Guess That Line: The Movie Line Trivia Game !

"Your friends give me the creeps."

"Prison is a creepy place, Kitty, and one needs to make creepy friends in order to survive. On the inside, even my talents were worth less than a carton of cigarettes and a sharp piece of metal in your pocket."

Grand Budapest Hotel ?

"Your friends give me the creeps."

"Prison is a creepy place, Kitty, and one needs to make creepy friends in order to survive. On the inside, even my talents were worth less than a carton of cigarettes and a sharp piece of metal in your pocket."
Oh, that's Superman Returns. I can vividly recall Spacey's delivery of that one (appropriate!).

"I get it. You're taking me back in time to show me my mother and father, and I'm supposed to get all goosey and blubbery. Well, forget it, pal, you got the wrong guy!"

"That's exactly what Attila the Hun said. But when he saw his mother... Niagara Falls!"

"I know a guy who walks into a bank with a little glass bottle. He tells everyone it's nitroglycerine. He scores some money off the teller, walks out. On his way out, the bottle breaks, he slips on it and knocks himself out. The "nitro" was Canola oil. I know more ****ed-up bank robbers than ones who know what they're doing. I doubt if one in twenty could tell you where the dye pack is. Most bank robbers are ****ing morons."

"What would you do if the entire Japanese Army were behind you?"

"Surrender and get some sleep."

"I get it. You're taking me back in time to show me my mother and father, and I'm supposed to get all goosey and blubbery. Well, forget it, pal, you got the wrong guy!"

"That's exactly what Attila the Hun said. But when he saw his mother... Niagara Falls!"
Scrooged

"I hate this Johnny. I really do. I hate violence. That is why I had Rosie do this, I could never do that man, I could never hold a knife to Tyler's throat, she was my woman. We shared time together. But, Rosie, he's like a machine. He's got this gift of blankness. Once you set him in motion, he will not stop. So, when three o'clock comes, he will gut her like a pig, and try not to get any on his shoes and there is nothing I can do."

"I know a guy who walks into a bank with a little glass bottle. He tells everyone it's nitroglycerine. He scores some money off the teller, walks out. On his way out, the bottle breaks, he slips on it and knocks himself out. The "nitro" was Canola oil. I know more ****ed-up bank robbers than ones who know what they're doing. I doubt if one in twenty could tell you where the dye pack is. Most bank robbers are ****ing morons."
I know this was a George Clooney movie, I remember him saying this line. I think it was "Out Of Sight" with Jennifer Lopez? I'm not 100% sure though.

"It ain't the money ya understand, but if I don't charge ya somethin' the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination. How does a hundred dollars a month strike ya?"

"Fine."

"Can ya afford that much?"

"If it keeps you in the good graces of the church."

"Ain't it peculiar how money seems to do that very thing?"

Hacksaw Ridge?

The hint is... Yes it's a film about guys in the Army, but... No one goes to war. The "Japanese" ref should give you an idea about time frame so Hacksaw Ridge is too late a setting.

PS, it is a great film that I think has been overlooked but it's one of my favorite "coming of age" type movies that's just kinda fallen through the cracks.

"It ain't the money ya understand, but if I don't charge ya somethin' the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination. How does a hundred dollars a month strike ya?"

"Fine."

"Can ya afford that much?"

"If it keeps you in the good graces of the church."

"Ain't it peculiar how money seems to do that very thing?"

200.gif

One of my fave lines from that movie, if such a thing is possible.

" . . . Give this 4 million dollars to a bunch of *nuns*? How big a jackass do you take me for?"

"Think of it this way: you'll go to Heaven."

"I don't wanna go to Heaven, I wanna go to the bank and cash this STUPID CHECK!"

I know this was a George Clooney movie, I remember him saying this line. I think it was "Out Of Sight" with Jennifer Lopez? I'm not 100% sure though.

Fjzc.gif

As a Puerto Rican man I should have been ALL about early career Lopez but... I kinda disdain her and her movies on an elemental level but THIS one? This scene?

(erotic shivers)

And it's a great little post Pulp Fiction crime movie that was like a dime a dozen from 94-99. I think it stands out.

@Perfect Cell, add it to your new list.

" . . . Give this 4 million dollars to a bunch of *nuns*? How big a jackass do you take me for?"

"Think of it this way: you'll go to Heaven."

"I don't wanna go to Heaven, I wanna go to the bank and cash this STUPID CHECK!"

This was killing me until I remembered the drug money stuff from...

200.gif

I'll be the Hetero guy to say it...

There's nothing all that interesting about anything Demi Moore has ever done as an actress in just about any part she's been in. She's never even shown bursts of something more under the surface like some others among her peers.

Sex appeal and that husky voice are the only reasons she was in anything.

Here’s one from a classic (and my all time favorite movie):

“Jenny, I believe God made me for a purpose. He made me for China. But he also made me fast. And when I run, I feel his pleasure.”

(...)This is different. This is in my name.
Make an exception.

Old business is old business.

This is new business, and we do not discuss new business until...
(...)
next quarter.

Here’s one from a classic (and my all time favorite movie):

“Jenny, I believe God made me for a purpose. He made me for China. But he also made me fast. And when I run, I feel his pleasure.”
Forrest Gump?

(...)This is different. This is in my name.
Make an exception.

Old business is old business.

This is new business, and we do not discuss new business until...
(...)
next quarter.

Gonna need a hint or two here I think MissM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"