Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Sort of concerned about Adam Warlock. Not sure how much we can expect from the character in a story that's about High Evolutionary/Rocket.
To be fair the High Evolutionary and Warlock are pretty tightly connected originally. The evolutionary became a foster father to Adam, is the one who named him "Warlock" and gave him the Soul Gem. Counter-Earth first appeared in Warlock's early comics and was kind of the main thing Adam dealt with for a couple of years, fighting the Evolutionary's creations like the Man-Beast and other "new men".

Of course we don't know how things will work out in this movie, but I expect Adam to quickly abandon the Sovereign and allign himself with the Evolutionary.

Yeah I have Gorr-concerns as well, but then again Adam will definitely stick around longer.
But where he appears next, will be interesting. Because outside The Marvels I don’t see any cosmic projects in Phase 5 & 6 yet.

To be fair the High Evolutionary and Warlock are pretty tightly connected originally. The evolutionary became a foster father to Adam, is the one who named him "Warlock" and gave him the Soul Gem. Counter-Earth first appeared in Warlock's early comics and was kind of the main thing Adam dealt with for a couple of years, fighting the Evolutionary's creations like the Man-Beast and other "new men".

Of course we don't know how things will work out in this movie, but I expect Adam to quickly abandon the Sovereign and allign himself with the Evolutionary.

If they can somehow tie it into the grander story, then great. At the same time, Adam Warlock was set up as Ayesha's creation to destroy the Guardians. Based on the trailer, Warlock does not appear to a main focus. And considering this is the "last" story or the current Guardians that's a little sad to me. But I mean if they just kind of make Adam Warlock a minor part of this story, it's kind of a waste. I wouldn't use Adam Warlock to be a mere Korvath or even Nebula in this story.

Sadly Warlock was introduced after they got rid of Thanos, so he gets no role in any of that either.

Chris Hemsworth displays his bulging biceps and ripped physique
65031655-11479769-The_Aussie_actor_was_shirtless_showing_his_incredible_physique_i-a-27_1669694642144.jpg
CH seems to be back on that Thor shape. Wonder if they’re still filming or going to film some Thor stuff for GOTG3. Would make a lot of sense because of Thor and the Guardians recent partnership and even the Adam Warlock connection. I also could easily see a post credit scene featuring Thor for example.
He’s def back in great shape. Would love if there was any kind of appearance.

Oh god please don’t let this mean more penis jokes from Drax

Someone may have already asked this but do we know if Ayesha will appear? I hope so.

On rewatch I don't mind the penis joke at all... its much better than him constantly calling Mantis ugly and gagging

Someone may have already asked this but do we know if Ayesha will appear? I hope so.

According to the credits of the trailer she does

I'd prefer if no jokes drag out again. Seriously, that's one of the reasons I absolutely hate Guardians Vol. 2 compared to 1. Gunn doesn't know how to let a joke just end. We don't need to see Rocket laughing for half an hour at the name Taserface or Baby Groot grabbing the wrong item five times.

He got the humor down just right in the first one, and more power to a director getting the freedom to tell the story they want, but the jokes dragging out is why Vol. 2 is my least favorite MCU film.

Miraculous, really, when Love and Thunder is right there. But of course this is where someone chimes in and says 'No, Gunn had the right amount of humor in Vol. 2 and didn't overdo it' or some variation.

I'd prefer if no jokes drag out again. Seriously, that's one of the reasons I absolutely hate Guardians Vol. 2 compared to 1. Gunn doesn't know how to let a joke just end. We don't need to see Rocket laughing for half an hour at the name Taserface or Baby Groot grabbing the wrong item five times.

He got the humor down just right in the first one, and more power to a director getting the freedom to tell the story they want, but the jokes dragging out is why Vol. 2 is my least favorite MCU film.

Miraculous, really, when Love and Thunder is right there. But of course this is where someone chimes in and says 'No, Gunn had the right amount of humor in Vol. 2 and didn't overdo it' or some variation.
You’re 100% right. Both Gunn and Taika lost the balance in their second movie. We don’t need Drax making dumb penis jokes or Rocket laughing at a stupid name. We don’t need screaming goats every 20 minutes or Thor never taking anything seriously.

I hope Gunn is able to walk it back in this one and let the emotional moments breathe and not undercut them.

I’ve seen both GoTG films 5 times in theaters and I plan on doing the same with this film. The Guardians have connected with me from an emotional standpoint from the story, characters and music that I’m dreading the emotional rollercoaster that this film will be. But I know James Gunn and his cast and crew will deliver an epic final chapter to this era of the Guardians and I can’t wait to see it.

Very glad to finally get Adam Warlock and hope he can live up to expectations.

Yeah I have Gorr-concerns as well, but then again Adam will definitely stick around longer.
But where he appears next, will be interesting. Because outside The Marvels I don’t see any cosmic projects in Phase 5 & 6 yet.
Avengers Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars probably would feature cosmic locations.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special was fun to watch, had me chuckling at Drax and Mantis adventure
Agreed. Just watched it and it's going into the regular Christmas lineup for me.

Agreed. Just watched it and it's going into the regular Christmas lineup for me.
Especially given its length, no reason not to rewatch this every Xmas now for me too.

I forgot to mention this when I saw Avatar 2, but the preview for this in 3D was incredibly well done. Of all the 3D trailers, this one blew me away.

Damn Will got seriously jacked up for the role. Major props to the fitness team at Marvel Studios they make sure the actors look to be in great shape to take on a heroic role for these films.

It's too bad Adam Warlock is being introduced in Phase 5. I think they waited too long to introduce him.

Also, what role is he even playing here if High Evolutionary is the main villain?

The Square Enix game did come up with a good use for him at least. That game is really underrated and more people should give it a look. Tells a good Adam Warlock/Magus story.

James Gunn Explains Why He Cast Will Poulter As Adam Warlock
“He’s definitely not a good guy,” confirmed Gunn. “What we’re seeing is the infant form of Warlock, newly out of the cocoon, and he does not understand life very well. He’s basically a baby.”

:sh:checks out

It's too bad Adam Warlock is being introduced in Phase 5. I think they waited too long to introduce him.

Also, what role is he even playing here if High Evolutionary is the main villain?

The Square Enix game did come up with a good use for him at least. That game is really underrated and more people should give it a look. Tells a good Adam Warlock/Magus story.
Maybe this will be the usual trope of first bad guy turns out to be a good guy and so we team up to beat on the REAL bad guy.

Maybe this will be the usual trope of first bad guy turns out to be a good guy and so we team up to beat on the REAL bad guy.

My guess is that he will attempt to follow Ayesha's orders at first before thinking for himself and befriending the Guardians.

And whatever the new wave of Guardians/cosmic heroes will be Adam might be a part of it, or maybe he will be set up as a future threat because of the Magus transformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"