Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Tickets are on sale, but I'll wait closer to release. Think I'll watch this one in Dolby...I need the best sound quality possible for Vol 3, it's undoubtedly gonna be a musical feast. Gonna be a lot happening for Cinco De Mayo weekend, I'm looking forward to Friday night with the Guardians!
IMAX for me.

Come and get your love at #17 makes me think that Quill get his happy ending (and that he dances with Gamora into the sunset). It could be just a song during the credits though...

I think, if someone of the Guardians has to die, Gunn would use a song for the death scene/funeral. None of the songs is qualified for this I think.

Got my ticket for the GoTG IMAX Marathon at my local theater. Pretty excited for it and as I’ve stated on here before I’ve seen both vol.1 and vol.2 of these films five times and the marathon will be a good way to kick it off. These films have definitely meant a lot to me and I can’t wait to see how this version of the Guardians ends before they inevitably soft reboot the franchise with a new team down the line.

Ok, those character posters look awesome af

Those character posters are awesome.

I remember back in 2017 there was so much hype in the Guardians thread. I feel theres not much buzz for this movie.

Hopefully I am wrong.

There seems to be less excitement in most of the CBM individual film boards recently. Most outside of the likes of Batman don’t seem to be busy.

I remember back in 2017 there was so much hype in the Guardians thread. I feel theres not much buzz for this movie.

I feel it too, I believe is a combination of factors: there's been too much stuff too mediocre lately. Both from Marvel and DC. There's caution around these properties now. They are not as infalible as they used to be.

I also think the pandemic changed our behaviour when it comes to what to see on the big screen and what to see at home, at least that's how I feel about it. The window between theatrical and streaming has shortened in such a way that it really makes no difference. I don't mind waiting a little bit more, I prefer to watch stuff on my big TV lying on my bed.

The only thing that prevents me from not going to the cinema at all are spoilers. I don't want to be spoiled about things I actually want to see.

I was just thinking about how just like the comics this is an end to a great run of James Gunn’s take and vision for this iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes other artists have contributed to that story in other films of the MCU and this take on the team but now we’re going to get James definitive finale to this particular cinematic Guardians story and I know that he’ll deliver an action packed, comedic and emotional finale that we expect from a Guardians of the Galaxy film and I honestly can’t wait. Whoever takes on the Guardians in the next version has big shoes to feel.

I was just thinking about how just like the comics this is an end to a great run of James Gunn’s take and vision for this iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes other artists have contributed to that story in other films of the MCU and this take on the team but now we’re going to get James definitive finale to this particular cinematic Guardians story and I know that he’ll deliver an action packed, comedic and emotional finale that we expect from a Guardians of the Galaxy film and I honestly can’t wait. Whoever takes on the Guardians in the next version has big shoes to feel.
Yeah we’re pretty much guaranteed “action packed, comedic and emotional” as you say. Hopefully it’s a great sendoff. I’m not anticipating any more dedicated Guardians films in the near future though. Some of the characters like Nebula might hand around and feature in some future films.

I know this won't happen but I'd really like Groot and Rocket to stick around as much as possible, much like R2 and C3PO.

There seems to be less excitement in most of the CBM individual film boards recently. Most outside of the likes of Batman don’t seem to be busy.
The mega saga of Infinity Stones is over and none of the movies after have connections to a grand story or mcguffin. We could guess if a stone will appear in individual movies or a Thanos connection. The next big story is Kang/multiverse but Ant-Man was his first appearance, multiverse characters are not jumping over. I think if Skrulls were after Thanos it would have had some guessing to connect movies and hype.

Hmmm maybe times have changed.

But honestly, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic 4 from my observation have the most hardcore fans, so something like Ant-Man, Guardians, Captain America and Black Panther who only gotten big because of the Mcu aren't going to drive a lot of conversation.

I don't feel any eXcitement for this, but I will watch it as soon as I can.

Out of all the Infinity Saga ips, I find Guardians of the GalaXy the least interesting. I liked Nebula in Endgame and thats it.

Also, i still dislike James Gunnafter those tweets were resurfaced. Like damn, he's lucky he wasn't canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"