Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Adam Warlock as main villain makes so much sense

I just want a movie to focus on the team since this is the last one with them. Not the crap that was Volume 2 where Gamora and Drax were out of the movie after 30 minutes and it became the Double dukeebag (Yondu/Rocket) and Exposition Duo (Peter/Ego) movie. And hopefully less sandbox humor about penises and turds.

But since this movie has to set up the cosmic realm for the next years to come I'm not hopeful there.

L9NIjFV.jpg

We're hosting a Dormammu vs Eson The Searcher battle in the Marvel Films forum, link in my signature.

If you don't mind, stop by and place your votes we're also creating an MCU Power Tier link in my signature as well.

I wonder if any of the Guardians will have their stories advanced in Avengers 3 & 4 - I suspect those with issues with Thanos [Drax, Gamora and Nebula] would be likely candidates.

Star Lord seems to have been covered in vol. 1 & 2 so maybe Rocket will get some back story in vol. 3 - I still say High Evolutionary would be a good choice for the scientist who turned him into what he is.

Yep exactly. Those 3 are likely to get narrative progress while the others will get interesting interactions with the Avengers.

They are better off without Nova in Vol. 3 since they are already dealing with Adam Warlock.

Gunn originally had Warlock in the second movie in a treatment phase but realized it would've been too much and wouldn't work.

I just want a movie to focus on the team since this is the last one with them. Not the crap that was Volume 2 where Gamora and Drax were out of the movie after 30 minutes and it became the Double dukeebag (Yondu/Rocket) and Exposition Duo (Peter/Ego) movie. And hopefully less sandbox humor about penises and turds.

But since this movie has to set up the cosmic realm for the next years to come I'm not hopeful there.

I loved Vol.2 but I agree splitting up the team for so long was something I didn't like. I hope they stay together for the whole of the 3rd movie and we get to see them interact more.

I liked splitting them up because it is easier to progress each character and let them have more screentime in a meaningful way than having them all together all the time. I'm curious how Infinity War affects things and we already know that some members will either die or decide to leave.

Adam Warlock as main villain makes so much sense

They will have two villains because Warlock will probably recognize the GOTG mean well and fight for good. I am not sure Ayesha is much of a physical threat so someone else has to hang around.

I liked splitting them up because it is easier to progress each character and let them have more screentime in a meaningful way than having them all together all the time. I'm curious how Infinity War affects things and we already know that some members will either die or decide to leave.

I didn’t mind them splitting up for one movie, but I don’t want to see it again for the 3rd movie.

Also, I can’t see Gunn wanting any of the Guardians to die when he is currently writing he 3rd movie.

Even if characters die, we know how temporary that can be.

Nebula can die, she isn't part of the core team. Her road should end with Thanos and Gamora can get another story.

Just did a watch of Vol. 2 and Spider-Man and I still LOVE that movie. Visuals are gorgeous, loved Yandus redemption, and that damn Rocket is awesome. I find the jokes to be kind of Deadpool like which is okay but I hope Gunn does better in that department in vol. 3. Can’t wait to see what songs get chosen as now that Peter has a Zune there could probably be music from 90s and 2000s included.

Last edited:
Nebula can die, she isn't part of the core team. Her road should end with Thanos and Gamora can get another story.

As far as I remember she didn’t die in the Infinity Gauntlet comic, so hopefully she doesn’t there in the movie either.

I just hope they calibrate their jokes a little for part 3. The first installment had the perfect mount an pretty much all hit but I found they tried for more the second time around and weren't as successful.

Yeah someone needs to give the jokes a look this time and get rid of the ones that miss. Otherwise all good.

This movie will now most definitely set up the cosmic universe with spin offs. I still expect Warlock to be a big focus but with the F4 rights back from Fox, oh man. This will be a hell of a movie.

This movie should belong to the Guardians, the teased Guardians (in Vol.2) and Adam Warlock/Magus and Ayesha - but a Silver Surfer Tease after the credits will be nice.
Gunn proofed with Vol.2 that he has no interest in putting plot-points for other MCU-franchises just for the sake of the other franchises (he refused to push the Thanos/Infinty-War story).
So if there will be an involvement of the "new" characters, than only after the dredits.

One thing I am happy about with regards to Disney buying Fox is the FF rights being returned. If Galactus and SS get a mention or cameo in GOTG3 I will lose my ****.

I expect at least a mention or a glimpse of Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"