Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

It will depend on how long the regulatory approvals process takes place and when shooting starts. The movie's release period sort of puts in that sweet spot where that timing could work out.

Ant-Man clearly put in a verbal reference to Spider-Man back in 2015.

It will depend on how long the regulatory approvals process takes place and when shooting starts. The movie's release period sort of puts in that sweet spot where that timing could work out.

Ant-Man clearly put in a verbal reference to Spider-Man back in 2015.
I think the deal will be done by the time they film. They just announced it but never gave it a date.

One thing I am happy about with regards to Disney buying Fox is the FF rights being returned. If Galactus and SS get a mention or cameo in GOTG3 I will lose my ****.

Heh. I don't even need to tell you what'll happen to me if it happens. :D

Is Drax in any of The Infinity Wars promotional photos or Behind the Scenes photos?

There was a rumor that he goes up against Thanos early on in Infinity War and now I'm wondering if that's true and he dies.

Is Drax in any of The Infinity Wars promotional photos or Behind the Scenes photos?

There was a rumor that he goes up against Thanos early on in Infinity War and now I'm wondering if that's true and he dies.

:csad: hope not, though it would be cool to see that confrontation.

I doubt that. The leaked scene shows him with Gamorra and Peter in the hall of the collector. And that scene didn't fell to the in the first act of the movie

Who if any of the Guardians do you think will die during IW? Drax is as good a candidate as any.

During a Twitter Q&A, Gunn revealed that GOTG 3 will be with us in 2020.

I hope it will be (far) better than Vol. 2. and Gunn will left his childish, Adam Sandler-level (Groot's puke, Drax's nipples, etc) jokes back home.

Quill is most boring character (for me). Is Gamora the deadliest woman in the galaxy? LOL. She more dancing than killing. I don't want to see young Groot. I just need Old Tree Groot!

Sorry, my english is bad.

Last edited:
During a Twitter Q&A, Gunn revealed that GOTG 3 will be with us in 2020.

I hope it will be (far) better than Vol. 2. and Gunn will left his childish, Adam Sandler-level (Groot's puke, Drax's nipples, etc) jokes back home.

Quill is most boring character (for me). Is Gamora the deadliest woman in the galaxy? LOL. She more dancing than killing. I don't want to see young Groot. I just need Old Tree Groot!

Sorry, my english is bad.
GOTG 2 still had serious heart moment though. I didn't mind the jokes but I don't know the GOTG from the comics and many people that view the movies don't either. Warlock is a pretty big name in the comics so I don't see them making him a comedy guy. Ego is whatever though I liked him in the movie. I think comedy was used in his movie because he isn't a well known character.

Some of the jokes were too juvenile. Does Ego have a penis? The David Hasselhoff mentions were overboard.

GOTG 2 still had serious heart moment though. I didn't mind the jokes but I don't know the GOTG from the comics and many people that view the movies don't either. Warlock is a pretty big name in the comics so I don't see them making him a comedy guy. Ego is whatever though I liked him in the movie. I think comedy was used in his movie because he isn't a well known character.

Some of the jokes were too juvenile. Does Ego have a penis? The David Hasselhoff mentions were overboard.

Some of the jokes definitely went too far but the heart string moments were among the best of the whole MCU for me.

I can't wait to start hearing the soundtrack for Vol 3! I'm curious if it will still be only stuff from the 70s, or if they'll work in more modern songs now that Peter Quill has the Zune?

I agree, I could have done without a couple of the jokes.

Although in James Gunn's defense, I feel like he has a better since of humor than some other recent movies with juvenile humor. Most of the jokes in both Guardians movies play off of what's going on in the scene (they're relevant to the situation), while something like Thor Ragnarok just has a lot of "wouldn't this be funny" humor. "Wouldn't it be funny to have a Willy Wonka reference in there?"

Who if any of the Guardians do you think will die during IW? Drax is as good a candidate as any.
I think there's only one Guardians candidate that may end up dead at the conclusion of IW, and that'll be Nebula.

Believe it or not, there are people who have watched, and enjoy the Guardian films whilst not knowing much about the wider MCU (or in some cases, they just don't care for it). The MCU is more superhero, Guardians is more ... space opera.

If a Guardian is killed outside of a Guardian film, I think that'll hurt the trilogy; especially when some people will be asking "where is character x?"

I don't want to see young Groot. I just need Old Tree Groot

Yeah, I was hoping baby-Groot would 'Groot-up' into old Groot in GOTG2. I guess they could use the time stone to advance Groot to old-tree Groot.

The Groot of Infinity War will be a Teenage Groot (as seen in the GotG aftercredit scene). It's possible, depending on the scale of time, that GotG3 Groot would be Adult Groot again, but I'd have thought the writers would want to explore the different ages of Groot, rather than simply jumping back to his GotG1 age.

The Groot of Infinity War will be a Teenage Groot (as seen in the GotG aftercredit scene). It's possible, depending on the scale of time, that GotG3 Groot would be Adult Groot again, but I'd have thought the writers would want to explore the different ages of Groot, rather than simply jumping back to his GotG1 age.
Yeah they want to explore Groot and give him more variety with the ages. IWs will have teen, A4 possibly he gets into what we consider young adult 18-23 and by GOTG3 he is in his physical prime 27-32.

I can't wait to start hearing the soundtrack for Vol 3! I'm curious if it will still be only stuff from the 70s, or if they'll work in more modern songs now that Peter Quill has the Zune?
He isn't stuck in space now that he will be on Earth in Iws and A4. Stark and some others likely mention music to him. I bet he will have a music now.

With how much Gunn is loving the GOTG in IWs, have to hope he can continue to carry that element over to GOTG3.

Becoming a fully fledged person who can attend to her other Maslow needs and not just revenge?

hfnvKJp.png

Please be confirmation that Ronan is coming back in modern times!

Although I wouldn’t say no to a Quasar movie. Or a Rocket and Groot one for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"