't sit on the (cell) phone all day saying "I am Groot".

Didn't Vin Diesel or Feige hint that Groot in Infinity War will be full grown & bigger & more powerful than he was in Vol 1?

Groot-Thanos-Thor-Marvel-Comics-Panel.jpg

I love UDOT (they're doing things like that all the time with popular movies or other phrases to encourage people to buckle up/not text and drive/pay attention/etc...)

Good for Utah! Never would have guessed it.

I love UDOT (they're doing things like that all the time with popular movies or other phrases to encourage people to buckle up/not text and drive/pay attention/etc...)

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Who says he didn't have to do anything? Instead of putting in like 20 dick jokes, they could have added a scene with Gamora/Nebula/Thanos to really make that arc pay off.

What would that scene even entail, though? It would serve no purpose outside of just having it for the sake of having it. It would stop the narrative dead in its tracks.

What would that scene even entail, though? It would serve no purpose outside of just having it for the sake of having it. It would stop the narrative dead in its tracks.
It could have shown Thanos egging on Nebula, before she realizes who the real enemy is and that it is not Gamora. She then goes for Thanos, only to have Thanos laugh and own her.

Not exactly that, but something like it would have visually wrapped up the plotline well and also would have shown Thanos's power IMO

I think the rivalry was clear and well executed without Thanos being physically in the movie.

It's pretty clear Thanos is a sadistic **** and his tyranny is starting to show in every corner of the MCU.

Between hiring Ronan and Loki to take over entire worlds in his search for infinity stones, killing many in the process (Drax's family, Coulson) and pitting his adopted daughters against each other and watching the rage that drives each of them... I see the pain he causes even without him around.

Just like real life fathers...

I'd like to remind everyone......uncensored cursing is NOT allowed on the HYPE....pictures of people "flipping the bird" are NOT allowed on the Hype.....so do NOT post videos with uncensored cursing and people flipping the bird in them.

So who do you guys think will be in Guardians 3, any new members
besides Adam Warlock
? Phyla-Vell and Moondragon could be added to the team

I'd like to see Moondragon (Drax's daughter) join the team early on in the third installment, and after Adam opens the Cancerverse, see the error of his ways and join the team to help stop it.

My heart says Pip to round out the old Infinity Watch, but my brain says he'd be redundant with Rocket around.

It'd be nice to have Richard Ryder (or Sam Alexander maybe) around to represent the Nova Corps. If not that, bring Corpsman Dey back; apparently they wanted to but JCR had scheduling conflicts.

Also
remember the bit where Mantis touches Drax when he's thinking of his daughter and bursts into tears. Drax just sits there stoically and sighs a little, but the implication is that inside his heart is absolutely broken with grief

Oh it's even better than that. Despite all the grief she still cracks a big grin towards the end as the love and joy of the memory comes bubbling up despite the loss.

And in terms of who needs to be added in GotG3 -- clearly it is Cosmos, da?

All I need now is Nebula and Mantis
pwJnlkW.jpg

The more I think about this movie...the more I love it...this one is a grower.

So who do you guys think will be in Guardians 3, any new members
besides Adam Warlock
? Phyla-Vell and Moondragon could be added to the team

Cosmo and Vance Astro/Major Victory for me. Though I wouldn't mind Moondragon either, or Phyla-Vel for that matter.

I think the rivalry was clear and well executed without Thanos being physically in the movie.

It's pretty clear Thanos is a sadistic **** and his tyranny is starting to show in every corner of the MCU.

Between hiring Ronan and Loki to take over entire worlds in his search for infinity stones, killing many in the process (Drax's family, Coulson) and pitting his adopted daughters against each other and watching the rage that drives each of them... I see the pain he causes even without him around.

Just like real life fathers...

We're not talking about movies anymore, are we? :o

I can't wait for
Teenage Groot
in Volume 3. That should be hilarious. :woot:

I can do without teenager Groot and hope he grows like a weed....a big weed....with bark....and strong.....and doesn't sit on the (cell) phone all day saying "I am Groot".

Ditto. I see it as a good sign they grew him so fast for the post credits scene. Kinda seems like they had that one joke they wanted to get in before he's full grown in the next movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"