Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Gonna be a while. Gunn was absolutely key to Guardians.

Frankly, I suspect incorporating the X Men, Deadpool and F4 into the MCU is more of a priority at this point then rushing a GOTG 3 into theaters is.

Given all the drama surrounding GOTG 3 ,in addition to the new Fox characters , Spiderman, and their own big hitters like Black Panther , It wouldn't surprise me if GOTG 3 does end up on the backburner for a few years.

It makes less sense to incorporate X-Men into GotG than someone like Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc. I think that is far more likely.

The "people in the know" are claiming that it's not true.

Just like the news going back/forth on James Gunn being rehired/not rehired (or numerous other comic related news stories lately) I suppose there'll be some back/forth news stories coming up about this delay...

My guess is that this film is going to be replaced by something else. When Inhumans got cancelled, it slowly just sort of faded away and guess this is what's perhaps going to happen with the current iteration of James Gunn's script unfortunately.

It's a shame we won't get the Guardians trilogy and conclusion with these characters like the original plan was. I wish whoever takes over would fulfill that promise of a three-movie arc where the characters evolve somehow, and is not just a big space action spectacle. Much of James Gunn's touch was in those little emotional moments. The ending of Vol. 2 is what really made the movie better.

It's a shame we won't get the Guardians trilogy and conclusion with these characters like the original plan was. I wish whoever takes over would fulfill that promise of a three-movie arc where the characters evolve somehow, and is not just a big space action spectacle. Much of James Gunn's touch was in those little emotional moments. The ending of Vol. 2 is what really made the movie better.

I suppose an optimistic view could be "Hot Christmas" being a shout-out to fans that James Gunn's script is still in use: ‘Guardians of The Galaxy 3’ Has Working Title ‘Hot Christmas’ – A Nod To Adam Warlock and Sign It’s Moving Forward Soon?

Maybe after some time has passed James Gunn could work alongside the director as an outside consultant of sorts. I've repeatedly had to remind myself not to get my hopes up when it comes to entertainment/films in general though...

I feel like this is Marvel acknowledging the whole situation around the Guardians is a hot mess.

No wonder it's pushed back. Can't find a new director, going to struggle with unhappy actors, just a mess. I hope it turns out better than I feel it will.

Hearing about this movie now has just become depressing. A year ago it was my most anticipated MCU movie.

This is what happens when you take political correctness too far and fire a director for making crude jokes.

Hearing about this movie now has just become depressing. A year ago it was my most anticipated MCU movie.

Same here, man. This went from one of my most anticipated things in the MCU period to one of the least :csad:

I am curious for Eternals, but Eternals will never have me as hyped as GotG3 had me before all this happened.

I'm looking forward to Eternals - Guardians 3 will have to work a lot of Marvel magic to get me re-excited for it. :csad: This is not the kind of mood I was expecting to have toward this movie, but I simply cannot support what that disgusting pervert said and did, and the fact that he ever got his hands on such a fun and entertaining franchise is really sad to me.

EDIT: I seriously apologize to James Gunn - what I said about him was disgusting in and of itself. I still disagree with what he said, and Guardians will still have to do a lot to get me back onboard, but...yikes. I'm so so sorry for ever saying that: gods, I didn't expect to be this mortified, looking back through old posts. Mortified, ashamed, horrified...I'm feeling all those things right now. :eek:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Eternals - Guardians 3 will have to work a lot of Marvel magic to get me re-excited for it. :csad: This is not the kind of mood I was expecting to have toward this movie, but I simply cannot support what that disgusting pervert said and did, and the fact that he ever got his hands on such a fun and entertaining franchise is really sad to me.
But he hasn't even been found guilty of being a pervert, he just did some tweets he later regretted.

Well, Dave Bautista has returned to the WWE, so I guess he's taking a leave from Hollywood for the time being.

Well, Dave Bautista has returned to the WWE, so I guess he's taking a leave from Hollywood for the time being.

I won’t be surprised if the reason is now studios hesitate to work with him.

I won’t be surprised if the reason is now studios hesitate to work with him.

He has been talking about another WWE run for years, so they very well may not be connected.

But he hasn't even been found guilty of being a pervert, he just did some tweets he later regretted.

Some tweets? What about the fact that he was going to pedophile-themed parties? :ebr:

EDIT: see my above edits, for clarification. I disagree vehemently with everything I previously wrote on this subject.

Last edited:
He has been talking about another WWE run for years, so they very well may not be connected.

Well it still may not be the sole reason.

Some tweets? What about the fact that he was going to pedophile-themed parties? :ebr:

I totally understand Disney's decision to fire him and I'm not against it, but I think there's a difference between "negatively affecting the reputation of the company you work for" and "doing things that should be called out". If he wants to engage in priest/ headmaster/ pupil kink or whatever, that's his own private, personal things.

I won't even complain if Disney fires him purely because those party-going photos are leaked (and not because of what he tweeted), but I don't think it's fair to question his morality/ call him out just based on those photos.

I think the best option is to turn this into a Cap Civil War like movie. You having the Guardians with the Asgardians introducing the Eternals. Good way for Marvel to make a profit while cleaning up the Gunn situation. bad place throw in Adam Warlock and Beta Ray Bill it could be epic.

Some tweets? What about the fact that he was going to pedophile-themed parties?
He doesn't go to pedophile-themed parties as an actual convicted (or active?) pedophile though, does he?

Using your argument, if someone went to a party themed around iconic or cult killers (Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees etc) would ultimately make them guilty of being a murderer. It's complete rubbish. Gunn's tweets were in poor taste. Party themes (on the assumption nobody is actually being abused) is his own business. It's no different from a woman in a relationship dressing up as a school girl for her boyfriend/husband. It's fictional role-play. Not an automatic conviction.

I don't think they were themed parties. It just looked like they were Halloween costume parties with some edgier politically incorrect costumes.

I hope this doesn't kill the Guardians of the Galaxy series. I wish they could work something out with Gunn and let him return.

Interesting that Bautista refuses to work for Disney for moral reasons, but has no problem working for a company that openly supports Saudi Arabia.

Interesting that Bautista refuses to work for Disney for moral reasons, but has no problem working for a company that openly supports Saudi Arabia.
Has he actually refused to work for them though? Last I heard, he wasn't happy working on Guardians 3 without James Gunn, but I've yet to read a report where he says he simply wont.

Do you have a source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"