Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawyer High King

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/the...toro-and-carlton-cuse-gets-pilot-order-at-fx/
    :eek::up:

2. Asgard Kanga Fu

Sounds good.
    We have so many movies and tv shows romanticizing vampires. Now we get to hopefully see the more brutal animalistic version of vamps.

3. THUNDERSTRIKE NOTORIOUS, INGLORIOUS, VICTORIOUS

I hate all these contemporary vampires that are able to go out during the day or the worst sort of vampire... the lonely, sensitive and romantic vampire who can induce and entice any mindless airhead female twit that he has a hardon for to turn of her own free will...

what a load of crap...

4. Shifty Chief of Surgery

Love this but hate that the pilot won't be filmed until September 2013, which means if the series gets picked up it won't be on the air until fall 2014 or early 2015.

Just order it to series and commit to 10-13 episodes, it adapts a single book so it will at least wrap certain things up. That way it could be on the air by spring 2014.

Not good for Powers, FX is moving onto developing other projects.

5. Sawyer High King

We don't know that it'll take that long to air. American Horror Story was greenlit in early 2011 and on the air by October.... Then again, this is GDT we're talking about, and we all know what that guy's schedule is like.

I've already accepted that Powers is essentially dead and buried, sadly. :csad:

6. Shifty Chief of Surgery

That also had Ryan Murphy involved who already worked at FX and having it premiere in October would be ideal. Plus they had canceled Terriers so there was an opening. That's the fastest you'll ever get a cable show on.

Justified and Lights Out both signed deals in Feb.2009.

Justified premiered in Mar.2010.
    Lights Out premiered in Jan.2011.

Part of it is scheduling the show to premiere but other times its to rewrite and reshoots/recast and test the show.

FX's The Americans had a deal in February of this year, didn't get a series order until August but we won't see this until early 2013.

2014 will have the last season for Sons of Anarchy and Justified will be 5 seasons old, so FX needs some new blood quick.

7. Asgard Kanga Fu

Agreed. Less romance and brooding, more insane need for blood and ripping of limbs.

8. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

[​IMG]

****ing happy right now. I loved The Strain books. BRING IT ON!!!!

9. nite-owl Registered

I don't mind if the series doesn't start until 2014/15, because it gives me more time to read the books.:awesome:

10. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Have only read first book, have the 2nd one there to read, but thought the first book was superb, really enjoyed it so delighted with this news.

Eagerly anticipating this now, especially with GDT involved.

11. Crockett With Teeth

I'm excited that del Toro opt this to be a series rather than a trilogy of movies, not only that but FX and Cuse, I think it's going to do wonders but the wait is going to be unbearable. Nevertheless I can't wait the day when they chose the actor for Setrakian and if the series is successful, Augustin.

12. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

^Yeah, it'll be interesting to see who they choose for the main characters.

One thing i do hope is that the vampires are EXACTLY like the books, the way they were described they sounded scary, especially with that thing that shot out of their mouths.

13. Sawyer High King

Being that this is not going into production until September... do you think we'll have to wait terribly long for casting? Because, if so, :csad:

I need something.

14. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

^Unfortunately yes, I think we do have quite a wait on our hands for more news, but its okay, I will just read the other 2 books in the meantime.

15. Sawyer High King

I'm debating whether or not I want to read the books before this airs or if I want to be surprised by the series.

16. Shifty Chief of Surgery

I'm thinking they won't cast until the summer. Network pilot casting will begin in Janauary so they'll wait until that's over and the networks have picked up their shows since there may be some actors who become available on new shows not being picked up and current shows canceled in April/May.

17. Sawyer High King

Well, hopefully we get something sooner rather than later... concept art, a teaser poster, anything...

18. Man in the Suit Greeting

Comic Con maybe? Hopefully a little sooner, but GDT rules that place, so ya never know.

19. DrDoom Dictator

LOVED the first book, have had the next two but havent had time to read them.

Find it funny that Fox passed on the show so Del Toro made it a book and now FX picks it up lol

20. Shifty Chief of Surgery

If GDT is there he'll be interviewed by the media but there won't be a panel. FX just ordered a pilot. While it is likely it will make it onto TV, so did the Powers TV adaption and that thing has to be dead after 2 years of FX not committing to ordering it to series.

21. Sawyer High King

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/170965-del-toro-provides-another-update-on-the-strain-tv-series

22. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Just cant wait for this to get going now, just the pilot alone should be amazing.

23. Sawyer High King

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01...lains-plan-for-guillermo-del-toros-the-strain

24. Sawyer High King

Tired of waiting... GDT!!! :argh:

25. Shifty Chief of Surgery

Sometime in 2014 is a long wait... but its pretty much a guarantee that they'll get picked up.

SOA will air their last season in 2014 and Justified will have finished their fifth season by the time The Strain airs. America Horror Story 4 will happen and The Americans may or may not get a third season. The only other drama FX has coming this year is The Bridge plus potentially Tyrant in 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.